I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score

I’m an Xbox one X player, and I’ve put my console in 1080p mode, I’ve brought an ssd and put my game on it, and nothing has made a difference. I’m constantly 6-8 seconds slower every time I go through a block, and this seems to be a thing for anyone playing on xbox. Now we’ve got these heavily timed runs, which are a lot of fun, but these loading times are just killing my score especially in solo. I have no idea if theirs anything else I can do to speed up my loading time, I don’t even understand why it’s so much slower on Xbox, or why the ssd made hardly any difference? Or is it possible that Sega can do an update where the timer is frozen while you’re going through a loading screen? At least for solo, I get that would pro be hard to do if you have multiple players doing the same run.

Sega and Microsoft team up to force you to buy the new Xbox . 🙂

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I've been going through the same thing on the base Xbox 1 and it makes me hesitant to pug as I know I'm hurting the group (all else equal). I ran my first Rondo pug last night and we made it to the second interval safe zone with literally 0s left on the clock. We easily could've missed it and the cumulative 100s or so of lost dmg from my character (across 10 zones) would've been one reason why.

But man, I'm really surprised to hear that a SSD hasn't helped! I've seen that help PS4 ppl loading menus and maps on other games I play (e.g. Destiny 2) and would've guessed the same would be true here. Personally, I've tried lowering some of the settings that increase performance (e.g. removed shadows), but I haven't seen a difference in load times between zones either. However, it seems to have helped with lag in some of the new UQs; in particular, I was losing frames against Omega Luther and that seems to have stopped.

I don't know about you, but I feel like the lag got worse with Ep 4 and then again with Ep 5. It honestly makes me nervous about the ability of the old consoles to handle NGS...

And I'd be very much in favor of stopping the timer between zones, at least during solo runs, and it'd be great if this extended to timers on abilities too (e.g. it's almost impossible to carry over katana combat into a new zone which factors into decision making near the end of a zone).

this is less about the consoles not being able to handle the game and more that PSO2 was not developed for Xbox system so is not optimized for the console and ends up giving some issues like those with bigger load times, stuttering and anything else related to performance in the Xbox, so if the SSD didn't change the loading times than the loading problem is less being related to data transfer to the main CPU and more that the CPU is not being able to handle the spaghetti code of the game.

@Jamesmor Thanks for the info! As a non-techy that's good to know and gives me more hope for NGS playing nicer with Xbox.

Gotta get a PC with an SSD and a high-end CPU with decent RAM. There are no loading screens for me.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Gotta get a PC with an SSD and a high-end CPU with decent RAM. There are no loading screens for me.

I wish there weren't any load screens for me using this computer:

https://www.amazon.com/Flagship-FX705GM-Display-i7-8750H-Keyboard/dp/B005AKPSKC

The only drive it has is an NVme SSD. Unlike some laptops, this one has a Desktop CPU and GPU.

@coldreactive said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

The only drive it has is an NVme SSD. Unlike some laptops, this one has a Desktop CPU and GPU.

I'm not even using that high end of an SSD but with this setup I have 0 loadscreens whatsoever

3685442d-e0d9-48da-8019-22273589ab15-image.png

@coldreactive said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

I'm not even using that high end of an SSD but with this setup I have 0 loadscreens whatsoever

Your CPU is two gens ahead of mine, obviously. (My GPU is a standard nvidia 1060. My memory is half as much as yours, and DDR3.)

Even with a top tier SSD, ping highly increases "loading" screens. The loading is the fast part, establishing the connection? Not so fast.

@Rang-Dipkin said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I've been going through the same thing on the base Xbox 1 and it makes me hesitant to pug as I know I'm hurting the group (all else equal). I ran my first Rondo pug last night and we made it to the second interval safe zone with literally 0s left on the clock. We easily could've missed it and the cumulative 100s or so of lost dmg from my character (across 10 zones) would've been one reason why.

But man, I'm really surprised to hear that a SSD hasn't helped! I've seen that help PS4 ppl loading menus and maps on other games I play (e.g. Destiny 2) and would've guessed the same would be true here. Personally, I've tried lowering some of the settings that increase performance (e.g. removed shadows), but I haven't seen a difference in load times between zones either. However, it seems to have helped with lag in some of the new UQs; in particular, I was losing frames against Omega Luther and that seems to have stopped.

I don't know about you, but I feel like the lag got worse with Ep 4 and then again with Ep 5. It honestly makes me nervous about the ability of the old consoles to handle NGS...

And I'd be very much in favor of stopping the timer between zones, at least during solo runs, and it'd be great if this extended to timers on abilities too (e.g. it's almost impossible to carry over katana combat into a new zone which factors into decision making near the end of a zone).

Yeah the extra load time is a huge problem one that one gets worse the further you get in. I believe recollection has 70 stages an extra 6-8 seconds of loading each time means by the end you be lost between 7mins and 9 mins 20 seconds in loading time. You only get 9 mins at the start, so you basically have no chance of ever finishing cause of the platform we play on, which is a huge problem.

The SSD has helped in some aspects the menus when you first start the game up load much faster, and I have far less Lobby stuttering even in busy blocks, but when it comes to block loading it’s made very marginal difference if any.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

@Rang-Dipkin said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

Yeah the extra load time is a huge problem one that one gets worse the further you get in. I believe recollection has 70 stages an extra 6-8 seconds of loading each time means by the end you’ve lost between 7mins and 9 mins 20 seconds in loading time. You only get 9 mins at the start, so you basically have no chance of ever finishing cause of the platform we play on, which is a huge problem.

The SSD has helped in some aspects the menus when you first start the game up load much faster, and I have far less Lobby stuttering even in busy blocks, but when it comes to block loading it’s made very marginal difference if any.

Your CPU is two gens ahead of mine, obviously. (My GPU is a standard nvidia 1060. My memory is half as much as yours, and DDR3.)

With so many things that can effect load time, I wonder why they never designed these with the clock stopping during loading screens in the first place. These things have very strict time limits, and if for whatever reason you can’t get near instant loading, you get out at a massive disadvantage and have very little chance of managing to finish

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in I’m really enjoying these endless quests, but these loading times are killing my score:

With so many things that can effect load time, I wonder why they never designed these with the clock stopping during loading screens in the first place. These things have very strict time limits, and if for whatever reason you can’t get near instant loading, you get out at a massive disadvantage and have very little chance of managing to finish

how would that work with 4 people? you'd be able to game the system unless everyone exited on their own time. Solo it'd still be sketchy since it'd give you more time to analyze the field you get (most loading-in detections wait until you make the first mouse/keyboard movement/etc.) It seems like interval zones were kind of made with this in mind though.

I have a capable computer and it loads the game in like 5-7 seconds without issues on the SSD also connection is an influencing factor for load times too. 🙂