Speculation on episode 6?

@coldreactive said in Speculation on episode 6?:

iirc, in PSO2JP, Nab Rappies could take Meseta and healing consumables from you. (Hence their name.)

Not the case; they are called Nab Rappies (in the fan patch) because they are Rappies native to Naberius (the fan patch spelling of Naverius), calling back to their original PSO versions on Ragol being Rag Rappies.

@Milk said in Speculation on episode 6?:

I just don’t like Rappies for some reason, I must kick them in the face whe we cross paths.

iirc, in PSO2JP, Nab Rappies could take Meseta and healing consumables from you. (Hence their name.)

100% BS

@AndrlCh said in Speculation on episode 6?:

they are called Nab Rappies (in the fan patch) because they are Rappies native to Naberius (the fan patch spelling of Naverius), calling back to their original PSO versions on Ragol being Rag Rappies.

Darnit, you beat me to it!

I never got to find out, but I've always wondered if Al Rappy and Pal Rappy as two of the variants might have been Algol and Palma. But that wouldn't explain some of the other ones I couldn't associate with systems or planets so I've never really known what to think there.

@Milk

I don't trust anything that can fly I guess d:

I feel that way about the lilipan too. Whenever I see an emergency for the one that gets trapped by one of the robots I just blow up the robot.

About the only time I find rappy cute is the one that dances on your slot machine.

@Knight-Raime said in Speculation on episode 6?:

@Milk

I don't trust anything that can fly I guess d:

I feel that way about the lilipan too. Whenever I see an emergency for the one that gets trapped by one of the robots I just blow up the robot.

About the only time I find rappy cute is the one that dances on your slot machine.

When farming emergency codes, it's better to blow up the robot and let them fly off. This will free up a potential emergency code slot on the expedition map. Similarly, it's better to kill anything you need to "Capture."

@Knight-Raime

I feel that way too! Though the first time I accidentally sent them flying Team Rocket style I felt pretty bad. I also hate Gesture. If I’m alone in the map I will always kick their dumb robot.

I have yet to find any creature cute in this game, meh!

@coldreactive

Good to know my unwarrented feelings for them actually has a positive purpose haha. And oh I always just kill capture targets anyway because it's too annoying to solo capture.

@Milk

YES I hate Gesture. Maybe the reason I dislike lilipans is because the only gameplay interaction I have with them are obnoxious emergency quests. And same. it's annoying as an individual that likes to smoosh people and things on the regular. . w.

@Knight-Raime said in Speculation on episode 6?:

because it's too annoying to solo capture.

Tranmizer is one of the easier ones to capture because of its "Cooldown" phase while not in tank form, thankfully. But otherwise, yeah, most capture targets move too much.

@coldreactive

I'd be more willing to do capture as an objective if starting up the capture process immobilized them once in the ring. Hopefully if emergencies transfer over to NGS they come up with better ones that are less frustrating to do. I would like to return back to early days of when I played where I wanted to do these things in mission.

I don't actually mind Capture, at least not after doing most of my explorations as Summoner because SH is weak enough for me to get by with that. Pets allow you to distract bosses solo.

My biggest issue with it is you generally don't find out it was a capture until the boss is dead. The operators are just way too slow to tell you and for some reason the emergency code alert - read, alert, its job is meant to be to tell you what's going on ASAP - happens after a bunch of operator chatter.

@Miraglyth said in Speculation on episode 6?:

My biggest issue with it is you generally don't find out it was a capture until the boss is dead. The operators are just way too slow to tell you and for some reason the emergency code alert - read, alert, its job is meant to be to tell you what's going on ASAP - happens after a bunch of operator chatter.

I usually look at the mini-map (with the whole area shown) as such. If I suddenly see an objective appear mid-battle, I know it's a capture.

I usually look at the mini-map

I find that doesn't always show immediately. When a code duel gets a changeover into code capture (which can also happen as the boss is dying or dead), it's not there at first. Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't get shown in map tiles you haven't revealed yet.

But even if neither of those things happened, it's still an in-universe failure on the operators' part to tell you so late and alert you even later. And it's not great a great out-of-universe look either.

Here's a suspected schedule of content releases over the next 2 months we discussed on Day Dawns ARKS this week.

"*" denotes expected maintenance day

11/11* - Final Episode 5 Story released - Thanksgiving Event UQ – Holiday Lobby – Battle Units released (Red/Blue Shine (It's now or never)) – Omega Dark Falz #4 – Atlas EX weapons released – New Ultimate quest. Emelia and Vivienne’s side story due to PSU in Fresh Finds?

11/18 – Final Episode 5 UQ - Release of Lightstream Series

11/25* – Road to Episode 6 including Chaotic City Limited Quest Begins – New Trigger: Light: World Destroyers (Opens Expert Matching)

12/2 – Grind/Augment week - Revelry of Darkness Limited Quest

12/9* – Episode 6 Begins - Christmas Lobby - Ultra Hard Lillipa Released – Story Chapter 1 Released –– Level 95 cap – Phantom Released

12/16 – Christmas on Ice Urgent Quest released

12/23* – Story Chapter 2 released – 13* units – Ultra Hard Naverius - – New Urgent Quest: Armada of Demise

12/30 – Corruption Course : Excluder Limited Quest

@PrinceBrightstar That's a pretty in depth speculation. I would be okay with that though I'm not sure it'll happen that way. You'd think if they were gonna release the end of Episode 5 they would say something in the announcements but literally the announcement for the 11/11 maintenance is just "We're doing maintence" so not very hopeful.

@Vexation said in Speculation on episode 6?:

You'd think if they were gonna release the end of Episode 5 they would say something in the announcements but literally the announcement for the 11/11 maintenance is just "We're doing maintence" so not very hopeful.

Here's the announcement for the last maintenance before Episode 5 released. Those announcements are always light on detail. We didn't get the Road to Episode 5 website splash and pages until the day of the last maintenance before it.