The game is dying

I know they have a precise realese schedule in mind but i think the should anticipate the release of divide quests and ep 6, most of the player base has left and those who remained can't play because of that, and if the situation persist many won't even bother touching the game until NG releases

Two things. First. If the game dies, there are plenty of other games out there to move to. So no danger to gaming if one game dies. It just means people have preferences and are using that to decide what leaves and what stays. Second. I still haven't had any problems getting public parties, and the game seems doing rather ok for what kind of audience it's aimed at (This isn't aimed at competitive PVPers, which I'm pretty sure are the massively biggest consumer base in the west). And I bet NG, being pretty much the same thing with just nicer visuals and a bigger area to run about, will most likely be exactly the same in terms of users.

So, yeah. Let's let the stuff roll and see where we end up. It's not like this game is accepting any big change ideas from players, anyway, with all that on rails update to JP version and all that.

@Koga said in The game is dying:

I know they have a precise realese schedule in mind but i think the should anticipate the release of divide quests and ep 6, most of the player base has left and those who remained can't play because of that, and if the situation persist many won't even bother touching the game until NG releases

Any source on the game "dying"? Steamdb states playercount is currently at 5,023 (this is just counting Steam users). Not great as it's all time peak but players leaving MMOs over time happens. Personally I think a lot of people dropped it due to NGS being announced that and well.... the fact this game is a few years too late coming over here. Compared to other free MMOs in the market that beat it over here, PSO2 has little to offer that the competitors don't.

Is this the start of the game being alive but people saying the game is dead basing everything off one server?

I mean the current argument of "can't play" isn't even valid. Equipment is easier than ever to get, even with RNG out of the equation.

I don’t think the game is dying, I’ve sat on sinking boats before and this doesn’t feel like one of them yet. Everywhere I go I can find players, maps and lobbies alike. Sure it’s not brimming in every corner at all hours but a lot of games are like that.

No, it's not dying.

PSO2 has always been a game of high times and low times.

Every big update the playerbase bursts up and then goes lower and lower.

It's just how games are.

Because everyone else is waiting for NGS.

dying? but I find players everywhere hell sometimes is hard to find a place with no one, sure some modes are dead but that is common to happen in every single MMO

I've had no issues joining/making parties to do everything, from Expeditions to Urgent Quests, Busters, Advanced....don't have a problem at all. Well, I've had to wait about 10 for the PvP portions, but considering I've only gone in there once to check it out, that's not my problem.

I have a feeling it's far from dying.

I believe that the game is FAR from dead. Theoricatically speaking, You however, may be Jaded, in a sense where you did nothing but binge play the game and rush to attain a certain level. But, did you enjoy any of it?

bots... blame those. . . also blame Segas brain dead team for not attempting to properly try to fix it... lets not get started on the BOOM BOOM BOOM Bots.

remember when B 1 - 3 used to be always always full? lol sometimes even 1 - 5 would be packed. now its laughable.

The game is definitely losing players fast, new modes that were just released have very little players despite being new to global. Even during prime time the modes aren't very populated.

Im kinda suprised they don't do cross server quests. That way people can find others to do what they want to do like ultimates bewitched woods ect

I've been in dying games. PSO2 is nowhere near the end of it's life. Players are everywhere. Now some of the content is in decline just cause it's not "new" anymore and some players are waiting for EP6 or New Genesis to come out to pick back up. Still a small decline is nowhere near dead.

@NotWhoUThink The chance of failure is a massive detriment i'm sure.

Also, if someone finds me a single MMO forum where they DON'T have "the game is dying" thread once a week/month (depending on how long there was from the latest update) then we have all witnessed a miracle.