I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@coldreactive said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@coldreactive said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Gotta get a PC with an SSD and a high-end CPU with decent RAM. There are no loading screens for me.

I wish there weren't any load screens for me using this computer:

https://www.amazon.com/Flagship-FX705GM-Display-i7-8750H-Keyboard/dp/B005AKPSKC

The only drive it has is an NVme SSD. Unlike some laptops, this one has a Desktop CPU and GPU.

I'm not even using that high end of an SSD but with this setup I have 0 loadscreens whatsoever

3685442d-e0d9-48da-8019-22273589ab15-image.png

Your CPU is two gens ahead of mine, obviously. (My GPU is a standard nvidia 1060. My memory is half as much as yours, and DDR3.)

With so many things that can effect load time, I wonder why they never designed these with the clock stopping during loading screens in the first place. These things have very strict time limits, and if for whatever reason you can’t get near instant loading, you get out at a massive disadvantage and have very little chance of managing to finish

how would that work with 4 people? you'd be able to game the system unless everyone exited on their own time. Solo it'd still be sketchy since it'd give you more time to analyze the field you get (most loading-in detections wait until you make the first mouse/keyboard movement/etc.) It seems like interval zones were kind of made with this in mind though.

Well for multiple players, they could stop the time stop as soon as the first player entered the loading zone, and start as soon as the first person leaves the loading screen. If you’ve got someone who loads slower this is still going to hurt them, but is better than what we have now, and would stop people from gaming the system. Is their no way they can detect when someone has finished loading without inputs from a controller or keyboard?

Edit: or they could have it like how they have it at the start, where the entire block loads but the time doesn’t start till everyone his the telporter. Then just have the time stop when the last enemy is killed, and have that for each block. Would mean they would need to adjust the times, and add in those start areas into each block, but it would completely eliminate any issue with loading, or people trying to game the system

@YagyuChan said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

I have a capable computer and it loads the game in like 5-7 seconds without issues on the SSD also connection is an influencing factor for load times too. 🙂

It's mostly connection.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Gotta get a PC with an SSD and a high-end CPU with decent RAM. There are no loading screens for me.

I wish there weren't any load screens for me using this computer:

https://www.amazon.com/Flagship-FX705GM-Display-i7-8750H-Keyboard/dp/B005AKPSKC

The only drive it has is an NVme SSD. Unlike some laptops, this one has a Desktop CPU and GPU.

I'm not even using that high end of an SSD but with this setup I have 0 loadscreens whatsoever

3685442d-e0d9-48da-8019-22273589ab15-image.png

Your CPU is two gens ahead of mine, obviously. (My GPU is a standard nvidia 1060. My memory is half as much as yours, and DDR3.)

With so many things that can effect load time, I wonder why they never designed these with the clock stopping during loading screens in the first place. These things have very strict time limits, and if for whatever reason you can’t get near instant loading, you get out at a massive disadvantage and have very little chance of managing to finish

how would that work with 4 people? you'd be able to game the system unless everyone exited on their own time. Solo it'd still be sketchy since it'd give you more time to analyze the field you get (most loading-in detections wait until you make the first mouse/keyboard movement/etc.) It seems like interval zones were kind of made with this in mind though.

Well for multiple players, they could stop the time stop as soon as the first player entered the loading zone, and start as soon as the first person leaves the loading screen. If you’ve got someone who loads slower this is still going to hurt them, but is better than what we have now, and would stop people from gaming the system. Is their no way they can detect when someone has finished loading without inputs from a controller or keyboard?

Edit: or they could have it like how they have it at the start, where the entire block loads but the time doesn’t start till everyone his the telporter. Then just have the time stop when the last enemy is killed, and have that for each block. Would mean they would need to adjust the times, and add in those start areas into each block, but it would completely eliminate any issue with loading, or people trying to game the system

the last suggestion would add an extra layer of time to an already lengthy game mode if you min-max it properly. especially if you have to wait for the 3 2 1 counter each time, etc.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

It doesn’t need to be full count down like at the interval zones, they only need to be long enough for people who load slower to get into the block and then the countdown. So let’s say 15 seconds at most including the countdown , work that out over 70 blocks equals 17:30mins.

Now if you’re trying to get to the end anyway you are going to be their for a couple of hours anyway, an extra 17 mins seems like a decent trade off to make sure everyone gets at equal shot at getting to the end. This extra time is only going to affect people that have no loading time, anyone that needs that extra time to get through the loading screen, their run time is going to be the same, cause that’s how long it would take for them anyway.

