broken meseta farming nerf when?

since they add old triggers to rising weapon badge people have found out they can spam elder normal for upwards of 200k meseta per minute... for basicaly free

not only that but people are botting so its inflating the market and will keep doing it. whens the nerf sega?

Never. They'd have to ban the people that abused it, which is probably most of the playerbase already. It's also technically beneficial for sega. If meseta isn't worth anything, then people will be forced to swipe because whales don't need player money anymore. Duping will become irrelevant because they also don't have use for the meseta.

excube farm is a normal thing in JP, you can make 230-300 excube in less than 15 minutes, that the normal way for non-cash players to make meseta

Elder on Normal gives 200k now? I remember getting like 60k from VH back when. That's quite an upgrade. Or does the trigger version remove the 30-second countdown and allow you to fight three in a minute?

its a perfectly fine method, however people do bot ANYWAY, its just one of those things.

i for one blew through 25 triggers yesetrdy for meseta and i intend on doing more today PMSL you play the game you get the loot.

trigger still has 30 second count down, so you cant cheese the timer.

@Miraglyth said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Elder on Normal gives 200k now? I remember getting like 60k from VH back when. That's quite an upgrade. Or does the trigger version remove the 30-second countdown and allow you to fight three in a minute?

It doesnt give 200k. getrekt is exaggerating. With a total of 280% meseta boost + guts drink with meseta boost I get an average of 120k per try. You still need to sit through the countdown. It's a good money maker specially for solo players but it's like 120k every 1.5 minutes.

There’s been numerous methods even before triggers were added to badge shop that people can do with the only real constraint being time,

Such as new players could grind in AQ and get both xp and photon boosters which could be npc’d for a significant amount.

There’s even XQ ruin/aquatics stage 41-45 people can run constantly (since xq passes are also tradable via excubes and handed out daily) for +100k a run with boosts.

While elder offers a faster way to get raw meseta drop, it’s constricted by the amount of badges you have on hand. So you can only run it as long as you have the badges to afford them.

Like Cloud mentioned, excubes conversion has always been a method used for meseta gain (12k per cube).

Even without something like elder, just look at PD solo trig which you cannrun for about 40~50 cubes which is around 480~600k in meseta value + the meseta from clear.

Elder seems good for raw meseta but you get more meseta value investing in other triggers for their drops as running something like Loser XH actually offers more for you generally than running elder. Since elder is kore for quick cash and not efficiency.

Sounds really fucking boring and something a Chinese gold farmer would spend their day doing. 😪

The 'fight' would be over in seconds. You'll spend more time standing in the transporter and looking at loading screens.

@SeriPSO2 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

While elder offers a faster way to get raw meseta drop, it’s constricted by the amount of badges you have on hand. So you can only run it as long as you have the badges to afford them.

Actually this isn't true, as Elder runs, providing you have a party of 3 at least, gives the Rising Weapon Badge 1s back, as Elder drops 3 of them each run.

In other words, it doesn't cost any resources.

@Matt yes, if you have that condition met to recuperate the cost of the trigger but does not counter my point that constriction is still tied to how many badges you have to spare.

Just like how I explained that XQ aquatics could be run but the xtreme pass is still a constraint to run it as a method for meseta farming, while it can be counteracted by exchanging for passes.

Yes, running mpa train would most definitely result in a positive increase in badge amount, but what you’re explaining is a work around to counter the problem. It doesn’t invalidate that the initial point where the currency (which is the badges) is still the limiting factor.

So, I'm the one who unleashed this curse upon us. I can't say I don't have any regrets about sharing this method but it's too late for second thoughts. I don't know if it would feel right if I kept it a secret and just farmed it with guildmates in secret anyway.

So 200k per run... This ain't happening unless you whale on 200% triboost EX.

Most people will be able to pull off 120-150k per run, It seems that 50% triboost boosts turns out to be around 10k increase in drops per run from what i've seen from other people's results.

There’s even XQ ruin/aquatics stage 41-45 people can run constantly (since xq passes are also tradable via excubes and handed out daily) for +100k a run with boosts.

Well, it costs 6 ex cubes for ticket, so you need to take away 60k per person every run if you really want to go ham on it. Altho I think it gives a lot more than 100k per run.

No, it's not. Elder drops RWB1 badges, which allow you to run it infinitely many times as long as you do it in a group and switch hosts.

Like Cloud mentioned, excubes conversion has always been a method used for meseta gain (12k per cube).

Even without something like elder, just look at PD solo trig which you cannrun for about 40~50 cubes which is around 480~600k in meseta value + the meseta from clear.

PD doesn't even have 50 drop slots, more reasonable amount of cubes is ~30 per run, which after identifiaction costs gives you ~300k per run. If you can kill solo PD in ~3 minutes, then sure, it is better meseta farm, but I don't think most players can do that. I even just did it to check how much I would get. Running 50% triboost, turkey and 250% droprate buff I got 26 cubes, and after selling everything I was left with 290k meseta.

It definitely is boring as hell to bully boomer.

Yes, running mpa train would most definitely result in a positive increase in badge amount, but what you’re explaining is a work around to counter the problem. It doesn’t invalidate that the initial point where the currency (which is the badges) is still the limiting factor.

You don't need to run MPA train, 3-man party is enough to make it sustanable.

