So how is everyone enjoying Masq?

It's a miracle I beat him at all since my entire left hand went numb and I couldn't feel the keys I was trying to press.

@CalvinaCoulange said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

It's a miracle I beat him at all since my entire left hand went numb and I couldn't feel the keys I was trying to press.

Cant blame ya, its like Phaleg, its all about timing dodges and blocks.

I was on Techter, so no blocking, but I was getting the hang of how he attacks. However, my hand going numb early in the fight made things far more difficult than it would have otherwise been.

That said, I do see why he's compared to Phaleg.

@CalvinaCoulange Both him and Phaleg (plus a few others in the Solo XQ) are challenge bosses since you get heavy punishments for slipping off. Which is why they're mentione often and also players do use Masq as a way for practicing certain classes to get used to dodging and adapting to a classes' mechanic (dodge counter, parry, etc,) because of how aggressive he is and how punishable he becomes as the fight is drawn out.

Once people have access to 15* weapons which gives damage bonus for stages 110 and below, he'll be easier to deal with as fights aren't drawn out. If you find it difficult to even clear him, I highly suggest to first use Hu-sub and cheese it with iron will procs. But treat it as a way for you to practice timing the dodge on his attacks and learning how to deal with his upcoming attacks since it'll only make you a worse player because higher depths can easily get you killed by not paying attention.

Just a random note, if you have a Poison Nullified Omega Timed Ability, it helps a LOT against Masquerade ... unless you're status baiting as a techer or force with techer sub. When I was trying to get better at the fight on Hero, I threw a poison nullify on and it changed literally everything because the poison ticks are obnoxious without it. Probably made a difference in Hero Boost uptime too honestly...

Really glad I made some poison timeds recently lol.

Freeze also helps if you accidentally get hit by the ice ring.

@Theuberclips This is actually a really good tip if dodging the projectiles (or any poison causing attack) is too difficult.

His start up for projectiles have a long wind-up (about 2~3 sec). Almost all classes if not should be 0~2 rolls from him which isn't very far either and if you are, you should be standing by a pillar at most.

Fighting Masq should give you an idea about learning placement/hitboxes so that you can avoid things.

@SeriPSO2 said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

Fighting Masq should give you an idea about learning placement/hitboxes so that you can avoid things.

Very much this. Very good learning tool of a fight once you get the hang of it.

Another suggestion is to wait for Etoile or whatever it will be called in Global and you can get to Depth 100 easily without much effort I feel.

I haven't done much research on Etoile yet. What's it like?

@Vexation said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

I haven't done much research on Etoile yet. What's it like?

It is fun and super tanky but I feel it is not for everyone. 🙂