While it would suck for people that are lucky enough to have instant loading, I still feel this would be a far better solution than what we have atm, where you have an entire platform unable to ever really compete in the later stages especially in solo, and even if you do play on pc you still need the right setup and a low ping to get those no loading screens. So all in all I feel far more people would benefit from it, than the ones who would have to spend a few extra minutes doing a run.

The only other option that I can see is for them just to stop the clock during the loading screen, but has you said that can be gamed if it goes off inputs to know when you’ve exited a loading screen. Though I would say this isn’t a very big deal, cause even though the block order is random the spawns are not, once you’ve run them enough you k ow where everything is as soon as you load in, so the need to game an advantage quickly goes away from sheer repetition of the run.

An interesting issue, Arks. I'll bring this up to the team for investigation. Thank you!

@GM-Deynger said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

An interesting issue, Arks. I'll bring this up to the team for investigation. Thank you!

That’s awesome, thanks you for this. Like I said I’m really enjoying these runs, it just sucks losing so much time to loading cause of the platform I play on.

Same issue for me.

Playing on xbox, the loading... also bought an ssd for this game and it didnt help much (a little) but any help is good. After a long session I get to a point where I have little naps every time I change zone (literally). I put off trips to quarters and such until really necessary. Also I have to avoid heavily populated blocks the stutter/freeze is too much cant use menus very well etc.

But yes the timer still ticking during timed things is the crucial impact on gameplay.

New xbox in a week or so though 🙂

(That all said its still playable and fine as long as tolerate the load times and avoid heavily populated blocks, the only setting that seemed to matter for me was drop max number character models down to around 20-22 or so)

@Doom-Smack said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Same issue for me.

Playing on xbox, the loading... also bought an ssd for this game and it didnt help much (a little) but any help is good. After a long session I get to a point where I have little naps every time I change zone (literally). I put off trips to quarters and such until really necessary. Also I have to avoid heavily populated blocks the stutter/freeze is too much cant use menus very well etc.

But yes the timer still ticking during timed things is the crucial impact on gameplay.

(That all said its still playable and fine as long as tolerate the load times and avoid heavily populated blocks, the only setting that seemed to matter for me was drop max number character models down to around 20-22 or so)

on xbox you'd also need to upgrade the CPU and RAM speeds in addition to SSD to help with loading.

@Doom-Smack said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Same issue for me.

on xbox you'd also need to upgrade the CPU and RAM speeds in addition to SSD to help with loading.

It's based more on connection than hardware.

I moved from an old ass intel with 4gb RAM DDR3 to 16GB 3200mhz DDR4 with R5 3600 OC'd to 4.2, changed the HDD for SSD and now I have a 2080ti and the loading times are the same as always because I live far as hell from the servers.

@Shirokami07 said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Same issue for me.

I moved from an old ass intel with 4gb RAM DDR3 to 16GB 3200mhz DDR4 with R5 3600 OC'd to 4.2, changed the HDD for SSD and now I have a 2080ti and the loading times are the same as always because I live far as hell from the servers.

you can't make use of higher RAM speed without a proper CPU to go with it.

@Shirokami07 said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Same issue for me.

you can't make use of higher RAM speed without a proper CPU to go with it.

I have R5 3600.

Again I repeat. It is a connection issue, not just hardware. And if I had to put a magnitude into it, it'd be 20% hardware 80% connection. Going from max settings at 2k resolution to the lowest possible graphical settings has the exact same loading time. It varies in miliseconds on the worst cases.

fyi, loading screens are heavily tied to FPS. xbox is locked so that's why loading screens are trash. using tweaker and setting it to 90/120/uncapped will greatly increase it.

a. that might explain some stuff. with TITAN RTX I can pull 240-280 FPS often. (well, I FPS cap all games at 280 since that's the limit of my monitor too)

a. that might explain some stuff. with TITAN RTX I can pull 240-280 FPS often. (well, I FPS cap all games at 280 since that's the limit of my monitor too)

If I lower my resolution to 1080 I get around 210-240FPS with 2080ti and the load times are the very same as before.

If I lower my resolution to 1080 I get around 210-240FPS with 2080ti and the load times are the very same as before.

again, that has nothing to do with the load time, lol. CPU/RAM/SSD. And well yeah, of course connection because if you never connect you'll never load in.