Change The Prices of Certain AC Items That Don't Make Sense

I've thought this for a long time, but the prices of some of these AC items don't make sense when compared to the alternatives. I'd like to suggest that the prices be reduced, and everyone who's bought them be refunded that value in AC. I'd also like to mention that I've spent $200 in this game and would actually buy these other things if I considered the prices fair.

Original Prices:

• Character Storage Expansion (50) - 800 AC
  • Additional Auxiliary Pass - 300 AC
  • Mag Reset Device - 500 AC
  • Character Name Change - 1500 AC
  • Player ID Change Permit - 3000 AC

Alternatives:

- Mag Ticket - 300 AC

- Character Creation Permit - 500 AC | Includes:

• 300 Character Storage Slots
  • Auxiliary
  • Mag

Suggested Changes:

• Mag Reset Device - 100 AC
  • Character Storage Expansion (50) - 100 AC
  • Auxiliary - 100 AC
  • Character Name Change - 100 AC
  • Player ID Change Permit - 500 AC

Reasons:

• First, with a Mag Ticket (which is more versatile as you could use one for another stat) being less expensive than a Mag Reset Device, why would anyone buy the reset device? Therefore, lowering the Mag Reset Device to 100 AC would solve that, and likely convince some people to buy it.
  • Another character comes with 300 storage slots for 500 AC, yet a Character Storage Expansion (50) costs 800 AC for just 50 slots, and another character has even more benefits that further make it a better value. Though, just based on this one aspect 500 AC = 300 slots, so reduced down is to 100 AC = 60 slots. Therefore, a good compromise would be the 100 AC for Character Storage Expansion (50). I'd expect at this price, people would max out their character storage for all their characters.
  • Similarly, another character also comes with an Auxiliary, though with the other benefits of another character, I think it would be more fair to price this at 100 AC.
  • Both the Character Name Change, and the Player ID Change Permit are just exorbitant, in my opinion. And if someone really wanted to, and didn't mind starting over, they could just delete their character or account and make a new name that way.

Other Opinions:

• We need replacements for the free 200 Slot OTP Storage, and free 100 Slot PSO2es Storage, just rename them.
  • Rename Material Storage and allow Consumables, Discs, Furnishings, Misc, and maybe even Cosmetics. At the very least, allow Misc and Pet items in, as most of them are only used as materials for Crafting, Weapon/Unit Grinding/Augmenting, or raising Pets. Also, allow Discs, Keys, Weapon Camos, and Outfits to stack.
  • AC & SG Scratch are way too expensive. 1 random item from AC Scratch for 200 AC ($2 USD) or SG Scratch 80 SG ($4 USD), and some outfits are in 3 parts as Layered Wear, it's just too high a price, in my opinion. I think they should both be reduced to $1 each, as well as have a much higher value bundle. The current AC Scratch bundle is 12 AC Scratch Tickets costing 2200 AC, but at the proposed price it would cost 1100 AC. Then, to apply another game's model (Overwatch) here, the added bundles would equate to 2200 AC for 26 Scratches, and 4400 AC for 66 Scratches. Another thing that Overwatch and a lot of other games do is give a lootbox (AC/SG Scratch in terms of PSO2) every level, though early levels in this game are very quick, but it might be good if it was per Level Cap Bonus. Yes, this game allows buying items from other players, but that has a limited supply, and will eventually run out, then a revival scratch may or may never come. We've only had one revival so far. Of course, it didn't have all the items, though in a way that's also good, since it didn't get clogged with all the filler colors of outfits. But, based on the history of PSO2 JP's revivals, some take years to come back and others never do. Overwatch and Monster Hunter World both have their limited time items cycle back annually, as well as during an anniversary event.
  • Ragol Pack 2, and the Hero and Heroine Packs, should've maintained the value of the previous Ragol Pack, and Sonic Pack, respectively, with 1500 AC in the Ragol Pack 2 and 5000-7500 AC for the Hero/Heroine Packs (the Sonic Pack is such a great value).
  • Finally, when doing AC Shop Sales please stop pricing in boosters, scape dolls, or keys. If you want to sell those, make them separate or actually a free bonus. Please, put out the 500 AC Inventory Expansion (10) and Mag Ticket bundle, not 650 AC.

I think some of these would be really nice.

As it is, I feel like storage/inventory amounts especially have been a huge issue as we keep getting more items at a faster rate and yet there's been no free increase since the game started beyond the material storage which feels way too expensive with how little SG we get. I really feel like it should be part of Premium.

I agree, it would be better if Material Storage was part of Premium. Or if Material and the 5 Extended Storages were all permanent rather than just 30-90 days.

I agree with most of this. There’s just certain things in this game I outright refuse to buy or buy sparingly.

It’s kind of inexcusable that Premium doesn’t get Extended or Material storage already, it really comes off as stingy when so many F2P games give this with their Premium option.

Not to mention some storage you buy is monthly, you don’t get to keep it. Why would I pay that when I can buy twelve characters and store my stuff forever? The only storage I’ve ever paid for is inventory, as I get to keep it. I’ve bought it for most of my alts now and I see it as a better value than extended storage.

