What did they remove due to political correctness?

@ZorokiHanuke To be fair I took a short break from the forums, because reading some of the really ridiculous mental gymnastics some have to go through to get from point A to point B, were killing my brain cells, and I need those to get though life, lol. Mental health is important, and these forums have a drain effect on me, especially when obvious trolls are beimg left unchecked by the GM's because said trolls skirt the rules, but never exactly break them. So I had no idea he's been doing the dame thing elsewhere.

@Anarchy-Marine I'm usually a man of patience, or by my dead ancestors I try to be. I try my best to listen and not block people. I try to be gentle and understanding to even people others see as trolls and to people with completely different points of view than mine. But I also have a line that when crossed, sends me directly to the block button. And they crossed it. Now I see they are STILL to this day firing from the same ammo pool. So I feel that block back then was a good decision for the peace of my mind.

Anyway, not going to derail with stuff about persons. This thread is not about that, but about a subject. And those with different opinions should be invited to post and debate as well, as these shouldn't be echo chambers.

@YagyuChan said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

@ApollosAmour said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

@Scerms77 said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

I dont get why we have to go and on and on and on AGAIN....

Nothing better to do lol These threads only go on because of boredom and alts stoking the flames.

Tbh I have moved on from this argument since we will never get an official response (Might do in another 8 years of the original thread) but if people want to say stuff I am more than happy to let my mind be spoken as I have done. Mainly I just hang around to help people with their problems and conduct productive and friendly discussion.

Yeah, same. I mainly show up to joke around or make small talk. Now that there's reason for suspicion that a good amount of the people keeping the topic alive are the same person, it all seems like baiting.

@Anarchy-Marine said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

@ZorokiHanuke To be fair I took a short break from the forums, because reading some of the really ridiculous mental gymnastics some have to go through to get from point A to point B, were killing my brain cells, and I need those to get though life, lol. Mental health is important, and these forums have a drain effect on me, especially when obvious trolls are beimg left unchecked by the GM's because said trolls skirt the rules, but never exactly break them. So I had no idea he's been doing the dame thing elsewhere.

Tell me about it lol It was exhausting when the threads were at their peak.

@Scerms77 said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

I dont get why we have to go and on and on and on AGAIN....

Literally bait threads from what I can tell. We have several threads discussing these issues. It just makes PSO2 look bad from an outsider perspective. You go check the forums and see repeat threads of "Why you censor Sega?" and "Sega plz no censor". It is as if there is nothing else to discuss regarding the game. It always ends with a "Oh well censorship sucks we should suggest they remove it" which we have a whole form sub-section for and a very active thread already created.

For those curious how well that thread has done, after like 70+ pages a GM responded and said "We'll forward your feedback" and that was it.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed It's a small group of people that have been purged from the reddit and steam forums coming here to vent because it's the last place that allows discussion on it.

There's people that just don't like censorship or heavier handed localization and I get that. But they're not the ones keeping it alive. It's the ones that treat this subject as a lifestyle (if you know what I mean) that are doing that.

It sounds paranoid, but I have no doubt that OP is just another alt baiting like you said.

It feels inevitable that this will get locked in the end. I like the forums but this part of it is so frustrating sometimes. I want to discuss or debate, to reach understanding with opposite viewpoints and then we get troll bait. Oh well, that’s the internet for you.

Debate......the thread topic is not set up for a debate platform. The OP has or had a specific agenda and a debate wasn’t it.

Nor do we have objective moderator.

@RainGnyu said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

The OP has or had a specific agenda and a debate wasn’t it.

The use of "political correctness" in the title makes that pretty obvious yes. But let's not pretend yourself and ApollosAmour don't have the opposite agenda. When neither of you answer basic questions or own up to being called out on baiting, you're not fooling anyone.

@Miraglyth said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

The use of "political correctness" in the title makes that pretty obvious yes. But let's not pretend yourself and ApollosAmour don't have the opposite agenda. When neither of you answer basic questions or own up to being called out on baiting, you're not fooling anyone.

Nothing to debate because Sega has already censored the content. You guy’s are trying to turn this subject issue into a slave to Raven debate and the out come that followed. I understand how you guys believe the two are one in the same. But I am here to negate your attempts and right now those who are on the side of proper moral content for a free to play game............are winning! Now if this game becomes subscription base then you would have a strong case strong debate Platform for non-censorship. But as it stands now as long as this game is free to play the story line content is censored and height restriction is proper. This is a war (debate) you not going to win. Why because this issues is a lot older than the slave to Raven issue and both have been resolved.

You lost the debate and you still standing at the mic 🎤 as they turning off the lights.

Nothing to debate because Sega has already censored the content. You guy’s are trying to turn this subject issue into a slave to Raven debate and...

Pay attention for once: I don't care. Raven is a name with no item description context and as far as I'm concerned the name can stay that way since it's the item description that's more important to me. Names change in localisation, and an obsoleted weapon series has way less significance to the series than the translator's choice to use Alis Landale (both PSI) and Lutz (PSII and PSIV) instead of other possibilities offered by previous official translations like Alisa (PSIII) Landeel (PSU) and Noah (PSI). You will notice I've not even complained about those (nor do I see reason to).

What I do care about is people like you barging into topics and making false statements about this definitely being Sega's decision (we don't know) or about other games like the Tales series having content-adjustment toggle systems (they do not and everybody knows it). These are incorrect. You are wrong. And when called out on it, you retreat to attacking other users' motives as if your own aren't exposed as heavily questionable by this behaviour. All this accomplishes is to make these forums a worse and less constructive place to be in.

@Miraglyth said in What did they remove due to political correctness?:

Nothing to debate because Sega has already censored the content. You guy’s are trying to turn this subject issue into a slave to Raven debate and the out come that followed. I understand how you guys believe the two are one in the same. But I am here to negate your attempts and right now those who are on the side of proper moral content for a free to play game............are winning! Now if this game becomes subscription base then you would have a strong case strong debate Platform for non-censorship. But as it stands now as long as this game is free to play the story line content is censored and height restriction is proper. This is a war (debate) you not going to win. Why because this issues is a lot older than the slave to Raven issue and both have been resolved.

You lost the debate and you still standing at the mic 🎤 as they turning off the lights.

you sound ridiculous and sheltered as usual. interesting how many pages this go to tho.

Also technically it doesn't have to start as a debate , it can turn into one when ideas are presented.

also stop all these emojis ain't cute lol

Last post on this thread because this is getting old.

Rain, your fine sensibilities and strong moral compass you’ve got going on are growing tiresome. You’re not a hero, SEGA doesn’t care. From your old replies, you’ve got some hangups about nudity and sex as a whole and that’s fine, I sometimes do too. But you’re not on some silly quest to purge the forum of everything you find indecent. We’re not enemies here, we’re just players like you. The way you blow up every single thread you don’t like is simply counterproductive. Are you that sheltered IRL? Do you get upset at things you don’t agree with and try to have them removed? I really don’t understand. You don’t own the forum, the mods or the game. You don’t decide what can be said or not.

@RainGnyu This isn't a war and there are no enemies here.

Did you guy ever read the first pages of the thread posts? Did you guy noticed who and which people set the tone of the conversations. Just read the Original poster comments after his or her initial opening Thread post.