Speculation on episode 6?

When will it be out? End of November? December? END OF DECEMBER T.T I just want Phantom. REEEE!

I believe we're on track for early early December release, based on the remaining UQs left in Episode 5.

I assume the first part and phantom will be released on either the 25th of this month, or December 9th. I forget whether they skipped a couple weeks when we got ep 5, but generally we get an update every other week.

For any updates after that, who knows whether they will consistently release the chapters for Episode 6 or interrupt them with the Christmas events though (which would also delay the other updates that include Etoile and possibly Luster).

Highly doubt will be November, still got the 2nd buster quest urgent and persona at least. Probably will see another Road to Episode 6 like Episode 5 had.

If we take the mission pass into account, and them not dropping a huge episode update in the middle of a mission pass (dont believe theyve ever done that yet so can only assume they wont do that now) its either going to be end of november or late december. I dont think theyd leave us in a content drought for a month straight though and then drop a major update right before xmas. Doesnt make any sense to do that.

Whenever it is, I hope it aint the same week as FF14's 5.4 patch.

Unless they break the pattern there are four maintenances that fit into the Q4 2020 part of the roadmap that Episode 6 Part 1 is placed in:

• 11 November
  • 25 November
  • 09 December
  • 23 December

It won't be the first of these. We're not done with Episode 5's story. If it's the second one and we get it in November, we may get a Road to Episode 6 style campaign which would launch around 11 November. But it feels like that's slightly too soon, considering we'll need to give the Episode 5 end bosses some time to be Urgent Quests (remembering the 5 weeks of Irritating Iron Assault we had).

23 December would fit in with being the last possibility as Episode 5 was, but I'm not convinced they'll risk supporting a content delivery on that scale around Christmas. Even if JP (the development team) don't take as much time off around that time, the US-based community management team do. Moreover that would mean almost 3 months of Episode 5 that thusfar seems to be getting slightly condensed and which the JP team know were unpopular for JP players and would probably want to accelerate just a little for us.

So I'm thinking the 09 December maintenance is the most likely option.

@Arcflare said in Speculation on episode 6?:

If we take the mission pass into account, and them not dropping a huge episode update in the middle of a mission pass (dont believe theyve ever done that yet so can only assume they wont do that now) its either going to be end of november or late december.

PC launch was in the dead centre of Season 3, preventing PC players from being able to complete that season without spending a bunch of Star Gems we hadn't had the chance to accumulate yet (and which had no repeatable source).

Considering Episodes 1-3 all existed at the start of open beta (soft launch), and Episode 4 / Steam / Season 6 was all part of a deliberately focused update, the only one that really could not have been was Episode 5 / Season 8. With Episode 5 being 8 weeks after 4, and Mission Passes being every 4 weeks, that lined up as a consequence of Episode 4 / Season 6 lining up. And not knowing that in advance it was a 50/50 chance of not lining up anyway because both Episodes and Seasons change only change during maintenance - every 2 weeks.

If they cared about lining Mission Pass seasons up with new Episodes, then yes it would have to be 25 November or 23 December as the only options, and I'd then think the latter was more likely. But if a major platform release wasn't important enough to line it up I really don't think an Episode without any new release would be.

Considering their new theme of putting in upgrade materials at tier 30 of a mission pass, I think it's pretty likely that they'll sync mission passes with content updates since the passes have episode-content-related items now. From a content release perspective, honestly it makes more sense to me to sync it to content releases than it does to sync it to platform releases, so I don't really think that them syncing the pass for episodes but not for PC release is so crazy. I know that fighting for PC differences corrected is your thing Miraglyth, but I don't think the reasoning holds up well here. I don't know how JP's ep5 content went WRT UQs, but hopefully they didn't have any post-final-boss content like the unnecessarily upgraded yamato UQ.

