broken meseta farming nerf when?

@YagyuChan said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

especially when some are calling for bans on it which is not fair.

Players in Final Fantasy XIV who abused the limit break ability from the squadron system would get innocent players banned if players came in via duty matching / queue system and didn't know about the exploit being used during their run of said content. It's not uncommon for people to get bans when they had no idea they would get banned for simply using the queue system.

(These bans were also permanent until contested.)

I honestly don't mind innocent people getting banned over it as long as the staff respond appropriately and unban the people who were innocently and wrongfully banned, not knowing about the exploit in question. The chat logs would be looked at, for whisper/alliance/group/etc. to make sure players didn't communicate the exploit between one another.

@coldreactive said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@YagyuChan said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

especially when some are calling for bans on it which is not fair.

Players in Final Fantasy XIV who abused the limit break ability from the squadron system would get innocent players banned if players came in via duty matching / queue system and didn't know about the exploit being used during their run of said content. It's not uncommon for people to get bans when they had no idea they would get banned for simply using the queue system.

(These bans were also permanent until contested.)

I honestly don't mind innocent people getting banned over it as long as the staff respond appropriately and unban the people who were innocently and wrongfully banned, not knowing about the exploit in question.

but yet they won't and will say that the bans are not appealable. This is SEGA Of Japan we are talking about here they have seen worse than this Elder trigger "bug" and never banned for it. All they did is shut down the trigger and repair it then put it back online.

As I have said before if it wasn't intended that's fine. Fix it, but players who thought Sega just has an easier way to get meseta shouldn't be banned for it.

I was just playing the game and anything that makes my life easier is cool with me. I had no way to know it wasn't intended until Sega said something about it.

Hmm Id say barely worth stopping it (but can see the reason to), definitely definitely not a bannable thing especially when nothing to make anyone think its not a fully legit and intended mechanic.

I guess they may just patch it so meseta scales with difficulty or something? Or remove/reduce badge reward. Or a combination.

Reminds me of the Great FFXI Salvage Purge, so many relics/mythics lost for using exploit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9knoJHmuy8

@Doom-Smack said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Hmm Id say barely worth stopping it (but can see the reason to), definitely definitely not a bannable thing especially when nothing to make anyone think its not a fully legit and intended mechanic.

I guess they may just patch it so meseta scales with difficulty or something? Or remove/reduce badge reward. Or a combination.

It will likely be the latter more so with the badges. They also may consider having the meseta be fixed at a lower amount like with Tokyo bonus missions having fixed item drops.

@coldreactive said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@Doom-Smack said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Hmm Id say barely worth stopping it (but can see the reason to), definitely definitely not a bannable thing especially when nothing to make anyone think its not a fully legit and intended mechanic.

I guess they may just patch it so meseta scales with difficulty or something? Or remove/reduce badge reward. Or a combination.

It will likely be the latter more so with the badges. They also may consider having the meseta be fixed at a lower amount like with Tokyo bonus missions having fixed item drops.

honestly fine if they leave it at that but banning people is plain horrible.

There's nothing wrong with that. My thing is I don't think people should be punished for using a game system that was there to be used. How were we to know it wasn't supposed to drop that much? Maybe some people did know. But I for one didn't know.

@Vexation said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

There's nothing wrong with that. My thing is I don't think people should be punished for using a game system that was there to be used. How were we to know it wasn't supposed to drop that much? Maybe some people did know. But I for one didn't know.

In my case I did Elder one before this became known and did it on SH solo for fun. I do Elder to have fun and challenge myself not to farm meseta and if that is bannable then I am very sad since I love this game and don't want it to lose players over such a problem.

@YagyuChan Indeed. I also play to have fun.

@coldreactive

That's an entirely different company/platforms which handles their issues differently. SE is more strict and by the book when it comes to their contents while SEGA is more laidback on most things. On the basis of how players in XIV get banned is irrelevant in which how SEGA judges players in PSO2 at what point where a ban should be enforced.

I find it more appropriate to use examples in PSO2 itself that has happened or concurrent in which SEGA handed out bans or didn't. Such as players using multiple accounts to abuse meseta gains, this is still something that has been a factor in the inflation of the market from the start, yet SEGA isn't banning or enforcing people not to do it. Since each account holds up to 2m+ from weeklies and daily offer 300~500k, this doesn't even account the drops, etc... The average multi-account with mules, players literally earns millions doing this just running dailies/weekles and going back and funding their main accounts via shop. Yet, there aren't rarely anything regarding people doing this getting banned in the numbers.

Usually, if it's something that affects the game both financially like how duping is, then SEGA will hand out bans.

@SeriPSO2 Honestly, it feels like you don't even attempt to read what I'm saying. For the last 3 posts I've been saying that yes, I was wrong and rdr *will *affect the number of drops, but your explanation is wrong.

Also to clarify meseta aren’t set to 100% in on any difficulty’s loot table, for XH and difficulties beyond that, it’s just set to a much lower probability to give other items more frequency of dropping. Hence why I say it’s more rare in XH and higher, but you will get it depending on the XH in rare occasion.

When I say that the meseta drop rate is set to 100% I don't mean that you will always get meseta from a boss, what i mean is:

Assuming every drop tier except meseta has 10% chance to drop something and 90% to fail, for simple explanation.

The game rolls for a rare enemy drop, it fails

It rolls for common enemy drop, it fails

It rolls for rare class drop, it fails

It rolls for common class drop, it fails

it rolls for area drop, it fails

then it finally rolls for meseta drop, and according to the site I linked, drops from bosses always have 100% chance to succeed this roll.

This is why I said that number of drops from boss is fixed - if you count every meseta crystal and item laying on the ground after killing given non-XH boss, you should always get the same number objects.

However, on XH there is another mechanic called Quest specific drop, which adds more drops to enemies, and I don't know if these also have 100% chance to not fail meseta roll.

The issue wouldn't exist if they didn't make the RWB4 exchange rate so easy on the players. This isn't an unintended mechanic, just an unforseen consequence with a bandaid fix.

I'll be interested to see if they do the same to PD triggers.

@Chipputer said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

The issue wouldn't exist if they didn't make the RWB4 exchange rate so easy on the players. This isn't an unintended mechanic, just an unforseen consequence with a bandaid fix.

I'll be interested to see if they do the same to PD triggers.

I am also interested in this.

@Chipputer said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

The issue wouldn't exist if they didn't make the RWB4 exchange rate so easy on the players. This isn't an unintended mechanic, just an unforseen consequence with a bandaid fix.

I'll be interested to see if they do the same to PD triggers.

They won’t, PD triggers can be bought at the badge shop as well in JP. Been that way for while now.