broken meseta farming nerf when?

You could already make this amount of meseta without much work if you farm the right extreme quest stages and sell the grinders that drop. (Like 100k in a few runs, not like you could make 1m in only a couple runs or anything like that). So even if these numbers were accurate it's really not that much better or crazy compared to ways that already existed.

@Kamil118

Not to poke the bear, but Seri is augmentative about literally EVERYTHING that we do on NA that's different than what they do on the JP servers. Any time someone brings something up that differs from the JP servers, such as Elder Meseta Farming, he'll find some way to be overly critical and argumentative of it, even though there's nothing to be critical and argumentative about.

Honestly, sometimes it's better to just move on rather than try to maintain a discussion with him, he's a brickwall, you're not going to be changing his mind any time soon.

@Riesz According to people, elder pays for itself, so you can just keep doing it. Versus xq which has set limits. Since bots are rampant and it works on normal difficulty, people are afraid meseta value will plummet. Sega can ban them all they want, they're not going away.

If you guys think that elder farm is going to devalue Meseta it would be wise to switch to an item based farm strategy or buy up cosmetics in anticipation of a price Flux.

@Kamil118 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Probably, after all, I took the idea from some random video that somebody posted on Reddit a day earlier, but I feel responsible for popularizing it.

Except it's been talked about once triggers were mentioned on PSO2 public/private discord servers. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

I think you are the one that is creating an issue where there is none. Neither extreme quests on PD are self-sustainable. To run extreme you need to farm cubes for passes when PD is inherently impossible to run at perpetuity because you will run out of triggers and badges at some point. With a party of 3, you can run boomer 24/7 if you just switch hosts every 2 hours and buy 99 triggers every 6. It's like saying that money is a limiting factor to identifying weapons, ignoring the fact that you can scrap identified 10*s for money.

In opposition, you're actually the one making an issue out of it by misinterpreting when I mentioned issue and end up blowing it out of disproportion. I made no implication that it was a literal issue, just that it had a cost/limiting factor to do it and possible things people can do as a work around for it. I clearly stated they are other methods people can do to run for meseta before and not comparing which is better. You inherently dismissed the fact that I acknowledged in my initial comment it was sustainable if the conditions are met.

So if you can answer my question, is it not true that you're limited to doing the trig as long as you have badges to spend on it? You are required to have meseta initially to even id items in the first place, so is that also not a limiting factor? You give the argument that you can scrap it but that irrelevant to the initial point that a currency is require to even do such actions in the first place, like running trigs or XQ, ID'ing items, etc.

You're reacting negatively entirely to some of the terms/words I used and not actually see the main point of my comment(s) here.

That's not how RDR works in this game. The number of drops is fixed, RDR can increase quality, but not quantity. At best it can turn meseta/trash drops into better items, but PD doesn't have that many drop slots, especially when you consider that like 1/3 of the times you get gonna be 12* instead of 10*. 40 with high rdr? Believable. 50? No. Also, I already ran a combined 500% rdr boost on that (50 daily+50 turkey+50 triboost+250 rdr+100% host triboost). You are also ignoring identification cost of unidentified items, which was 80k for that run. 290k was the total amount of cash I earned from that run after getting rid of all items. Admittedly I didn't include the value of 11 12*s I got tho.

Can you provide the source regarding that it only affects drop quality?

Since the actual process is it increase all the chances on the target's drop table in correlation to the boost you have up. That means the 1% on that specific 12* weapons with 500% makes it 6% chance of dropping. Then RDR rolls the quantity first, runs each drop through the categories (meseta, weapon, unit, disks, etc,) and then rarities, then another roll even more to decide the particular item. If you're anything aware of how loot tables are like in PSO2, every single item has their specific drop value which is why it's often repeated that RNG only increase chances of a 13* dropping but does not guarantee it. meseta and units tends to be favored when RDR is not present, which is why you see those more often if you do no have any RDR up. It's reflective in how people farm meseta in places like XQ Aquatics or even Elders where triboost/meseta boost is only used to increase the value of meseta drop(s). All mobs/bosses have a set base drop that is affected by RDR, there's a soft cap for the quantity that will have diminishing return for RDR, which means it requires more RDR to even make a noticeable difference.

