So how is everyone enjoying Masq?

If we directly translated Japanese each time, we'd have what is PSO2 global translation in all medias. Masquerade makes the most sense.

I haven't played the fan patch or gone against the boss yet so I'm likely missing some context, but @Laep is right that "Masquerader" is a correct translation of "マスカレーダ". A "masquerade" is a masked ball or event, while a "masquerader" is someone attending a masquerade or wearing a mask in general. On the surface level, since we're talking about a boss, I assume we're talking about an individual and not an event.

@Falz said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

If we directly translated Japanese each time, we'd have what is PSO2 global translation in all medias. Masquerade makes the most sense.

I'm a big fan of localization, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Both the fan patch and global translate things literally and with localization. Neither is a very direct translation.

@MarshalTobias32 said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rGj6Ri4kKM8&t=210s

Ready for 999? Time to git Gud!

How did they jump high enough to avoid the roomwide charge slash at around 4:38? I've had people ask me this a couple times when I shared this video, since you can't do this in PSO2global even though we have the level 90 cap right now.

@coldreactive said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

How did they jump high enough to avoid the roomwide charge slash at around 4:38? I've had people ask me this a couple times when I shared this video, since you can't do this in PSO2global even though we have the level 90 cap right now.

You can do that since the beginning of global actually. Leaping Dodge left ring.

@Theuberclips said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

@coldreactive said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

You can do that since the beginning of global actually. Leaping Dodge left ring.

Doesn't that simply just increase your speed? And not actually increase height?

It actually makes you jump much higher and you can still use a second jump after using the ring's ability. The text on it is misleading. It's a must have ring imo.

@coldreactive Leaping dodge ring works as a sort of spring board. You just shoot upwards. As said above, you can also do a second jump, and in the case of classes which have extra jumps through damaging enemies like Bouncer and Hero, you can start with a leaping dodge to gain altitude, and then continue with the class specific extra jumps to reach altitude easily. I have the ring on my Hero and it's a great mobility tool. Leveling it up reduces it's cool down to a mere 5 seconds.

Er, it's mentioned on the website https://pso2.com/news/announcements/thanksgiving1111

Ah yikes. Why is this hidden in the thanksgiving page? It's not part of the thanksgiving event or limited to its duration (or at all).

Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't have found this looking for it.

And we call him Masquerade since... that's his name?

I thought we only did that for UQs because that's all there is to them.

A few minutes of research later.

It's an Ultimate Quest that's the same boss fight per attempt...? What a misplaced quest... I guess the nickname makes sense now though.

@Noko8245 said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

I got all 10 class clears on the first day and climbed to 20 on techer today, the fight is fun but i wish it wasn't time gated.

Got any tips for te/hu? I'm trying to whack and heal but it's pretty grueling. What's your general strat? Just dodge and whack?

@Gurgles said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

Got any tips for te/hu? I'm trying to whack and heal but it's pretty grueling. What's your general strat? Just dodge and whack?

I recommend changing your sub to fo. Whacking is a mobbing thing and that's not a mobbing quest.

@Laep tbh, calling it Masquerade instead of Masquerader is just as correct as writting Copleted instead of Clear.

Trash quest. It excludes summoners and is not fun for forces prior to phantom.

Well, that is odd. Thanks for clarifying @Falz and @SuccubusAlice! We'll be letting the team know about this also though. Thank you guys for the support, you all are awesome!

@Ren6617 said in So how is everyone enjoying Masq?:

Trash quest. It excludes summoners and is not fun for forces prior to phantom.

alt text

Summoners can manage.