Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?

@MarshalTobias32 said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

Hero? Bad? Naaaa....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rGj6Ri4kKM8&t=210s

I need to explain this again for people here. It isn't just having Leaping Dodge that allows you to dodge that big attack the enemy does. But you also have to use a normal jump right after. In order to dodge the big roomwide attacks, you need to use a fully charged Hero Sword attack and shoot it at the exact moment the enemy uses their attack to get the guard frame to proc. (This is the 200+k damage attack they do in the air.)

It's not for the weak of heart or people like me who have bad timing skills. I'll probably have to wait until Etoile/Superstar, which has even MORE survivability thanks to Damage Balancer.

@coldreactive said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

@MarshalTobias32 said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

Hero? Bad? Naaaa....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rGj6Ri4kKM8&t=210s

I need to explain this again for people here. It isn't just having Leaping Dodge that allows you to dodge that big attack the enemy does. But you also have to use a normal jump right after. In order to dodge the big roomwide attacks, you need to use a fully charged Hero Sword attack and shoot it at the exact moment the enemy uses their attack to get the guard frame to proc. (This is the 200+k damage attack they do in the air.)

It's not for the weak of heart or people like me who have bad timing skills. I'll probably have to wait until Etoile/Superstar, which has even MORE survivability thanks to Damage Balancer.

Aside from the low low chance of getting a good S grade cap and titles, masquerade is there(along with phaleg and the like) to give hardcore folks something to waste time on while content gets rolled out.

No need to punish oneself if itโ€™s too much for you. Playing JP for a long while and I never really tried to go past 160, granted I just became lazy and just use it to complete my ultimate daily COs.

@The-Boss-of-this-Gym said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

Play summoner

Can't do that if three of his attacks can hit the whole room at once regardless of where you are.

Also the ring attacks he does also affect all party members, this includes the pets. Unlike players in the air, the boss has a 100% accuracy on pets, to balance summoner.

Not every class needs to use leaping dodge for that attack, with bouncer you can iframe it pretty easily

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

Not every class needs to use leaping dodge for that attack, with bouncer you can iframe it pretty easily

I've tried i-frames on buster quests, I've been hit through them for no reason by the castrum demonica. So I doubt it'll help me much.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

I've tried i-frames on buster quests, I've been hit through them for no reason by the castrum demonica. So I doubt it'll help me much.

It will be class dependant on how easy you can I frame, but it can be done with relative easy in bouncer, Iโ€™ve done it a bunch of times

Like with Phaleg before, this isn't content for everyone. Most people will eventually do it, but a small percentage of players will simply not be good at it no matter the gear and buffs they may get. If you are in that small percentage, stop burning your skull and play something else. Not everyone is born for gaming after all. Just run with the shame for a few days, remember it's just one game, and move on. You are not here to please the whims of the got gud players, so have fun on your own content tier.

And if you want something to practice on, the current EP5 last boss does pretty much the same and hits like a wet noodle. Good enough for the undergeared to practice on.

At the end of the day a game is supposed to be fun so as some have said before me. HAVE FUN! Don't worry if you can't do everything. MMO's like this are nice cause you can improve at your own pace. I saw the video where that Hero class person beautifully beat level 999 and I've seen the complaints on the forum about how hard even depth 1 can be and decided it's totally not worth me stressing over. I can play most of the game and not have to touch that quest. ๐Ÿ˜›

@DDDDLife masq is a test of skill and willpower. It becomes somewhat easy using an Atlas EX. I have cleared 30 floors and only failed twice. Theres a big learning curve to the fight but if you sit down and take the time to get used to it you'll have a lot of fun.

@MarshalTobias32 Honestly speaking he's not that much of a challenge. Say, the first ~100 floors while you're still learning and Masquerade is going through rapid changes can be challenging. However after that it quickly becomes an annoying daily chore. The next significant bump in challenge comes at 990-998, and of course 999 which is a challenge of its own because he will literally one shot you no matter what. Only death resist effects can save you from his hits. (Do keep in mind that you have 998 depths worth of no hit practice runs).

The main problem here is, once you reach depth ~100(?) the rate at which he goes through changes slows down to a crawl. It takes literally hundreds of depths for you to see any significant changes and by the time you reach those you already know the fight inside out. The new mechanic changes might get you a few times, but after that the fight returns back to being an annoying chore for the next few hundred depths.

Actually I do 10 runs / day no problems

@The-Boss-of-this-Gym said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

Play summoner

Can't do that if three of his attacks can hit the whole room at once regardless of where you are.

Also the ring attacks he does also affect all party members, this includes the pets. Unlike players in the air, the boss has a 100% accuracy on pets, to balance summoner.

we summoners can also dodge you know ๐Ÿ™‚ the ring hits pet for very little damage at current depth so summoner is definitely easy mode for this fight. I heard at some point boss will start one-shotting pets, no idea how summoners can get past that ...

It's a really fun fight, the depth mechanic is really neat. I'd love to see more bosses use it in the future. I'm only on depth 20 since I missed the first day, looking forward to seeing how the boss changes like people are saying.

Currently just finished depth 40 a few hours back. Honestly i really enjoy this fight simply because its fast paced and just well....fun. IT gets far more difficult from depth 30 onward but its really not too bad. Ive been going in with BoHu.

Something to note is that Atlas EX weps have a damage bonus until depth 110 or so. If you need extra firepower be sure to get your atlas ex. If you class can cast Anti it becomes far less annoying dealing with Masq's Injury status too.

Hes a very aggressive boss to fight in general thats probably not for the faint of heart for the more casual crowd but thats honestly fine. This is content made for people seeking a challenge and i mean a real challenge. Worst case scenario you can farm depth 1 for class cubes if its too hard. In the end of the day this isnt content you need to do. It has some nice rewards sure, but you can also simply buy them from shop if you've got the meseta too.

This certainly isnt a impossible fight though. Just requires practice and patience really. Im sure if you watch a bunch of runs and practice some yourself you should be eventually be able to make some progress. Masq is tough but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try and fight him any time you have nothing better to do.