You can even test it yourself: go into a boss content without any RDR, defeat the boss and break crystal and tell me how many items you have dropped. Then put on boosters and gauge the amount of drops you get in total. It increases to both the amount of items you can have dropped and also raises the drop chance of items on the loot table. Also, run something like Elder without RDR, you'll have majority to be meseta in form of drops instead of gears/misc, not to mention it'll be less. Test it on enemies too, see have RDR up and off, see how many drop meseta and how many drop items.

500% RDR isn't actually a lot, it is actually possible to get close to 50 drops if you utilize higher RDR. There's a reason why I stated the range of possible earning you can get. Also, you still haven't clarified how you got rid of the fodders? Was it sold in shop? Or was it taking into account the entire loot you had? As I was referencing the possible10~12* weapon drop is an excube, that is how the possible earning was gauged. This wasn't to include what you could earn by selling but rather the worth of items in cubes. Considering each excube is worth around 12k (because of grinder exchange). So in actuality, what was the entire amount of 10~12* you have?

Also, if you still want to believe that RDR doesn't affect drop quantity, here is the swiki page that explains how the process goes, while it is in Japanese, it can be Google Translated that can still be easily understable: scroll to RDR consumables

I think we are using a different definition of MPA, I was always using it as multi-party alliance, I guess you use it for multi-player alliance or something.

It's always referred in general for any mpa content that isn't 4-man that you're doing as they are contents that enables more than one party hence the mpa tag.

@Blade-Syphon Assuming I've been referring to only JP and asserting I'm only playing JP. I play on both EN/JP, mind you. Not to mention that only minor aspects on EN is different (such as badge exchanges, or players). Everything else should be the same as in JP in core aspects. Just because I still happen to use JP terms to relate to things because I'm more familiar with using those terms offends you doesn't mean I don't play on EN. While I play casually in EN doesn't dismiss anything I've said either.

It's not my fault that you're being incomprehensible towards the things I stated or mentioned and misconstrued the things I say when replying, I call things as I see it. But I'm fine with it since I know you're free to express yourself and entitled to your opinion. Though you should try to

@SeriPSO2 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Probably, after all, I took the idea from some random video that somebody posted on Reddit a day earlier, but I feel responsible for popularizing it.

Except it's been talked about once triggers were mentioned on PSO2 public/private discord servers. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

I think you are the one that is creating an issue where there is none. Neither extreme quests on PD are self-sustainable. To run extreme you need to farm cubes for passes when PD is inherently impossible to run at perpetuity because you will run out of triggers and badges at some point. With a party of 3, you can run boomer 24/7 if you just switch hosts every 2 hours and buy 99 triggers every 6. It's like saying that money is a limiting factor to identifying weapons, ignoring the fact that you can scrap identified 10*s for money.

In opposition, you're actually the one making an issue out of it by misinterpreting when I mentioned issue and end up blowing it out of disproportion. I made no implication that it was a literal issue, just that it had a cost/limiting factor to do it and possible things people can do as a work around for it. I clearly stated they are other methods people can do to run for meseta before and not comparing which is better. You inherently dismissed the fact that I acknowledged in my initial comment it was sustainable if the conditions are met.

So if you can answer my question, is it not true that you're limited to doing the trig as long as you have badges to spend on it? You are required to have meseta initially to even id items in the first place, so is that also not a limiting factor? You give the argument that you can scrap it but that irrelevant to the initial point that a currency is require to even do such actions in the first place, like running trigs or XQ, ID'ing items, etc.

You're reacting negatively entirely to some of the terms/words I used and not actually see the main point of my comment(s) here.

The issue here is that RWB4 badges aren't limiting in the slightest, just like meseta is a non-issue when it comes to identifying items. Both of these are available in abundance to anyone who played the game for 2 hours. I would be honestly surprised if you played the game for more than 10 minutes a day for the last 2 months and didn't have 200 RWB4 badges laying in your storage if you haven't actively thrown them away.

That's not how RDR works in this game. The number of drops is fixed, RDR can increase quality, but not quantity. At best it can turn meseta/trash drops into better items, but PD doesn't have that many drop slots, especially when you consider that like 1/3 of the times you get gonna be 12* instead of 10*. 40 with high rdr? Believable. 50? No. Also, I already ran a combined 500% rdr boost on that (50 daily+50 turkey+50 triboost+250 rdr+100% host triboost). You are also ignoring identification cost of unidentified items, which was 80k for that run. 290k was the total amount of cash I earned from that run after getting rid of all items. Admittedly I didn't include the value of 11 12*s I got tho.

Can you provide the source regarding that it only affects drop quality?

