Wondering about the Tokyo BGM

Anyone know what the BGM of the Tokyo Expedition, Bonus Quest Silver/Gold is, and if its a music disk you can get in-game?

This is one of the BGMs that might be a fun one to have for PQs and AQs.

Tokyo Daytime is called Zero G ~ The Earth~. Tokyo Night is Realization ~ The Earth ~. I don't know if discs exist in-game :(. I hope they do. Tokyo is my favorite expedition almost because of these songs. Hopefully Ultra Hard comes soon so I can enjoy it at a proper difficulty.

Good question, Arks. I'll let the team know that this is desired, if it is not already available.

We need it.

@GM-Deynger said in Wondering about the Tokyo BGM:

Good question, Arks. I'll let the team know that this is desired, if it is not already available.

It's not. In-game, these discs have the description PSO2 #129 and PSO2 #130.

From what I can find, it was only available on the JP server as an in-game bonus for the physical music disc Phantasy Star Online 2 OST Volume 5.

The bonuses for these OST discs don't really have a replacement source in Global. This is why the Mother's Disciples SG scratch has Mother Battle 2nd half but not 1st half, which a similar bonus from OST Volume 6.

Rather than ask for two specific tracks, it's probably a good idea to make this a broader point about giving Global an alternative source for all OST bonus tracks as they account for 76 of the in-game discs on JP. The first 26 of these from Volumes 1-3 have reappeared on limited-time sales in their Treasure Shop (generally 500,000 meseta per disc) but we don't have that either.

@LazerRay CD original sound track vol.5 disk1 m1 Zero-G (The Earth ~Original), m2 Zero-G (interlude), disk2 m1 Realization (The Earth ~ Scenery), m2 Realization (The Earth ~ Battle), bonus disk m7~m13 Zero-G other version

playing this music when driving tokyo highway, my fav

@Miraglyth said in Wondering about the Tokyo BGM:

it's probably a good idea to make this a broader point about giving Global an alternative source for all OST bonus tracks

Actually I have another simpler idea - Why not sell these OSTs globally? There's official Sega Shop online stores in the US and Canada, UK, Europe and probably others.

Separately, a digital collection (with image versions of the physical sheet contents) would be easier to distribute internationally. To an extent it might even be doable with existing channels; Steam at least has special categorisation for digital soundtracks that Sega already use for Two Point Hospital and Endless Space and the latter has multiple volumes like PSO2. Though if such purchases couldn't generate unique visiphone codes (if that's how they work for in-game bonus discs) it might be easier to just provide a digital purchase option on a more direct channel.

Anyone know the Trick or Treat BGM by any chance?

If I recall, isn't that particular track from Space Channel 5?

@DishSoap said in Wondering about the Tokyo BGM:

This Is My Happiness (Tom Jones A-Go Go Mix) from Space Channel 5, previously used in Phantasy Star Universe's Club lobby area that was only open on Global during one or two events and otherwise blocked off (and iirc never accessible in the offline mode).

There is a music disc for it, coded SC5 #01. My understanding is it has been a FUN Scratch prize on JP, and we have not seen it yet so it is likely to be a future FUN scratch prize on Global potentially alongside two other Space Channel 5 discs.

@Miraglyth Thanks for the info! I've really been looking for that track, but I couldn't find it.

@Miraglyth said in Wondering about the Tokyo BGM:

@DishSoap said in Wondering about the Tokyo BGM:

This Is My Happiness (Tom Jones A-Go Go Mix) from Space Channel 5,

I read that a few times now. Can you tell why its called Tom Jones mix? I mean Tom Jones didnt sing that song,did he?!

@Scerms77 said in Wondering about the Tokyo BGM:

I read that a few times now. Can you tell why its called Tom Jones mix? I mean Tom Jones didnt sing that song,did he?!

Nope lol. A couple minutes of research says the vocalist was Tetsuo Yoshida. But it's often referred to as a Tom Jones soundalike song by fans who don't even know of the remix name so it seems they did a good job of making probably more the musical style than the lyrics sound similar to several of Jones' tracks from the late 60s.