I completed episode 5 content(story) but no luck getting those 200 rising weapons badge 4 and phobos set how to get those items please

In story episode 5 mission list how? to get them

Arks missions.

The Halloween badges can be traded for rwb4. What is the phobos set?

@Scerms77 said in I completed episode 5 content(story) but no luck getting those 200 rising weapons badge 4 and phobos set how to get those items please:

The Halloween badges can be traded for rwb4. What is the phobos set?

It's an armor set that's better than cleases +10 in raw defense when it is also +10. (It has slightly lower resistance however) You can get it from the Story Quest ARKS Missions that were just added in the last patch.

@Scerms77 Phobos is a unit set rewarded by the Main Mission for completing the current story content, 12*w/Alles de Soul and 4 other basic affixes. It is stronger (has higher def stats) than Stella Wall and the Units that can be upgraded at Zig (the un-upgraded version anyway).

I'd say Phobos should now be the bare minimum unit set that people must have to run public XH content and to run around XH witch forest. Stella can be used for leveling alts if you don't have better than Phobos on your main already. And if you do, now you have two great alt farming sets. I assume EP6 will toss something slightly better as well, raising the bar further. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

You can still use cleasis +10 is you already have it, since it has higher damage resistance, but otherwise phobos should be used on any characters that doesn't have that yet. Cleasis still has an upgrade coming anyway.

@coldreactive Yeah. Phobos is jus a hold out for those who haven't done any proper unit upgrades, or like me, who had such bad luck with affixing that they shied away from the whole thing. Then again, now we have aug transfer so in the end it's a case of getting something good from another unit and just slap it on the better unit. Still, back to phobos, I'm referring mostly to those players out there I still see running around with Negative Photon and the flame and electric units, or whatever drops from Tokyo gold keys.

Phobos is a decent placeholder for its time but with EP5 already having access to other unit sets, it's easily replaceable. Rays are still better than Phobos due to the PP it gives. Between a Ray vs Phobos, you have +27 PP, with -90 HP and -45 atk, which is a balanced tradeoff.

You start valuing PP more as you get further into contents because of gears. While it's not to say you can't use Phobos, there's just better alternatives to put in as filler due to what Phobos provides as a set for newbies, not to mention the method to obtain the set in the first place takes time. Though you can always mix and match units.

@SeriPSO2 said in I completed episode 5 content(story) but no luck getting those 200 rising weapons badge 4 and phobos set how to get those items please:

Phobos is a decent placeholder for its time but with EP5 already having access to other unit sets, it's easily replaceable. Rays are still better than Phobos due to the PP it gives. Between a Ray vs Phobos, you have +27 PP, with -90 HP and -45 atk, which is a balanced tradeoff.

Worth noting though that if you're talking placeholder you're probably talking RWB2 Ray/Union vs Main Mission Phobos. In which case the set difference switching from Union to Phobos is +150 HP (225 if still Ray), -18 PP, +225 all Pwr, +120 all Def, +3-9% resistances (9 if still Ray) which might tip the scales for some people. Or at least make it viable for them to switch one for a balance as neither give set bonuses.

@Miraglyth I'm only referring to base stats when comparing, you usually don't compared the affixes together when comparing units because affixes can be changed to the same as each others. But usually, you can end up with better set up than the default ones, even if you're new because of you can finetune the stats.

Which is why I listed the comparison for Ray vs Phobos' base stats as an example.

Another thing is that Def/res isn't usually a comparison point because the Def has in current content is marginal difference and how much more valuable HP/PP/Atk is compared to it. It's not to say def isn't good to have nor implied that it is a stat people can ignore, but it is a stat eventually comes with each better set you're upgrading to. Such as going from Ray to Ivleda or even to Trailblazer.

Def only starts to have more value once UH contents comes (or if you run Endless) due to enemies and mechanics and also the potential stats a player can have from having even more affixes to choose from.

@SeriPSO2 said in I completed episode 5 content(story) but no luck getting those 200 rising weapons badge 4 and phobos set how to get those items please:

you usually don't compared the affixes together when comparing units because affixes can be changed to the same as each others.

Usually no, but in the case of no-effort placeholders it seems a useful comparison. I don't think anyone would want to spend 75 augment transfer passes moving augments from the Phobos units over to the Ray/Union exchange ones (or more likely the Ivlida/Cleasis ones).

@SeriPSO2 said in I completed episode 5 content(story) but no luck getting those 200 rising weapons badge 4 and phobos set how to get those items please: But usually, you can end up with better set up than the default ones, even if you're new because of you can finetune the stats.

I'll be honest, I don't think new people think this at all. There've been way too many topics and Discord discussions about the difficulty of entry-level augmentation for that, and last I checked it'd cost several million just to make one unit compare to an Ivlida exchange, which considering the ever-rising augment provision from exchange and now free units must increasingly feel like it'd be a waste of resources if it ends up getting overtaken.

