Will Pso2 play on Xbox Series X?

Willl pso2 be playable on the next gen console or do it have to be label on the pso2 main page first?

While I don't really know, I don't think there should be any problem including the game in that console. More with Microsoft's friendly stance on backwards compatibility.

I’ll be finishing my install in 5 minutes. It’s at 3.1% atm but I’m transferring one game while I what.

I’m interested to see how it runs on the series x myself compared to my gaming laptop (flawless speed) and my One X (lagggg)

@Cult I'm pretty sure the SX will be able to run a 8 year old game flawlessly unless someone derped big time on the porting. I'm more interested in seeing how that console would run NG. Hope you stay around to tell us about it.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Will Pso2 play on Xbox Series X?:

@Cult I'm pretty sure the SX will be able to run a 8 year old game flawlessly unless someone derped big time on the porting. I'm more interested in seeing how that console would run NG. Hope you stay around to tell us about it.

The one X I have should have ran it flawless too but it didn’t.

Flawless. No lobby lag on console anymore.

@Cult Great to know that. Does it support 4K?

@Cult said in Will Pso2 play on Xbox Series X?:

Flawless. No lobby lag on console anymore.

What about the load times between blocks in missions

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Without even knowing, I can assume those may be at SSD or maybe, MAYBE, NVME levels.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Without even knowing, I can assume those may be at SSD or maybe, MAYBE, NVME levels.

Well I brought an ssd for the one x and that made hardly any difference

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I'm guilty of speaking on PC terms, though, where an SSD makes a huge difference over HDD, and NVME makes a less stellar but still nice difference compared to SATA SSDs. So, in my case, I haven't really measured it, but most PSO2 loadings I get are sub 10 seconds, with many under 5.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I'm guilty of speaking on PC terms, though, where an SSD makes a huge difference over HDD, and NVME makes a less stellar but still nice difference compared to SATA SSDs. So, in my case, I haven't really measured it, but most PSO2 logins I get are sub 10 seconds, with many under 5.

What’s the difference between ssd and sata ssd?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I meant NVME vs SSD. NVME is pretty much the current faster version of the M2 disk type. The first M2 drives were SATA, so they couldn't be much faster than the regular SSD you connect through a cable, but being M2, they didn't need such cables to connect to the motherboard, as they could connect directly through the m2 slot on M2 enabled motherboards.

Then NVME came and blew SATA away with much faster speeds that in some cases could be several times faster (as in 2x or even 3x faster). These use an updated M2 slot. The Series X is supposed to have an NVME drive. So it should have much faster loading than anything the XB1 can do.

@ZorokiHanuke

Ah I see, thanks for that

@TEN-SQUARE-3 And to actually answer your question, when I say SSD and SATA SSD I'm referring to the same thing. SSD is the drive type, and SATA is the way it uses to connect to the computer.

In computing terms, the way a drive connects to the computer is as important for speed as is the drive type. SSDs would have been worthless if we kept to the old IDE connection type, as that type was much slower than what SSDs can do. When faster SSDs were created, M2 was also created to help moving all that data, but the connection type was still SATA so it was reaching it's limit. That's when NVME and it's M2 NVME connection came and accelerated things even further across the board.