Entry-level/Good Enough Rifle/Rod/Katana for starting Phantom next month?

I have 5 characters. As each of them specialize in different things (Minus my Main, a Deuman male doing a bit of everything, and my red Male CAST and my Human Male double dipping into melee classes), but all of them would benefit from Scion subclasses eventually.

First and foremost I want to know what 13* Katana, Rifle and Rod I could get for all 5 of my characters without breaking the bank. I'd presume Nemesis would be more affordable now due to Unique Weapon Badges, but it seems people aren't listing those ones (Affixes from random drops are bad and not all are Light element).

Any viable 13* Katana, Rifle, and Rod that won't smash my bank to pieces getting them for all 5 characters?

Badge 13-stars are good enough until you get drops. 13-star market will tank once Episode 6 is out for a while due to Ultra Hard.

That is, if all the Expeditions GET Ultra Hard like they're supposed to. (IE: Naverius Forest, Abandoned Mine, etc.)

A fair few people are also going to be farming Ultra Hard non-stop to get some all-class weapons we haven't gotten yet, like the all-class Harmonizer from Naverius Forest Ultra Hard. Normally we'd get Old-Type weapons for all-class by now, but those aren't coming to NA/global.

Awesome. Any good ways to fast-track Unique Weapon Badges to get Nemesis gear? I figure if I can avoid spending meseta by spending time and badges that'd be beneficial. I need 1200 for a full set and I'm just under 500 atm.

@Kuja-Feralus said in Entry-level/Good Enough Rifle/Rod/Katana for starting Phantom next month?:

Awesome. Any good ways to fast-track Unique Weapon Badges to get Nemesis gear? I figure if I can avoid spending meseta by spending time and badges that'd be beneficial. I need 1200 for a full set and I'm just under 500 atm.

Dailies (Every day), Buster Quests (and Free matches) and lots of expeditions to try and get rare rappy spawns. If you get 13-stars from buster main quests (Don't bother with advance) that are compatible with phantom (use the JP wiki for that. But pretty much all of them should be) then keep them.

if you're good at urgent quests, those are a good way too. Get the +250% Rare drop boosters from the Ex-Cube shop and use two of them to max out the timer for Urgent Quests/etc.

You can just do the collection sheet and get the 13* Val weapons for free simply by doing urgent quests. Go ahead and be grabbing them, wait a day or two then grab them again. Val weapons are currently also cheap on the market at about 200k for some of them. You can easily upgrade the Vals to a 14* Atlas at Zigs (Well I say easily but it actually requires a lot of material gathering) I'm broke so I break down 10* and below weapons for the mats then use the exchanger to turn them into the ones I need. It's a slow process but if you start now you should be able to get 1 or 2 to Atlas by the time Phantom hits.

Course upgrading the weapons will cost you some Meseta but even a +30 Val does a good bit of damage and you can upgrade it a little at a time. Make sure to do your weekly quests. If your at least level 50 your weeklies give you 2 mil meseta a week. XD

Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually burning my Chronos Eternistones on getting my Hero's three Atlas weapons, but I will keep in mind trying for +35 val phantom stuff, or perhaps even going for Lumiere.

Just gotta finish getting my Hero's Lumiere stuff finalized and my Cleasis Units squared away and then my Hero will be gold with Atlas EX once they arrive.

I'll keep in mind the various cheap 13* stuff I can grab for Phantom. Heck, Val doesn't look all that bad aesthetically even though Atlas is the "unbroken" version of Val.

Any good weapon camos you guys like that cover Katana, Rifle, and Rod? I feel like Live Cellular/Bio Cellular are neat, but any others look good to you?

I like Leaf in the Autumn Breeze. It makes a flurry of Autumn leaves and works on all weapons except Harmonizer just like Live and Bio Cellular.

I WOULD like Leaf in the Autumn Breeze, except the maple leaves effect doesn't really suit me and I wish the Katana looked more like the Sword and didn't have those paper talisman tassel things.

I hope we get an event or something to get the Phantom weapon camo like we got the Hero Luchs Frieden weapon camo.

Though if we only get one per account I'll have to snatch four extras on the player shops...

