Alliance Activity - More conclusive data?

Hi there,

When I started playing this game at the Steam release I was invited into a lovely Alliance. We had 100 players and I was made an officer a bit down the line. Lately, I struggle to get conversation going in my Alliance which is a shame. I have tried to see activity level (as you can do on other MMORPGs) and all I have found is that 32 / 96 players are eligible for the alliance shop purchase as the others haven't logged in for over a month. Is it possible to get more detailed information on who the inactive players are? I cannot be online 24/7 to monitor who logs in and who doesn't.

Cheers.

Like player logs? Idk, sounds kinda creepish. Just give those who haven't been on in the last few months a message that they've been temp removed till they come back.

@Zephinism said in Alliance Activity - More conclusive data?:

Is it possible to get more detailed information on who the inactive players are?

JP has indicators for when players haven't logged in for 30 days. We don't. It's something players have asked for for a long time.

Another thing you can do is , remove inactive players and then send them a lovely message , That they can be re-instated if they come back. [as mentioned above] It really just boils down to one thing: Make room for others that are willing to play.

Don't let the fact that several players leave or dont log-on for asaid period of time affect how you run the guild.

If you know they haven’t logged in for over a month then put a message on the board that inactive players will be removed at X date(a month or two from now). Players taking a break generally will give a head’s up but in your case it doesn’t look like they have. The courtesy of a waiting period is fair, then boot them with a message that they’re welcome back.

In my guild on another game we had a rule no inactivity for 2+ months you get the boot if you don’t let people know first. People were pretty good about it and they were always welcomed back.

I got invited to a guild, I accepted, they never talk, never run anything, and I've never even met them. I left a messege on the guild thing stating I was new and didn't know what all I needed to do but never got a reply. So ya know. Mu experience with Guilds isn't all that great.

@Vexation said in Alliance Activity - More conclusive data?:

I got invited to a guild, I accepted, they never talk, never run anything, and I've never even met them. I left a messege on the guild thing stating I was new and didn't know what all I needed to do but never got a reply. So ya know. Mu experience with Guilds isn't all that great.

There can be some allainces that aren't "social" at all. It just takes a Little bit of doing and you can find a very active, very sociable guild that does, just about everything.

@Vexation

That really sucks. Some alliance just want the big numbers but don’t put in any effort to keep their members. I’ve had that happen in other games, no help whatsoever when I was new. I hope you found a community to help you.

I get that Unison League is just an app game, but it has automatic kick systems, and every big maintenance removes any guilds that have been inactive. (All players offline for 30+ days.)

Considering that real funds can go into keeping the Alliance settings around, the latter sounds a bit unfair for PSO2.

Maybe PSO2 could make an Alliance ineligible for Alliance Quests if an Officer/Leader hasn't logged in for 7+ days?

How much does it cost to make your own Alliance? Anyone know?

I agree though that they should have a better system for tracking activity or lack thereof. I typically join social guilds/alliances. I don't always talk though so it'd be nice from a member viewpoint to not be kicked if I'm actively on and playing even if I'm a bit quiet.

@Vexation

It didn’t cost me anything, I just had to be above lvl10.

Heyo,

I'll just dip in here to source something useful from one of my previous discussions on this matter from Eric. https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6141/managing-an-alliance-is-a-nightmare-a-leader-s-pov/25?page=2 this is just in regards to those looking to run alliances.

But anyhow, I honestly feel activity tracking is... interesting as there's not too much to work with in tracking it considering the last online is just blank. I'm actually putting forward a plan with mine shortly to try and recover the increase in inactive players over time. Honestly recruitment is like a day job. I generally find the activity is focused on a small number of larger alliances particularly outside ship 2. Generally, the two things to look for are pn names which most likely indicate a inactive player if longer term. The other is simply, just be open and honest about it, if you know who's who, and they're not about in-game for a while, let them know you need to focus your members on those playing but they're welcome to interact and return if they retake interest in the game, this at least leaves them the open door.

I'm not into enforcing activity posting from members personally as I believe they should enjoy it at their leisure. Just some thoughts though.

@Miraglyth said in Alliance Activity - More conclusive data?:

@Zephinism said in Alliance Activity - More conclusive data?:

Is it possible to get more detailed information on who the inactive players are?

JP has indicators for when players haven't logged in for 30 days. We don't. It's something players have asked for for a long time.

That would be nice to have. One bandage work-around is to look at rare container ranking and find out who does not even have one rare container opened.