Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?

So , this is what it's coming to : Making you feel underpowered and helpess, No matter what you do.

@DDDDLife

I don't know how to tell you this, but there's another 998 stages of it getting progressively harder. If you are having trouble with Masq, consider:

• Using a 15* weapon

• Tapping Megiverse to heal to full

• Learning his patterns

• Hit it till it dies

nobody has done it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTlkgLlDTm8

Video I recorded for fun of Depth 13. Should make for a decent example run with our current available gear.

Good tips are:

@ReapedOni said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

• Using a 15* weapon

• Tapping Megiverse to heal to full

• Learning his patterns

• Hit it till it dies

These, but here are also some specific tips:

When he charges at you in phase 1, be ready to dodge a 2nd attack followed by a slam. Phase 2 adds more attacks to the combo, ending with an uppercut.

He is very projectile happy at a distance, but might still close the distance. This can be to your advantage or disadvantage depending on class.

If he appears to be charging a big slash, get ready to dodge it. This is a time stop attack. If you get caught, you can wiggle out like with luthor.

You are making good progress when the arena turns red and his sword looks more menacing.

When he finally starts doing a massive AOE blood ground attack, it means he is charging his ultimate. Make some distance and get ready to dodge or counter. If you reach this point the fight is almost over so go for it!

And that is everything I can think of based on the Depths I've beaten. Upgrade your gear and give it more tries, as its a good way to learn to fight a faster opponent.

Masq is, to put it simply, a dance first and a boss fight second. Learning that dance, and how to move with it while attacking, is the key to succeeding in this fight. Aside from the advice listed above, I've got a few tips for the survival aspect of the fight.

Further in, you'll start to notice a healing reduction effect, and Masq's attacks will start inflicting the "injury" status, which cuts your max HP. However, curing injury with a Sol atomizer will instantly replenish all the cut HP, even with the heal reduction in effect... use this to your advantage! Sol atomizers will actually be better for healing your HP than mates/Resta/megiverse will, and if you have an Atomizer lovers ring, you'll actually be invulnerable while using an Atomizer item. That can grant you a very much needed moment of safety when you need it most.

Also, poison immunity, whether through a skill ring or timed abilities, is a must-have imo. None of the skills that protect you from dying (and leaving you at 1HP instead) work when you're already at 1 HP... which the combination of poison and injury will tend to do more often than not. So yeah. Poison kills. A lot. Make sure you've got a plan to deal with it.

Much like your thread https://forum.pso2.com/topic/8815/our-power-is-never-going-to-be-enough

Hard end game content ain't for you - gear/level can't carry you in these type of contents, go enjoy other parts of the game - there's plenty out there.

@HarmlessSyan said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

Much like your thread https://forum.pso2.com/topic/8815/our-power-is-never-going-to-be-enough

Hard end game content ain't for you - gear/level can't carry you in these type of contents, go enjoy other parts of the game - there's plenty out there.

I am coldreactive, and I am not making an I approve of this message joke. But seriously, it's what I tell people on FFXIV (and then get downvoted like crazy because that means ignoring nearly 1/3 of the game's content.)

If your under geared or under leveled you can always grind for better gear, higher levels, upgrade a weapon, or if all else fails level a class with better survivability. There is so many ways to make constant improvements and tweaks to your character.

Newer content is supposed to be hard/challenging. If not them players get complacent and then quickly grow bored with the game. Accept the challenge and rise to meet it and never stop improving.

@Vexation said in Has anyone beat the New survey Quest?:

If your under geared or under leveled you can always grind for better gear, higher levels, upgrade a weapon, or if all else fails level a class with better survivability. There is so many ways to make constant improvements and tweaks to your character.

Newer content is supposed to be hard/challenging. If not them players get complacent and then quickly grow bored with the game. Accept the challenge and rise to meet it and never stop improving.

Or one could just wait for Phantom, you know the most OP class in the game aside from Gunner/Fighter. That's what I'm doing anyways.

@NotWhoUThink I too am waiting for Phantom. I've been in love with it since I started looking up Scion classes. As soon as it hits I'mma abandon hero and focus on that as my main. I've been getting impatient for episode 6 to get there.

That just might be it. The fact that we are getting all this soo darn fast. We really don't have time to catch up. I mean.. Eventually we will. But, For now.. I'll have to start with getting better gear, That's gonna take some time.

I think I'm more annoyed by the dbz power levels of stupidity in the story rather than in game having some challenge. At least upgrading your gear and some practice can get you past Masq . No amount of gear or stats will ever beat the writing.

I was being quite serious. You don't need to play every single part of the game to enjoy the game and harder challenging content like Phaleg and Masquerader isn't meant for everyone.

While Masquerader have a learning curve and difficulty increaeses as the Depth increases, at higher depths he's going to hit you for more than your max HP no matter how good your gear is. No amount of gear is going to carry other than the first few levels if you can't train yourself to dodge his attacks. Once you learn how to dodge, you don't even need gear to beat him. Flaoc (since he made an appearance on the Hero thread) beat Depth 999 with no units equipped and took no damage.