Also I feel like I solved the issue with decent entry level weapons for Phantom by grabbing some light element Occuld weapons. Good stats, okay affixes, and they're a decent starting spot to build off of.

Yeah I got all Occuld for my Phantom too. Lucked out and got one as a drop then went and bought the other two.

If you can I would suggest working your way up for the Lightstream/Trailblazer weapons as well. Technically "all" of the weapons are obtainable in-game and the only things you are missing are the Erebus stones (I cannot recall what they were officially translated as) but that should be obtainable and farmable later this week.

The parts you will need are the following:

• Profound Weapon+35 (this specifically has to be the weapon you want)
  • Any Detonation Weapon+35
  • Any Cladium Weapon+35
  • Any Allure Weapon+35
  • Any Xerraire Weapon+35

Putting those five together will give you the Celestial/Starquake weapon after you get its needed materials and using the extremely rare stone, Founder's Amphirite (current Mission Pass Tier 30 reward or a title reward), you can get the Lightstream/Trailblazer weapons.

If you already have Atlas EX I recommend getting these as well because these are just as rare and are sidegrades/utilities to one another. If you decide you do not like a class or its weapon type you can always use the Category Change function to swap weapon types down the line due to how rare these weapons are.

If you otherwise have something else you want to grind for and are not burdened by the time or effort needed, I would recommend looking into the Ophistia and Novel series of weapons as well. Ophistia is among the lowest-tier fifteen star weapons due to how accessible they are (Nemesis, Raven, Invade, and Ares each at +35 and combined with 400 Excubes) and have situational gains in power where they can become stronger than Atlas EX and Lighstream if you play into their mechanics (having multiple Mags with specific photon blast creatures). However, if you pick up Novel weapons they will later upgrade to "Liberate" weapons which feature the first use of an S5 S-Class Special Ability/S-Grade Augment which can be a huge game-changer if you are fond of the special fourteen star weapons such as Dual Bird, Lavis Cannon, Spread Needle, Gilhess Weihen, Gear Experience, Radius Arka, and more. These will be an upgrade to rival the Atlas EX and Lightstream series of weapons in Episode 6 and will definitely help you pave your way to the next tiers of weapons.

If you are not willing to invest too much for that just yet, you have a number of weapons you can stick to and rely on for the time being such as the following:

• Nemesis/Raven/Invade/Ares: These should still be decently usable but you are likely going to want to look for replacements because these weapons have already been showing their age especially with Ophistia in the picture.
  • Ivlida/Supernatural/Jutus/Val: You are likely going to have these to upgrade to Atlas and Lumiere and later to Atlas EX so if this is still on the table for you then you should not have many issues running with these until then.
  • Profound/Detonation/Claudium/Allure/Xerraire: Similarly to above, if you are going to create the Celestial/Lighstream weapons then you will be wanting to hold onto these so you may be using them until then.
  • Special Fourteen-Star Weapons: If you have a hold of these and their Plus Potentials and you really like their mechanics you can definitely hold onto these until you get your hands on a Liberate weapon where you will be able to inherit most of these potentials in some form and use them on stronger and future weapons that are compatible with S5 abilities.
  • Occuld Weapons: If nothing else I would simplify these as the "new" Sigma weapons. You should no longer be using Sigma weapons at this point when you have these available.

Pretty sure OP's main reason was wanting weapons that were cheap and easily accessible. That said this is really good info and since I plan to main Phantom, I'll personally be using it. I only have one founders aphitrite obviously, so one trailblazer and two atlas ex's is what I'm going for.

Excellent read, VanillaLucia! This will help me out with not only Phantom but also Etoile, not to mention gearing for the future instead of just a base-line to start with.

@Kuja-Feralus said in Entry-level/Good Enough Rifle/Rod/Katana for starting Phantom next month?:

Excellent read, VanillaLucia! This will help me out with not only Phantom but also Etoile, not to mention gearing for the future instead of just a base-line to start with.

iirc, we're only going to get like 3 of them max until "renewable" ways to get the Founder's stone item is implemented. So good luck if you plan to have like 8 weapons at once. Ultra enemies (IE: Normal Ultra Hard enemies) can also drop 15-stars on their own rarely.