What did they remove due to political correctness?

@MasterDarkwingz said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

By removing the bonus story, SEGA consciously lowered the ratings of PSO2.

Based on what has been said in other threads in the past is that removing the content has no effect on the ratings since it is still in the game's files. So all they really have done with that was waste their time and money since they paid to get it voiced already.

@SuperND420 said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

I think @RainGnyu is just a whiny attention addict considering this topic went into an actual structured discussion for like 3 pages before he decided to get people riled up again. Troll sighted, fire at will...

That is your personal opinion and perspective!

Last three page to me is a form of manipulation And indoctrination With predatory reflections!

@ZorokiHanuke said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

Mostly those who just want to bomb things. These people will keep showing up for this and other issues

There is a solution for this.

regardless of the bad actors, there will always be opportunities to have a proper conversation about things

Unless those bad actors get civil topics locked or even the entire subject of those topics disallowed altogether to prevent further hostility that they stirred up in the first place. If that happens those opportunities are gone.

Oh, and you missed in that list, that some basewear has been edited as well, like the added covering textures to cast female default basewear and Harriete's base clothing, while some other outfits, like a recent FF sale, were still extremely skimpy in comparison.

I thought that was just that the basewear showed the default (not Smart Inner) innerwear? I guess I heard about that one wrong. I'll add it to the list. Edit: From what I can find... Harriet Battlewear, right?

@RainGnyu said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

All of those issues fall under these codes!

No they don't. Please don't post a giant block of legalese and selectively highlight parts you think apply when parts you didn't highlight make it clear they don't. In (5) you seem to be referring to nudity but you left out part (4) whose purpose is to explain what that means and which confirms the alterations made in Episode 4 and the removal of Smart Inner do not qualify. Moreover there are other sections (e.g. "the visual depiction of serious injury to human beings, actual or virtual, including [snip] death.") which PSO2 and a ton of online games would be in gross violation of.

More to the point though, what even is this body of text? I searched its contents (amusingly the first search result was this topic) and I can only find it included in a bill from 2003, that never became law. So unless that extract made it into a separate bill that did pass, this isn't even law.

If forced to guess, my guess would be that the majority of the list was changed to be sensitive to perceived differences among a different target audience (or non-audience troublemakers). I'm sure there could be litigious reason to need to make some of the adjustments, but if it was simple compliance they could have easily informed us of that months ago when the question was first asked and that'd have put a swift and acceptable end to the matter. Please note, again, none of this paragraph says I disagree with the changes. For some of the list I personally think there was no harm done or no reason for the pre-change state.

Meanwhile I'm not going to respond to your giant copy-paste of an article which you have again not shown the relevance of.

@Miraglyth said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

Mostly those who just want to bomb things. These people will keep showing up for this and other issues

There is a solution for this.

regardless of the bad actors, there will always be opportunities to have a proper conversation about things

Unless those bad actors get civil topics locked or even the entire subject of those topics disallowed altogether to prevent further hostility that they stirred up in the first place. If that happens those opportunities are gone.

Oh, and you missed in that list, that some basewear has been edited as well, like the added covering textures to cast female default basewear and Harriete's base clothing, while some other outfits, like a recent FF sale, were still extremely skimpy in comparison.

I thought that was just that the basewear showed the default (not Smart Inner) innerwear? I guess I heard about that one wrong. I'll add it to the list.

All of those issues fall under these codes!

No they don't. Please don't post a giant ToS block and selectively highlight parts you think apply when parts you didn't highlight make it clear they don't. In (5) you seem to be referring to nudity but you left out part (4) whose purpose is to explain what that means and which confirms the alterations made in Episode 4 and the removal of Smart Inner do not qualify. Moreover there are other sections (e.g. "the visual depiction of serious injury to human beings, actual or virtual, including [snip] death.") which PSO2 and a ton of online games would be in gross violation of.

More to the point though, what even is this body of text? I searched its contents (amusingly the first search result was this topic) and I can only find it included in a bill from 2003, that never became law. So unless that extract made it into a separate bill that did pass, this isn't even law.

If forced to guess, my guess would be that the majority of the list was changed to be sensitive to perceived differences among a different target audience (or non-audience troublemakers). I'm sure there could be litigious reason to need to make some of the adjustments, but if it was simple compliance they could have easily informed us of that months ago when the question was first asked and that'd have put a swift and acceptable end to the matter. Please note, again, none of this paragraph says I disagree with the changes. For some of the list I personally think there was no harm done or no reason for the pre-change state.

Meanwhile I'm not going to respond to your giant copy-paste of an article which you have again not shown the relevance of.

I can’t because you guys will tear it apart as tho I am making certain aspects of the event as my own to fit my personal opinion.

I gave the argument from both side because this discussion isn’t new to Pso2 but in fact a long running issues addressed across the civilized world.

I'm not going to respond to your giant copy-paste of an article which you have again not shown the relevance of.

I can’t because you guys will tear it apart as tho I am making certain aspects of the event as my own to fit my personal opinion.

Attempts to explain the reason for adjustments should be welcomed, but so should scrutiny of those attempts. If they are not related or appear to refer to nonexistent law, it helps to know that.

From what I can find... Harriet Battlewear, right?

That would be the one.

@Miraglyth Yeah, Harriet wear and the cast default basewear. As for what Rain is saying, I'm finding it increasingly hard to understand. "Protect me from you and protect you from me?" What does that even mean in this context?

@Weirdo said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

That would be the one.

and the cast default basewear.

Added. Thanks both!

[REDACTED]. If I ever try to get involved in these kinds of discussions again, just slap me.

I think @RainGnyu is just a whiny attention addict considering this topic went into an actual structured discussion for like 3 pages before he decided to get people riled up again. Troll sighted, fire at will...

Last three page to me is a form of manipulation And indoctrination With predatory reflections!

No.. no... You're just either actually brainwashed, a troll, insane, 12 years old, or actually so pro censor you've literally sheltered yourself. All of which are unhealthy and toxic for these forums. This is an M Rated game with actual adults who wish to play what they downloaded, view what they were promised, and receive what they paid for. This is a lot bigger than a Fortnite bus of preteens jumping off at the next anime game to drop on console, this is a pre-established game targeted at an adult audience.

These forums are a place for the players of an M rated game to discuss it as they see fit. If you cannot understand that then you do not belong here.

Stop the meaningless posts please, all they amount to is spam.

@RainGnyu You just want a platform to speak on, go make an instagram. It's poppin. But these forums are not the place to chase your fame.

No.. no... You're just either actually brainwashed, a troll, insane, 12 years old, or actually so pro censor you've literally sheltered yourself. All of which are unhealthy and toxic for these forums. This is an M Rated game with actual adults who wish to play what they downloaded, view what they were promised, and receive what they paid for. This is a lot bigger than a Fortnite bus of preteens jumping off at the next anime game to drop on console, this is a pre-established game targeted at an adult audience.

These forums are a place for the players of an M rated game to discuss it as they see fit. If you cannot understand that then you do not belong here.

Stop the meaningless posts please, all they amount to is spam.

You not paying for anything it is a free to play game!

@RainGnyu I buy premium?? I buy AC tickets?? I buy mags and character slots?? Think before you speak please and thank you.

The game is advertised as free to play! Right or wrong!?

The game is advertised as free to play! Right or wrong!?