Thanksgiving Seasonal rewards

Due to this being an Urgent that is brand new for Global (it was never an urgent on JP) I figured we should at least have some discussion about this.

Personally, while I don't want to discount the advantages of the Rising Weapon Badge 4 farm (and it gives a LOT of badges), to me it's a little bit disappointing in the other things that it gives us.

The rewards are basically:

• Badges
  • Pretty good all class 14* weapons (although they're missing a PA like sigmas have, unfortunately..)
  • Almost every type of rappy mini suits
  • A few Excubes, with Ultimate Booster dropping rarely.

There's a few ways that, in my opinion, this could have been improved a lot.

First things first: Summoner got literally nothing. There is no new candy, no 14* pets, and not even a new weapon because there is no Occuld Harmonizer. This comes after ToT where there was multiple 14* pets available for the first time, as well as new parfaits. Even worse -- there is no Atlas Ex Harmonizer so the RWB4 usage to make Atlas Ex, well, doesn't apply. The only thing it helps with is Trailblazer, which we can't even make until 2 weeks from now because there are no sources of Void Fragments. On the plus side, I guess less incentive to focus it as hard on summoner

Secondly: There are no new S-Grade augments, which affects everyone else outside of Summoner. This comes after Trick or Treat, which had new S-Grade augments... even if they were so rare they realistically didn't exist. S2: Luminous Adaptation is still almost impossible to locate, and now that ToT is gone, nothing drops it anymore, and nothing to come seems likely to drop it either. There's other various S-Grade Augments that were locked to seasonals so not having any drop really feels kind of weird.

Third: No notable affixes really. Doesn't even drop Mutation II like almost every seasonal has ever since Independence Day -- this seems like an oversight to me. Pure Photons weren't forgotten in this at least.

The first 2 things listed I think are the biggest issues. Summoner I put first as I'm somewhat biased as a Su main, admittedly, but it's already behind in terms of the candy it should have, as I mentioned in another thread -- and quite a bit of it's candy was introduced through seasonal content. Same could be said for some S-Grade Augments, though, which I'd argue is more important as that affects the other 9 classes more (I do play the other classes a decent bit). The 3rd one I feel like is just an inconsistency.

On the note of the 14* drops, they're a bit awkward since they give Plam materials for desynthing them when we won't need Plam for a decent bit of time more than likely. I do like that more PSO2es weapons are coming into Global though as a result of this -- that much is nice and bodes well for the future.

Outside of that I think the the urgent is fine other than some of the sections in the layout can be annoying to fight on. It's kind of weird as to how it is optimally cleared, and I don't know how to feel about the PSE bursts when they happen. But more than anything, the loot is what's sort of disappointed me about it. Trick or Treat definitely felt more rewarding overall, and had rare drops worth chasing for (which honestly I felt were slightly too rare) like Radius Arka to at least encourage you to keep running it.

TL;DR: My opinion is that the lack of new Summoner things, literally no S-Grade augments, and no really relevant affixes hurts the desire to run the urgent a bit, despite being a good badge farm. Curious to hear what others have to say on the matter.

(I'll fix this post up a bit grammatically when I'm not so tired)

I will take those badges like I did with the July event and run with them. I have much use for them.

Yeah. Out of all badges, these seem to be on highest demand.

I have like 600 something Rising Weapon 4 badges. Which might help me in getting some mat weapons for one of the 15 stars. But if I recall correctly I need the founders Amphitrite for that one which is currently listed as only obtainable from gold mission pass 9. So I'll only get one. So even if I go to the trouble to make that 15 star I'd still only need 250 badges. Unless they release some extra stuff into the badge shop I don't see why I need quite as many badges as I have.

I'm literally only spam running this UQ for the outfits and the amount of 10 star fodder I get for photon spheres which I'm using to buy the devices to get my mag to 200.

@Vexation said in Thanksgiving Seasonal rewards:

I don't see why I need quite as many badges as I have.

The big selling point is indeed getting weapon parts for both Atlas Ex (Jutus) and Trailblazer (the rest) without relying on RNG or meseta. However, keep in mind you need 6 copies of each weapon from the badge shop to increase the enhancement cap to 35 which is necessary for the upgrades. And then you may want more if you play multiple characters or want to min-max one char with situational weapons - mobbing weapon, boss weapon, PP battery, healing weapon, etc. We can make 3 Atlas Ex weapons now through guaranteed means (4 if they released all of the story chaps) and I read we'll be able to make a 2nd lightstream eventually after running the upcoming UQ (Persona?) 50 times.

RWB4s are also a huge relief for folks like me who don't enjoy Buster Quests and get almost all of their boosters and stones from the shop. For example, I'm working towards future-proofing my 2 alts with full Schvelle units which requires 600 Cleasis boosters to upgrade the Ivlida units and then I'm saving enough badges to buy 180 Schvelle boosters for the eventual 13* upgrade (actually 210 because I use Cleasis legs on my main). However, this is based on an assumption that the cost will be the same as I read it was in JP.

If none of that sounds appealing you could still make some weapons/units to sell on the player shop while demand is high. Or you could trade RWB4s down for RWB1-3 to buy UQ triggers and Ray weapons, the latter of which are still useful for their Astral Soul SAF (requires 6 copies as well).

@Theuberclips said in Thanksgiving Seasonal rewards:

There's a few ways that, in my opinion, this could have been improved a lot.

First things first: Summoner got literally nothing. There is no new candy, no 14* pets, and not even a new weapon because there is no Occuld Harmonizer. This comes after ToT where there was multiple 14* pets available for the first time, as well as new parfaits. Even worse -- there is no Atlas Ex Harmonizer so the RWB4 usage to make Atlas Ex, well, doesn't apply. The only thing it helps with is Trailblazer, which we can't even make until 2 weeks from now because there are no sources of Void Fragments. On the plus side, I guess less incentive to focus it as hard on summoner

Secondly: There are no new S-Grade augments, which affects everyone else outside of Summoner. This comes after Trick or Treat, which had new S-Grade augments... even if they were so rare they realistically didn't exist. S2: Luminous Adaptation is still almost impossible to locate, and now that ToT is gone, nothing drops it anymore, and nothing to come seems likely to drop it either. There's other various S-Grade Augments that were locked to seasonals so not having any drop really feels kind of weird.

Third: No notable affixes really. Doesn't even drop Mutation II like almost every seasonal has ever since Independence Day -- this seems like an oversight to me. Pure Photons weren't forgotten in this at least.

Thank you for this feedback, operative! I'll send this along to the team.

Yeah, aside from the badges and rappy suits there's not much else going for it. Getting RWB4s is pretty good tho. Makes it easier to farm schvelle boosters for the unit upgrade (which isn't out yet) and the Atlas upgrade.