@Kamil118 I don't exactly think you're the pioneer here with the elder method.

Also, I'll just say what I replied earlier, you're providing a solution to the issue. It doesn't take away that you're still needing badges for trigger just because you're running MPA trains that results in surplus of badges. Hence, the limiting factor is still there. Such goes with any content that has its specific currency to run, be it trigs, XQ, etc,

PD doesn't even have 50 drop slots, more reasonable amount of cubes is ~30 per run, which after identifiaction costs gives you ~300k per run. If you can kill solo PD in ~3 minutes, then sure, it is better meseta farm, but I don't think most players can do that. I even just did it to check how much I would get. Running 50% triboost, turkey and 250% droprate buff I got 26 cubes, and after selling everything I was left with 290k meseta.

I made no implication nor claimed it's a better meseta farming method, just an option that exist for meseta farming because you can liquidate the cubes.

PD has a base drop count of around 15~20 counts or so, with 250% rdr + 50% tri that will result in more. You'll eventually amount to close to 40 average cubes with higher RDR but the amount will fluctuate as it is still RNG based. So you running once to get 26 cube was entirely RNG based and to clarify, is that 290k from the net value of both the cubes/drops in total or something else such as items put up for sale,etc. As 26 cubes is around ~312k worth of meseta.

That's still consider a mpa train nonetheless as it is a mpa content in addition that it's not one person being the host/provider we're talking about here, it's 2 others (or possibly more) plus yourself to alleviate the cost of a single trig.

@Kamil118 I don't exactly think you're the pioneer here with the elder method.

Probably, after all, I took the idea from some random video that somebody posted on Reddit a day earlier, but I feel responsible for popularizing it.

Also, I'll just say what I replied earlier, you're providing a solution to the issue. It doesn't take away that you're still needing badges for trigger just because you're running MPA trains that results in surplus of badges. Hence, the limiting factor is still there. Such goes with any content that has its specific currency to run, be it trigs, XQ, etc,

I think you are the one that is creating an issue where there is none. Neither extreme quests on PD are self-sustainable. To run extreme you need to farm cubes for passes when PD is inherently impossible to run at perpetuity because you will run out of triggers and badges at some point. With a party of 3, you can run boomer 24/7 if you just switch hosts every 2 hours and buy 99 triggers every 6. It's like saying that money is a limiting factor to identifying weapons, ignoring the fact that you can scrap identified 10*s for money.

PD doesn't even have 50 drop slots, more reasonable amount of cubes is ~30 per run, which after identification costs gives you ~300k per run. If you can kill solo PD in ~3 minutes, then sure, it is better meseta farm, but I don't think most players can do that. I even just did it to check how much I would get. Running 50% triboost, turkey and 250% droprate buff I got 26 cubes, and after selling everything I was left with 290k meseta.

I made no implication nor claimed it's a better meseta farming method, just an option that exist for meseta farming because you can liquidate the cubes.

PD has a base drop count of around 15~20 counts or so, with 250% rdr + 50% tri that will result in more. You'll eventually amount to close to 40 average cubes with higher RDR but the amount will fluctuate as it is still RNG based. So you running once to get 26 cube was entirely RNG based and to clarify, is that 290k from the net value of both the cubes/drops in total or something else such as items put up for sale,etc. As 26 cubes is around ~312k worth of meseta.

That's not how RDR works in this game. The number of drops is fixed, RDR can increase quality, but not quantity. At best it can turn meseta/trash drops into better items, but PD doesn't have that many drop slots, especially when you consider that like 1/3 of the times you get gonna be 12* instead of 10*. 40 with high rdr? Believable. 50? No. Also, I already ran a combined 500% rdr boost on that (50 daily+50 turkey+50 triboost+250 rdr+100% host triboost). You are also ignoring identification cost of unidentified items, which was 80k for that run. 290k was the total amount of cash I earned from that run after getting rid of all items. Admittedly I didn't include the value of 11 12*s I got tho.

That's still consider a mpa train nonetheless as it is a mpa content in addition that it's not one person being the host/provider we're talking about here, it's 2 others (or possibly more) plus yourself to alleviate the cost of a single trig.

I think we are using a different definition of MPA, I was always using it as multi-party alliance, I guess you use it for multi-player alliance or something.

This is nothing new honestly since in the Japanese server it has the solo PD trigger available all the time for a small fee of badges which nets between 20-50 Excubes with the low bound being without boosters and the higher bound being 250% RDR, 100% Tri, 100% EX Tri and PSO2 day. I am afraid this will not be nerfed since the intent behind it is to help us choose the UQs out of rotation at any point we need them and to help with the endgame since the Excube farm is really painful later on with new weapons constantly requiring them or needing to rely on RNGesus to give you the weapon you want. Once again this is never going to change since it is needed down the line and now.

Myself and the other half have been doing this for money. There are still cutscenes and countdowns. Using 50% triboosts and a level 8 Alliance Meseta boosts gets us about 90k - 110k a run. So 10 runs just to make 1 mil. I can confirm after running this many times over our drops other than Meseta have been trash we wouldn't look twice at. I hope they don't nerf this as it's a decent way to make money. If people are botting it though then ban the bots or punish the accounts responsible. No reason honest players should lose out.