Personal Shop Items Not Found Unless You Browse It And Find It Manually

personal shop items not found unless you browse it and find it manually im guessing this has to do with the games cache is there a way that it wont delete item cache found in personal shop so all shop items wont be gone if i search it?

Not that I know of, sadly. Just gotta keep track of things you want that might get old/get wiped from your cache manually, but item names seem to stick around in the cache for a month+ for me at least.

@Akonyl wish they give a option not to delete them tho this is just sad

Presumably the cache is to avoid clogging the item search suggestions with items players saw 4+ years ago and neither care about nor can afford.

It is a nuisance, yes. If you forget how an item that's disappeared from the cache is spelled, you have to copy and paste it from a website or chat group into the game. It's a bit of a nuisance.

Yeah, I get that it's likely to avoid bloat, but it feels like there should really be an option to toggle a full list search that you can opt into.

It's especially bad when new non-cosmetic items come out that you can't just search a scratch prize list for. I wouldn't have even known "Add S#: Blah" S-ability affix items existed yet from Endless if an alliance member hadn't mentioned them and I went into the shop's miscellaneous->item lab/crafting/triggers section and searched for items costing 20mil+ to see them and populate my cache.

The system feels incredibly dated and clunky, surely there’s a better solution than this. I’ve never had this problem on ffxiv or any game for that matter, really. Add more search options so people can narrow it down if they don’t want to see the clutter.

@Milk said in Personal Shop Items Not Found Unless You Browse It And Find It Manually:

The system feels incredibly dated and clunky, surely there’s a better solution than this. I’ve never had this problem on ffxiv or any game for that matter, really. Add more search options so people can narrow it down if they don’t want to see the clutter.

Yeah.... I get it is a game from 2012 but you figure this would be something they could possibly adjust or update.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Personal Shop Items Not Found Unless You Browse It And Find It Manually:

Yeah.... I get it is a game from 2012 but you figure this would be something they could possibly adjust or update.

The japanese version had already allowed for partial searching (without needing to use the partial matching search) prior to Matter Boards being removed. The cache on partial matching in NA is lower than the Japanese version for no reason at all. Though the reasoning behind it may be attributed to item names being longer in English. But considering this game RUNS IN 64-BIT, it's unlikely that's the case (the below is on a 64-bit windows, if PSO2 was running in 32-bit it would say such):

alt text

Since the cache would theoretically be 18446744073709551616 lines long or so. (As per me comparing it to SQL Table rows.)