So how is everyone enjoying Masq?

@Qruis It's true that it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. I'm just sort of confused why Masquerade is considered more accurate just because it's preferred by people who played the patch.

@ApollosAmour calling it Masquerade just rolls off the tongue more easily imo. Same with some other odd translation choices they had for global like having UQ for Urgent Quest AND Ultimate Quest. What was so wrong with the word "Emergency" that they figured they had to change it?!

@Qruis It's not an odd translation choice since it's the most accurate, just different from what the fan patch chose. That's sort of how I feel with games I grew up on with incorrect translations too though. "Aerith" will never sound as right to me as "Aeris" lol

@ApollosAmour More accurate? The walls in the shop area literally spell out Emergency while an EQ is going on! EMERGENCY.png

@Qruis He's talking about Masquerader over Masquerade. We're beating a dead horse at this point

@Laep My point is that you can't bring up the "official translation is more accurate" when they make silly changes like those at the same time.

@Qruis I think he was just pointing out that in the case of this one thing it is more accurate, just like it is with other things. Both the official and the fan translations have more accurate parts than the other, but neither is perfect.

@Qruis Like @Laep said, I meant the one term. "Masquerader" clearly seems to be more accurate, regardless of how anyone feels. But it's normal to prefer what you've known it as first.

I do prefer Masquerade to Masquerader as it rolls off the tongue better for me. In the end though, does it really matter? Nobody ever uses the full name and everyone just calls him Masq anyway.

CODE: Distraction!

@ApollosAmour actually masquerade has a few meanings such as putting on a false show or pretending to be something you are not,atleast in english so it wouldn't be entirely incorrect,i can't say what it means in jp ofcourse so i won't comment on that.

Ya'll still arguing over that? lol

If you need practice on Mask, just fight the story version on hardcore mode, general same moveset but hits alot less harder.

I just beat first depth since I already beat him over 100 times in JP xD but tbh beat him using the Iron Will and Overload Insurance combo since RNG luck xD

@YagyuChan said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

I just beat first depth since I already beat him over 100 times in JP xD but tbh beat him using the Iron Will and Overload Insurance combo since RNG luck xD

A cheap trick but it works.