Alright, i admit my mistake here. I was relying on this information https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ドロップ条件まとめ which sources itself to article in famitsu in from august 2012. You can read there that boss enemies always will never fail to not roll meseta as loot. However i now read the whole thing and in クエスト固有ドロップ section, right at the end, it says that XH drops don't follow this rule, as it has additional stage completion drops, so I might have not seen the maximum possible amount of drops.

500% RDR isn't actually a lot, it is actually possible to get close to 50 drops if you utilize higher RDR. There's a reason why I stated the range of possible earning you can get. Also, you still haven't clarified how you got rid of the fodders? Was it sold in shop? Or was it taking into account the entire loot you had? As I was referencing the possible10~12* weapon drop is an excube, that is how the possible earning was gauged. This wasn't to include what you could earn by selling but rather the worth of items in cubes. Considering each excube is worth around 12k (because of grinder exchange). So in actuality, what was the entire amount of 10~12* you have?

Yeah, 500% rdr isn't a lot, but that's what most f2p can afford outside pso2 day. All else I can think of is 10% RDR from the alliance tree and using 100% triboost instead of 50%, but at the same time you don't have free 50% ex triboost from turkey avialable all the time, so... 510% rdr is what you can get as f2p most of the time. 610% during pso2 day. So, back to how I did my run:

Before starting the run I emptied my inventory from all items that weren't consumables and all meseta. In total, i picked up around 60k meseta from the ground, all unidentifed items and all 10* or higher items. After identification I had 26 10* weapons and 11 12* ones. I converted the 10*\ ones into grinders and sold them, and 12* ones into lambda grinders. In the end, I had Hero crest, 290k meseta, 3 lambda grinders and 2 12* weapons outside the stuff I started the quest with.

Also, if you still want to believe that RDR doesn't affect drop quantity, here is the swiki page that explains how the process goes, while it is in Japanese, it can be Google Translated that can still be easily understable: scroll to RDR consumables

I think you gave me the wrong link since all the page you linked is about buff stacking and say nothing about how rdr actually works.

I think we are using a different definition of MPA, I was always using it as multi-party alliance, I guess you use it for multi-player alliance or something.

It's always referred in general for any mpa content that isn't 4-man that you're doing as they are contents that enables more than one party hence the mpa tag.

By that definition, if i try to solo a 12-man raid, is it still MPA? If so, then I believe calling this MPA is utterly pointless and doesn't represent a single aspect of the issue. When I refer to MPA I imply that more than 4 people participate in a given quest, not that more than 4 people can participate in it. When I use MPA I refer to a group of more than one party, not the property of the quest. Given quest might be MPA quest, but if I run it solo, I wouldn't say that I run MPA. When I run Elder I invite 3 of my friends to the party and lock the room so no other parties can join without a password.

Well it's been shut down.

I'm assuming the badges being returned isn't intended. That's really the whole issue in my eyes -- you can infinitely farm this with a party of 4 and that's kinda not ok.

I can't even... really they suspended the quest and are going to "fix" it over this? It's really not that hard to get that much meseta in the same amount of time other ways.

Welp, it'll be back to Extreme quests then for me. Sheesh.

So in my eyes here were the issues to be more clear:

1. It infinitely sustained with a party. You got 3 badges back while spending 8 badges on the trigger. This means basically no resources spent other than boosters.

2. It's raw meseta, not items. This leads to inevitable inflation. Ship 2 already had this happen -- Recycle Badges went from 400k to 610k in 24 hours. With no affix week announced, no news, nothing that would have made people want to stock up.

3. This is so fast and easy that this could have easily been botted and automated. And when this is able to go infinite with no resources lost, no complications with marketing, nothing like that... and there's an event going that makes it easy to get your first few badges? It's concerning to say the least.

@coldreactive said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@Theuberclips said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Well it's been shut down.

For those wondering: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1328909794451755013

Good. SEGA actually acted fast in a problem of the game. Besides your better off just farming the cubes and mats from PD for Mesa.

@SeriPSO2 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?: The issue here is that RWB4 badges aren't limiting in the slightest, just like meseta is a non-issue when it comes to identifying items. Both of these are available in abundance to anyone who played the game for 2 hours. I would be honestly surprised if you played the game for more than 10 minutes a day for the last 2 months and didn't have 200 RWB4 badges laying in your storage if you haven't actively thrown them away.

