So is there any more fighting after beating Episode 5's Final Boss or is the Urgent Quest the only thing we need to wait for to complete that Episode?

I don't really level up my real class unless I'm doing this while playing through the game's stories or completing entirely new Quests and Ally Client Orders I haven't done yet. Since it was pretty obvious to me that what happens in the end is a preview of Episode 6's villain, but it seems to be happening before the last Urgent Quest for this Episode comes out. Even though they're not allowing you to do them anymore since Episode 4, I was wondering if there are still more battles to be had in there or is that it for Episode 5. After the last Urgent Quest drops will that really be it for the battles of Episode 5, I really need to know for my own arbitrary way of playing this game, because it looks like I'll be at 89 until 5 ends properly.

Yes, you need to wait. That's it. We had the same lull in content a few weeks back too, and several weeks before that, and several weeks before that. It's a common thing even for AAA MMOs that are pay to play.

While you are waiting for the rest of story mode, you can work on levels, skills, and equipment, it what I'm doing since I'm at the same point.

@coldreactive said in So is there any more fighting after beating Episode 5's Final Boss or is the Urgent Quest the only thing we need to wait for to complete that Episode?:

Yes, you need to wait. That's it. We had the same lull in content a few weeks back too, and several weeks before that, and several weeks before that. It's a common thing even for AAA MMOs that are pay to play.

I'm just wondering, that after the Urgent Quest, that this is the last of Episode 5 in general and technically Episode 5 is done. I just want to know if there isn't any other story quest like the Corrupted Lillipa area or the Chrome Dragon Quest that happens after the Episode, and I hope the Hero Class Quest is what serves as those "post-game" quests. Basically is Episode 5 done now?

@LazerRay said in So is there any more fighting after beating Episode 5's Final Boss or is the Urgent Quest the only thing we need to wait for to complete that Episode?:

While you are waiting for the rest of story mode, you can work on levels, skills, and equipment, it what I'm doing since I'm at the same point.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, but avoiding leveling up Hero to Maximum because of where I am in the story. If Episode 5 is done, then I'll max it out. It's as simple as that.

Episode 5 was done in Chapter 6. What just came out is part of the substory bridging the gap between Episodes 5 and 6 in the same way the Dark Falz [Apprentice] arc originally bridged Episodes 2 and 3 and ended up serving as a semi-post story adventure for Episode 3.

Without spoiling too much Episode 6 starts with a time-skip where in the Japanese version of the game we had to wait about a half-year for the story to resume and the game's story took that into account so the characters showing up treated it as though they had not seen each other in some time.

In terms of story content there really is "no more" story for Episode 5 other than what continues in Episode 6 and in terms of content we had Extra Hard Free Field Explorations and collaborations that happened during this time in the Japanese version that we likely will not see in the global version. On the Japanese end the Free Field Explorations were renewed with newly-made "Extra Hard" difficulty options similar to Enchanted Forest Exploration/Bewitched Woods Exploration and the signature monster appearing in these was Elzelion from Monster Hunter Frontier Z. Defeating them gave a chance to drop the trigger to fight Elzelion in their arena (which is a recreation of the one from Monster Hunter Frontier Z) where you fight the boss in a Monster Hunter-fashion (break its tail, kill the boss, loot its body, and so on). Beyond that you had dimensional portals that would show up that lead you to a parallel world or sometimes they would cross to fight you - but Odin from Final Fantasy XIV was also a boss who provided a unique encounter and challenge to players who would encounter them.

@coldreactive said in So is there any more fighting after beating Episode 5's Final Boss or is the Urgent Quest the only thing we need to wait for to complete that Episode?:

@Guilrel said in So is there any more fighting after beating Episode 5's Final Boss or is the Urgent Quest the only thing we need to wait for to complete that Episode?:

Basically is Episode 5 done now?

Episode 5 was done as soon as Shiva became a thing.

Just wanted to make sure there's no extra quest that happens after her like with Profound Darkness. It was pretty obvious to me that she was meant to preview Episode 6, but because the Urgent Masq fight gave me pause to the rest of the content.

@VanillaLucia said in So is there any more fighting after beating Episode 5's Final Boss or is the Urgent Quest the only thing we need to wait for to complete that Episode?:

Episode 5 was done in Chapter 6. What just came out is part of the substory bridging the gap between Episodes 5 and 6 in the same way the Dark Falz [Apprentice] arc originally bridged Episodes 2 and 3 and ended up serving as a semi-post story adventure for Episode 3.

Without spoiling too much Episode 6 starts with a time-skip where in the Japanese version of the game we had to wait about a half-year for the story to resume and the game's story took that into account so the characters showing up treated it as though they had not seen each other in some time.

In terms of story content there really is "no more" story for Episode 5 other than what continues in Episode 6 and in terms of content we had Extra Hard Free Field Explorations and collaborations that happened during this time in the Japanese version that we likely will not see in the global version. On the Japanese end the Free Field Explorations were renewed with newly-made "Extra Hard" difficulty options similar to Enchanted Forest Exploration/Bewitched Woods Exploration and the signature monster appearing in these was Elzelion from Monster Hunter Frontier Z. Defeating them gave a chance to drop the trigger to fight Elzelion in their arena (which is a recreation of the one from Monster Hunter Frontier Z) where you fight the boss in a Monster Hunter-fashion (break its tail, kill the boss, loot its body, and so on). Beyond that you had dimensional portals that would show up that lead you to a parallel world or sometimes they would cross to fight you - but Odin from Final Fantasy XIV was also a boss who provided a unique encounter and challenge to players who would encounter them.

Thanks for clearing that up everyone, now I can max out Hero and get the Ex-Cubes with no regrets. Shame that we probably won't get those extra collab fights, funny enough, with FFXIV having a free login period during Thanksgiving weekend, it would've been the perfect chance to have that fight. But thanks for clarifying for sure that Episode 5 is really finish.