And once again , Duping is rampant

Capture1.PNG capture2.PNG

So duping accessories to feed the RMT has still not been fixed. This is currently the case on ship 4 with the.. highly ..lucrative accessory added in the latest scratch.

Once again the most valuable scratch item has been duped and dumped on the market by an unknown player.

Another week of no shop incoming?

Since it's the same person, outta curiosity what does their actual shop look like if you click through to it? Not saying I don't think this is duping, just that other times I saw duping a while back they'd always have mass amounts of like 10x different items from the same scratch, so it'd be interesting to see.

Guess I'll use that famous phrase...

"Aw shit here we go again."

It’s also possible the items in question are obtained via stolen credit data and then whaling ac scratch’s, either way it’s a never ending battle with rmters and hax.

On the other hand, I don't see a too ridiculous amount of items in those pics. Biggest is 21, which could be attributed to a mega whale spending $1K on a single scratch, which is, sadly, well within modern whale standards. I've spoken with people in other games who have claimed spending upwards to $10k on a single game. That's addiction tier whaling there, and while we shouldn't take everything we are told for granted, it's quite possible to see people putting that amount of cash in a game. The stolen CC method is also possible. Be it a criminal act or some kid using his dad's CC.

Thing is, while the usual go-to culprit in this game can be duping and hacking, we can't dismiss any other methods either, unless you see someone selling like 500 of a single scratch item.

Ah yes, the old good PN-kun ruining the market for actual AC purchasers.

@ZorokiHanuke said in And once again , Duping is rampant:

On the other hand, I don't see a too ridiculous amount of items in those pics. Biggest is 21, which could be attributed to a mega whale spending $1K on a single scratch, which is, sadly, well within modern whale standards. I've spoken with people in other games who have claimed spending upwards to $10k on a single game. That's addiction tier whaling there, and while we shouldn't take everything we are told for granted, it's quite possible to see people putting that amount of cash in a game. The stolen CC method is also possible. Be it a criminal act or some kid using his dad's CC.

Thing is, while the usual go-to culprit in this game can be duping and hacking, we can't dismiss any other methods either, unless you see someone selling like 500 of a single scratch item.

A mega whale would have at least PN edited to a name. So i am 99% sure this is rmt/CC scammer.

@Scerms77 PN or edited name, does not really change my view of it. I just don't want to jump into the favorite conclusion unless there are even more pieces of proof pointing to it. I'm not ruling out RMT either. Just that it's not my go to culprit as of now.

If it's just one person and 10-20 of something it could also be a hoarder who had the capital to buy out all the sub-25m ones so they could relist them for profit.

It's not likely if that person has 40+ of other items, but these screenshots are pretty small scale compared to the kind of activity we were seeing before.

(Speaking of which, does this fall under naming and shamimg?)

@Miraglyth More like p-naming and no shaming, since a pn makes it really hard, if not impossible to attribute that account to any Internet persona, unless they posted that pn next to their online identity everywhere.

I’m not on the duping fence yet. They’re not selling that many and it’s easy to obtain. I’ve stopped buying scratch but I’ve hoarded hot ticket items before and sold them all at once. My question is why sell them all when the market is cheap for them right now? There was a period on ship 4 when the market was all bought up and the cheapest was 40m, why not then?

I wouldn’t buy from that shop just to be safe but I’m 50/50 on it being illegal means.

Name doesn’t bother me, maybe they like being anonymous. I’ve noticed since I changed to a real screen name people blow up my character page asking for steep discounts, maybe because it’s easier to type?

There's a PN on ship 1 with around 30 of both kinds of balloon tits, dance 40, box emote and 999 recycle badges.

I'm sure it's totally legit though.

Edit: After posting this the 999 recycle badges were removed. Hmm...

@Milk said in And once again , Duping is rampant:

My question is why sell them all when the market is cheap for them right now? There was a period on ship 4 when the market was all bought up and the cheapest was 40m, why not then?

Because some people really want Meesta now and they'd rather not wait even if the profits were bigger.

I would have to see a full shop list before I believed that having 30 of an AC item was duping.

@NotWhoUThink

I can see that to an extent but the market was crazy for these things, highs and lows within the same hour. It wasn’t like normal scratch hot items where it could take days for the market to spike. It just seems odd.