will characters transfer over to NG

The thought of your characters not being able to get transferred over makes me wonder if its a waste of time to do anything with them if we're just gonna start over from scratch, kinda thinking to stop playing in general but hopefully that wont be the case since they are still working on NG and maybe even some new features to take customizing to the next level

They have already said that will our characters will be shared between games.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsinformation

This answers your question and any other you may have.

Character looks, account-wide fashion / emotes all work between PSO2 and NGS... but levels / progression and some currencies will not. Alliances in NGS will be different, but you'll be able to talk with your old Vanilla alliance.

@coldreactive said in will characters transfer over to NG:

Character looks, account-wide fashion / emotes all work between PSO2 and NGS... but levels / progression and some currencies will not. Alliances in NGS will be different, but you'll be able to talk with your old Vanilla alliance.

To add on to this any costumes and outfits in PSO2 will use the current models while only NGS costumes and outfits will use the new models. All faces, hairs, and eyes in both will use the new models however.

@NotWhoUThink

While they are updating the PSO2 models to a degree, they are still distinguishing between PSO2 and NGS with the Face Variants. As such, PSO2 Eyebrows, Makeup, Eyes/Pupils, and Eyelashes can only be used with PSO2 Face Variants, and NGS Eyebrows, Makeup, Eyes/Pupils, and Eyelashes can only be used with NGS Face Variants. Both PSO2 and NGS Hairstyles can be used with all Face Variants, and PSO2 and NGS Face Variants can be mixed-and-matched with the PSO2 and NGS Body Models.

Isnt PSO2 getting an engine/graphics update too along with NGS? (or was that just in relation to characters). That would be pretty cool if so. Im kinda over open world games so its possible I may prefer to stay with PSO2 rather than NGS. Or play both.

@Doom-Smack It is getting a graphics update as well.

That's good to know but also I'm kinda curious how they're going to multi task between the two maybe eventually just focus on one of them base on which one gets more attention.

@GODLIKE-WARRI0R Considering that for now, EP6 is the last supposedly official episode of PSO2, NG will most likely be the one getting an increment of content. If all other games of this kind serve as example, we will be seeing extensions to the story among other updates and maybe even the addition of new modes of play. Meanwhile, PSO2 will remain accessible for anyone wanting to play that game. As population goes, I assume most will be running NG, with some trips to PSO2 in case there are things like cosmetics becoming available. I suppose that would be PSO2's life line, as I assume most people wouldn't play much of it, unless NG's first days don't come with much content.

@ZorokiHanuke PSO2 Vanilla will be getting NGS models for its character creator, and NGS will have PSO2 Vanilla models for its creator if you want to use them. Hair works on both, and I've heard that Accessories will work between NGS and PSO2 models too now. But not fashion (IE: Basewear, Inner.)

@coldreactive The link I posted above tells that while yes, PSO2 will get a visual update and cosmetics from both games will be able to be used everywhere, the models themselves will vary, thus introducing cases of incompatibility. The reason is that the current PSO2 models (characters AND their cosmetics) will not have all the detail the NG ones will have. Also the wet/sweat body option and moving fingers will be exclusive to NG models and their outfits. Meaning that you may not be able to mix and match certain things as basically the model your character will have at any given time will be dictated by the game the outfits and cosmetics being worn at the moment. I assume accessories, not being part of any character model themselves, will run on different rules, though.

They said something along the lines that going between NGS and original PSO2 will be like changing blocks. All cosmetics will carry over but you can't mix and match things like NGS outerwear, basewear, cast parts with originals - also will run into issues if you are trying to mix match things for NGS with original face variants like eye brows, pupils etc.

Hi all, thank you for sharing this information with each other!

@Weirdo Thanks.

PSO2 graphics update sounds so so sweet. It seems like they are still going to give love to PSO2 - perhaps they will even add new content and/or new episodes(s) in the future once we are caught up with JP (pure speculation)..?