The Bewitched Woods campaign going on is probably worth pointing out too. In the past, these boost campaigns on the current farm areas have coincided with them becoming obsolete in favor of a newer farm, with them doing a Nav Ult campaign for a week, immediately followed by a Lilli Ult for a week, which fed into Amduskia's release (obsoleting nav/lilli by dropping both their items), and then later Amduskia Ult got a boost and once that ended the Ep1-4 Limited Quest started for almost guaranteed 13* fodder, which lasted for two weeks. So it's entirely possible that the end of the bewitched campaign starts with an Ep5 Limited Quest (or something similar) and if you extrapolate 2 weeks for that to run, you get the 25th of November, which happens to coincide with a mission pass renewal. But I'm not sure how JP content went in regards to how probable this actually is.

Well JP content was always long drawn out compared to global.

Early Oct 2018 was the 2nd buster quest UQ, Nov was MHF-Z collab, Mid December was Persona, and it wasn't until April 2019 that EP6 came out. In between that was just the usual X'mas, New Years, Valentine, White Day event UQs. And I guess JP didn't get the 2nd endless quest until the very last EP5 patch.

I predict Gemini Buster UQ will come out next maintenance with Persona being the second week added UQ then the Road to Episode 6 campaign will start with whatever remains running till December 9th which will be Episode 6 release with Phantom. As for Etoile and Luster I would say January or February. We will be caught up to JP by April or May with NGS coming out by Spring or Summer 2021.

I predict Episode 6 Part 1 in Early December, but... keep in mind that FFXIV 5.4 and Cyber Punk 2077 are already slated for early december. This could cause a lot of split playerbases.

@YagyuChan I think we could see NGS even as early as March~April.

Since the JP version of PSO2 is gonna be having an event during January~February, the EN version may be able to catch up by the end of February, if they keep the fast pacing of releasing content.

@Akonyl said in Speculation on episode 6?:

I know that fighting for PC differences corrected is your thing Miraglyth

Can't say I appreciate the idea that there haven't been dozens of others asking for certain things to come back on several In-Game Suggestions topics and Twitter posts but this really isn't the topic for that. My point was purely to express that Mission Pass hasn't always been synchronised in the past, so at best you could say maybe they've taken the response to that on board and plan to keep it more synchronised as an improvement activity.

@Akonyl said in Speculation on episode 6?:

Considering their new theme of putting in upgrade materials at tier 30 of a mission pass, I think it's pretty likely that they'll sync mission passes with content updates since the passes have episode-content-related items now.

I'm aware of that, but Season 8 could have given a Chronos Eternistone without its start being synchronised to Episode 5. Rather, unless someone planned to spend 450 SG on skipping two weeks of points-earning, it didn't become possible to get that item until two weeks after Zig offered the ability to exchange it. Also note that the although Val series could drop right away, their Collection Folder arrived two weeks after Episode 5 started and the Mission Pass season could just as easily have been synchronised to that.

Conversely I don't believe the material given at the end of Season 9 can be exchanged at all yet so we've already seen a desynchronisation between Mission Pass items being accessible and usable. The summary of my point is that synchronisation didn't enable Chronos Eternistone to be added to the game as an item. For the most part our game client has been on Episode 6 behind the scenes since closed beta.

If there is a similar Episode 6 upgrade route - most likely if the curiously-delayed Atlas Ex trade needs a new unique stone - that could be Season 10 Normal Tier 30 making it known to us when that season begins on November 25 and available to us immediately on Episode 6's arrival should that happen halfway through the season on 09 December.

@coldreactive said in Speculation on episode 6?:

I predict Episode 6 Part 1 in Early December, but... keep in mind that FFXIV 5.4 and Cyber Punk 2077 are already slated for early december. This could cause a lot of split playerbases.

I definitely don't think Sega are in the business of changing release schedules to avoid Cyberpunk 2077, and the roadmap was in place months before its most recent delay from 19 November to 10 December so even if they were they would need to either accelerate or delay (potentially breaking the roadmap plan) at very short notice.

I predict we'll get the rest of EP5 on next maintenance and then eat trash until December's first maintenance.

Or maybe they dilute EP5 content in two patches in each remaining November's maintenances and we still get scheduled EP5 trash during the first EP6 week like it happened with first week of EP5 having EP4 trash.

I wonder what the dev's and Gm's are putting together for Turkey day! ?