Please use an actual class setup in endgame

Recently been seeing alot of Te/Lu videos for soloing stuff - but that's not really Te anymore, just playing gunslash/blade

@Aishtha said in Please use an actual class setup in endgame:

Might as well not play techer. Class is team reliant to do full dps, and there's snobs who will say that zanverse isn't techer's dps but the techer still is made to cast it.

Zanverse is powerful.

What's it? 20% wind damage of all damage done, by a party of 11 people?

It's 1/5 extra damage for absolutely everyone.

Also, Shifta Strike adds A LOT of damage.

TE helps boost DPS by a huge ammount, anyone who says otherwise sucks at the game.

@Shirokami07 Yeah, I know. I'm a techer player myself. Issue is that as strong as zanverse and shifta is, that's all you're really contributing. Your damage can't compare to a dps class and for solo content you're struggling. Being a techer is just frustation, investing a lot of your time and resources on playing a class that sega wants you to play on group content exclusively.

@Aishtha you will be pleased to learn that the moment phantom comes out techter becomes among the best casters in the game due to how fast you can vomit out high-power ilgrants and megid

it's already a powerful enough class, you just have to invest in mel power right now and people think bonking is weak for some reason despite how high its modifiers are

just because you aren't doing the kind of damage you see in curated youtube clips from some gunner landing a chain doesn't mean you're weak

@Shirokami07 Yeah, I know. I'm a techer player myself. Issue is that as strong as zanverse and shifta is, that's all you're really contributing. Your damage can't compare to a dps class and for solo content you're struggling. Being a techer is just frustation, investing a lot of your time and resources on playing a class that sega wants you to play on group content exclusively.

Just you wait for Phantom.

I tried techer. Currently solo leveling it for the 90 title. But at least compared to my other alts in a similar situation, techer bonking does quite good damage. I do use the element change thing to match enemy weakness and zanverse on bosses, though. if I have a critique of the class is that caster classes are traditionally squishy, and bonking at melee damage may be a bit on the risky side. We do have crafted nabarta, though. Or whatever was the one that gave us blocking on the spot.

@ThousandHammers Yeah, I played japan when phantom came out and I tried with with Techer. That still won't just make techer into a dps class. You're still dealing with techer trappings of being a "hybrid class". You can only do one thing at a time, either bonk or cast techs but techer's multipliers don't benefit both at the same time. Wand lovers and wand reactor do nothing to boost your tech damage, and elemental masteries doesn't help with having a wand of that specific element. Meanwhile on other classes like hunter you see that their multipliers benefit all that hunter does. Guard stance perfect parry bonus works for both attacks and PAs. Fury stance will do the same. Fighter is another case where the class works with itself, limit break being the center piece of it all and helping the fighter trigger all of its class skills at once.

Phantom will definitely help techer by having pp costs reduced to 70% and cast times reduced to 50%, and affixing PP will help you with criting more often to deal as much maximum damage as you can as well as allow you to cast for a longer period of time before having to switch to your pp battery wand, but that's not the solution that techer needs to be solo viable. The class should work with itself and then either sore up weaknesses or boost strenghts with its subclass, not rely on a specific subclass to be viable. SEGA already destroyed techer's gimmicks once when Zanverse could be increased like other techs and people abused TeSu with hyper sunlight, making zanverse get boosted to like 57% wind damage from its original 20%

PSO2 is a great game that breaks off the mold by having all classes be dps and never locking any class into a role, but they dropped the ball on techer and I just wish that someone could talk with the jp devs to have a hotfix for my baby.

Hey! I got a question I believe fit here.

I have done the Elite Test to get the Hunter Valor Emblem Ring. I also leveled it to plus 20. Is this a good judge of skills that applied to this thread topic.

@RainGnyu said in Please use an actual class setup in endgame:

I have done the Elite Test to get the Hunter Valor Emblem Ring. I also leveled it to plus 20. Is this a good judge of skills that applied to this thread topic.

Just beat Phaleg and Masq bro

@Shirokami07 said in Please use an actual class setup in endgame:

Just beat Phaleg and Masq bro

@Shirokami07 said in Please use an actual class setup in endgame:

Just beat Phaleg and Masq is the true test......ok.

Aye, my high ass gonna try and get this back on track while I still can cuz I liked this thread's previous direction. Actual advice incoming! 😄 @RainGnyu the solo Extreme quests can be a decent test of skill, however I'd recomend going thru all of them, try to live thru what expert matching unlocks where on JP. The past few days I've been relearning the Elite Training: Madness and Phantasms quest. It was a quest that originally gave me trouble in JP, and readjusting to not having the same gear over here made it more of a challenge, I either kept getting hit by deus or getting stepped on by Phaleg, I kept trying like I did with every other Solo XQ and Solo urgent. You know I don't agree with your build or some of your ideas, but I do believe from what you've already cleared you can do this. Go practice, keep clearing, it might have been an outdated XQ but I'm glad that you cleared it. Make your goal to clear stage 1-5 with an S Rank (under 15 minutes). Aim for S rank or die (what I p much always do lmao), just keep going. You've got Deus, Phaleg, Omega Hunar in there and more so be prepared!

@SuperND420 said in Please use an actual class setup in endgame:

Aye, my high ass gonna try and get this back on track while I still can cuz I liked this thread's previous direction. Actual advice incoming! 😄 @RainGnyu the solo Extreme quests can be a decent test of skill, however I'd recomend going thru all of them, try to live thru what expert matching unlocks where on JP. The past few days I've been relearning the Elite Training: Madness and Phantasms quest. It was a quest that originally gave me trouble in JP, and readjusting to not having the same gear over here made it more of a challenge, I either kept getting hit by deus or getting stepped on by Phaleg, I kept trying like I did with every other Solo XQ and Solo urgent. You know I don't agree with your build or some of your ideas, but I do believe from what you've already cleared you can do this. Go practice, keep clearing, it might have been an outdated XQ but I'm glad that you cleared it. Make your goal to clear stage 1-5 with an S Rank (under 15 minutes). Aim for S rank or die (what I p much always do lmao), just keep going. You've got Deus, Phaleg, Omega Hunar in there and more so be prepared!

I am scared!

lol just keep trying, that's what i did. when i started on jp i played on a toaster that got 10 fps average on tier 1. i said i wouldn't let it stop me. i didn't. learning things on that made me feel like anything was possible. just never give in. take breaks but never give in

The techer is a completely unloved class, it took Sega a long time just to address a few of the issues and the response was "Heavy Hammer" and essentially pigeon holed Techers into hybrid melee class that still very much underperforms against all other classes, essentially put...Sega didn't know what to do with this class, healing in the game is almost pointless because in endgame almost everything either one shots you, or you get healing heavily reduced with stage restrictions.

Basically, EP1 to EP5 Techers are basically team buffers, solo content they are well below par and endgame content they are horrendously bad, even in EP6. Phantom helps the class out alot but the class is still very much unloved especially in content like Masq and Endless.