This is something I'd been thinking about since the Ivlida exchange was added, and more now with these Phobos units. It's making it feel like unless you spend the 200+ million some people talk about spending on a single unit to make something brilliant you may as well not bother with augmentation at all. I've been wondering if maybe instead of handing out mid-tier units directly it would have felt more satisfying to get players invested in the process by setting up cheap entry-level augmentation routes.

Another thing is that Def/res isn't usually a comparison point because the Def has in current content is marginal difference and how much more valuable HP/PP/Atk is compared to it.

Agreed, I just wanted to nix any thoughts of "But what if..." from leaving that part of the comparison out.

@Miraglyth I made no implication about augment pass as that is intended for when players have access to endgame builds. With what we have right now on Global, it's not worth spending any pass to transfer builds because affix builds themselves are limited.

I'm also not saying what new people think but rather what they could do, since not all new players approach gearing in the same manner and is dependent on the individual(s). With 12* units being tradable, it makes Phobos less of a choice for a new player as they could jump straight to Ilveda sets and prep for Cleasis and Schvelle set.

And it doesn't cost very much to even make a budget build that's optimal for use. There really isn't a reason to debate what makes an entry-level affix because builds are based on the market and how accessible those affixes are for the average player that also is cheap and efficient. While there are factors such as luck when it comes to ideal set up, it shouldn't be expensive as you'd think.

With the prices of affixes right on the market, you can make on with a few million in total for a unit.

A budget build can consists of: Alles/Tir/Magia/Acto di Soul + Reverie + Stat IV + Fever which easily outdoes the default set Phobos have, and also a build set up like this is what was the go-to for players up until EP6 where you get more options but the set up rarely changes at all.

This is something I'd been thinking about since the Ivlida exchange was added, and more now with these Phobos units. It's making it feel like unless you spend the 200+ million some people talk about spending on a single unit to make something brilliant you may as well not bother with augmentation at all. I've been wondering if maybe instead of handing out mid-tier units directly it would have felt more satisfying to get players invested in the process by setting up cheap entry-level augmentation routes.

This is a common misconception people tend to have because all that's shared are expensive high-end builds that very few people actually make or do. Which only gives people the misconception that you have to spend a lot for a unit, but you don't need to spend that much. What these people do is spending extra meseta to min-max their stats with those affixes. But current EP5 content and even when EP6 comes, you can do fine just making a budget build as the lowest denominator.

The factor that determines entry builds is based on player stats during that time and also what affixes are easily accessible. Right now, people are only nearing towards 5k or getting a bit over 5k atk (tree + buffs, etc).

And it doesn't cost very much to even make a budget build that's optimal for use. There really isn't a reason to debate what makes an entry-level affix [snip] you can make on with a few million in total for a unit.

There really isn't a reason to debate what makes entry-level cost either. "a few million in total for a unit" means newer and less resourced players could slum it with the pre-affixed Phobos set that's completely free and spend three times "a few million" on that emote they wanted which unlike the obsolescence caused by an accelerated power creep will remain useful to them. (And this is before considering NGS).

"A few million" for a budget that'll get power-crept to worthless within weeks is too much IMO, and I've been playing a while. New players seeing that would surely turn and run! Acto + Elder Rev + Might IV + ARKS Fever on a Cleasis is only 40 MEL Pwr more than that Phobos set gives. Arguably the bigger benefit of that combination would be that it gives 9 PP more per unit. But for a few million for that? I'll take an emote, thanks.

It's making it feel like unless you spend the 200+ million some people talk about spending on a single unit to make something brilliant you may as well not bother with augmentation at all. I've been wondering if maybe instead of handing out mid-tier units directly it would have felt more satisfying to get players invested in the process by setting up cheap entry-level augmentation routes.

This is a common misconception people tend to have because all that's shared are expensive high-end builds that very few people actually make or do. Which only gives people the misconception that you have to spend a lot for a unit, but you don't need to spend that much.

This kind of feeds my point though. It's "a common misconception" because the game is doing next to nothing to either introduce or engage players with augmentation. It's a process that's designed for players to spend years getting into it and maybe farm materials themselves, I can't blame new players for being daunted when the only worthwhile entry-level costs millions.

This is why the exchanges and now freebies have given me these thoughts. The game is now actively discouraging entry-level augmentation by giving players better equipment than they'll be able to make for an entry-level fee. If there was a way to get players augment a +70 one-Pwr +7 PP augment set themselves for 50k or less it would at least teach them the process.

I think that could be the issue though, from the PSO2 team's perspective. There isn't a way to do that. They can't just give players premade augmentation fodder and a mission to use them in a specific augmentation because they might sell or discard them and make that mission impossible to complete. The affix process might also fail, which they can't circumvent with premade augment factors because that would undermine enhancement scratches and such. This kind of introduction would need a tutorial structure it's not worth the time to develop.

Meanwhile since Episode 6 content is apparently a vast step up in difficulty, they can't just do nothing either as this would leave a probable majority of players disgustingly under-equipped, hence the concentrated effort on both giving players weapon upgrade routes and encouraging them to start on them since before Episode 5 began. So I guess handing players entry-mid level 12★ units is a necessary evil, and choosing a unit that has a worthwhile drawback (less PP) balances that out a bit.