You’re apparently not understanding or comprehending when I refer to something having its limiting factor. I’m referring to the notion in which something or an an activity has a constraint that can limit or restrict accessibility.

So in this case, limiting factors are the currencies used for specific things, passes for XQ, and badges for trigs. You’re too caught up in a single word that again, you miss the point. Though like said before, just because they have a limiting factor does not mean there isn’t a way the devs have absolutely limiting it as they provided ways players can do to offset it.

So the idea to bring up badge 4 and how they so far has handed those out is irrelevant to what I’m even talking about, as this is a reference to a concept. As it doesn’t disprove the notion that these trigs are still require badges to even do them (unless you leech).

Alright, i admit my mistake here. I was relying on this information https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ドロップ条件まとめ which sources itself to article in famitsu in from august 2012. You can read there that boss enemies always will never fail to not roll meseta as loot. However i now read the whole thing and in クエスト固有ドロップ section, right at the end, it says that XH drops don't follow this rule, as it has additional stage completion drops, so I might have not seen the maximum possible amount of drops.

Meseta will be rolled nonetheless depending on the content as not all XH quests have the same rates on their loot tables and this will be more apparent in future release, XH just has lesser chance of raw meseta and favor more towards units, weapon, or capsules/misc, but it’s not to say that you won’t get raw meseta drops but it becomes a rare instance rather than a common one.

Yeah, 500% rdr isn't a lot, but that's what most f2p can afford outside pso2 day. All else I can think of is 10% RDR from the alliance tree and using 100% triboost instead of 50%, but at the same time you don't have free 50% ex triboost from turkey avialable all the time, so... 510% rdr is what you can get as f2p most of the time. 610% during pso2 day. So, back to how I did my run:

Before starting the run I emptied my inventory from all items that weren't consumables and all meseta. In total, i picked up around 60k meseta from the ground, all unidentifed items and all 10* or higher items. After identification I had 26 10* weapons and 11 12* ones. I converted the 10*\ ones into grinders and sold them, and 12* ones into lambda grinders. In the end, I had Hero crest, 290k meseta, 3 lambda grinders and 2 12* weapons outside the stuff I started the quest with.

Well, that pretty much explains it. Considering that you’ve dropped more 40 counts, though unluckily only were able to procured 26 actual cubes from the 10s due to double rolling more 12. But you’ve literally had over 40+ drops with all that boosts up because of the meseta value you listed since it’s still dropped in small value but in more quantities.

I think you gave me the wrong link since all the page you linked is about buff stacking and say nothing about how rdr actually works.

Because you’re not reading the subtext in red for the rare drop description in the item sections and only reading on boost mechanics.

B673D14B-B59E-4E95-8AC4-52E5FFD68CFF.jpeg

Though, again, if you’re still incline to believe otherwise, do the test I explained previously, run with and without boosts to see it for yourself.

By that definition, if i try to solo a 12-man raid, is it still MPA? If so, then I believe calling this MPA is utterly pointless and doesn't represent a single aspect of the issue. When I refer to MPA I imply that more than 4 people participate in a given quest, not that more than 4 people can participate in it. When I use MPA I refer to a group of more than one party, not the property of the quest. Given quest might be MPA quest, but if I run it solo, I wouldn't say that I run MPA. When I run Elder I invite 3 of my friends to the party and lock the room so no other parties can join without a password.

I’m not exactly understanding what you’re getting at here. Soloing is solo whether it be in mpa content, 4-man, or solo content. I mean, you aren’t even running trains at that point since it’s just you, which would male it soloing an mpa content. So I’m confused as to why you up try to make a point out of it. I mean, if you’re running party in a mpa train even with a single party it’s still considering running a mpa train because of the capacity of players the quest holds, whether it be 8 or 12 man trigger/content.

Though you’re free to refer to such in whatever manner since it’s more or less that it doesn’t affect me in anyway.

@getrekt said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

since they add old triggers to rising weapon badge people have found out they can spam elder normal for upwards of 200k meseta per minute... for basicaly free

not only that but people are botting so its inflating the market and will keep doing it. whens the nerf sega?

Do us all a favor, If you do not have anyhting to back this up just a merely on somthing that you dont like, You may just have ruined it for everyone, The drop rates have taken a hit all becasue of you -

Please just shut you Pie hole!

Flagged for moderation as this quest has been disabled and currently being fixed according to PSO2 Twitter. the discussion has become irrelevant at this time