I think the AC scratch prices are fine, $2 to play is reasonable and on par with many game’s prices. They also sweeten the deal with those bonus tickets if you have rotten luck and you can get some neat exclusive items. My only complaint is why isn’t there any generosity when it comes to their customers buying AC in bulk? They really can’t throw their customers a bone when they buy $100 at a time? It just looks kind of cheap. An extra 300AC for spending $100 is just laughable. Would $3 really entice you to spend $100 in any other store?

SG is absurdly overpriced. I’ve bought SG exactly one time for an outfit. I don’t plan to buy any again.

I think the mag prices are fine, same with character creation and name change.

The majority of my purchases have been AC scratch and I’ve maxed out all characters I can make.

Yeah, the AC bulk discount is ridiculous, and the SG costs are too high. I don't have an issue with the actual Mag price, my issue is that the Mag Reset Device costs $2 more than a whole new Mag, why? Also, I forgot to mention that I think it's extremely unfair that if you delete a paid character, then attempt to recreate it, it asks you to pay again, because they're not selling character slots, but rather a one-time Character Creation Permit.

Yeah that one confuses me a bit, with the reset you don’t get to just allot your mag levels like a skill reset so it makes no sense why someone wouldn’t just buy another mag, there’s no advantage to the reset.

I don’t mind the character slot thing only because it’s $5 for one, if they charged as much as a character slot in other games I’d have a problem with it.

I don't really have an issue with Material Storage costing SG now there are renewable SG sources that outpace its cost enough to still allow Fresh Finds and SG Scratch purchases.

Similarly I can kind of understand the Ragol Pack 2 value proposition change; Ragol Pack 1 was clearly removed because it was seen to be giving away too much for the price. If they would ever entertain the idea of making Ragol Pack 2 that valuable they probably wouldn't have removed the original one to begin with.

As for the pricing of AC and SG scratch tickets, I feel that's a price-pointing matter and they've got way better data to know where best to set those to maximise income for the server. The only thing I'd like to see in that department is parity in our SG sources with JP having IDOLA, but if our Mission Pass will continue to be a net 200 SG gain with premium compared to JP's net 100 SG cost, we may already be there.

That's where my agreement or at least understanding of the present state ends though, and if I had to agree with a few listings in particular:

The prices of some items make no sense and to me only seem set that way to make another option seem better by comparison. In particular: "You could reset your mag for $5, but why not buy a new mag for $3?"

Mags

I've read that JP added Mag Form Change Pass and the history of evolution device use on a character sometime after the game's release. If so, before that addition you may have wanted to spend more to reset a mag with an irretrievable unique form instead of buying a new one that couldn't use that form. But with the exception of devices used before that point - an exception that doesn't exist on Global - you can form-change a new mag for a paltry 210k meseta or so and 500 AC for a reset now seems entirely pointless.

Character Storage Expansion

Character Storage Expansion vs New Character is an obvious play at convenience vs efficiency. An extra character is far cheaper for the storage space but you also have to switch characters and temporarily move items between that and Default/Premium to access it. This is also why the immediately-accessible Inventory Expansion is way more expensive (35 AC per item space) than Character Storage Expansion (16 AC per).

That said, I feel the difference is too stark (a new character is 0.6 AC per space, not including their inventory) and the convenience not necessary enough (I'd mostly use it to hoard old Mission Pass items e.g. CAST parts, which don't need to be moved) to justify the price difference, so 300 or 500 would make me consider it while 800 is a definite "wait for discount" price and if/when I need more storage I'll be buying another character instead. The ability for extra characters to passively generate more weekly money would just be an added bonus.

At 100 per I'd probably max storage out on my existing characters instead, which in my case would generate more money from me but I'm not sure I'm a typical user in this regard so that may be too steep and cost more income from other users overall. It would additionally reduce the value proposition of the Sonic Collaboration Pack, which to me needs its Character Storage Expansion (x5) to feel like a $40 saving to seem remotely worthwhile.

Additional Storage

Fully agreed on the use of extra storage (OTP and PSO2es). If there's an enduring hope of giving the game some form of 2FA or even PSO2es then I'm completely okay with holding those back so they can be used as encouragement to take those up as they were on JP. But if there isn't, it feels like an unnecessary constraint on Global players that could at least be repurposed to encourage us to do something else. If all else fails it'd be better to just provide it by default, maybe with one as a free upgrade and another as an extra Premium bonus.

Material Storage use

If only one of that list, I definitely think pets' sweets should be able to use Material Storage. There are a bunch of those! Some of which have limited and specific sources (especially on JP) so it's not simply a case of discarding the ones you don't need. They also feel comparable in purpose to crafting components (i.e. you turn them into equipment upgrades).

Name change pricing

Agreed on $15 and $30 being excessive. The existence of a charge at all is generally a high enough bar to prevent any issue of spam renaming if that's the concern. At best this might be to combat report evasion by regularly-cheating accounts but I'm confident the reporting processes are better than that.

AC Shop Sale bundling

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone who thinks bundling Scape Dolls with other items and jacking up the price with their bizarrely high value is worth it. It must be though, because they keep doing that one. Again this seems like something we have to trust their data and judgment on.

I think what bothers me the most is that they are called "sales", but never involve a discount. Rather they are generally two items lumped together at their full combined price, and the promotion is the addition of extras like SG or recently Tokyo Gold keys - the latter of which aren't sold separately so you cannot really quantify their value either.

Moreover JP actually does have sales, such as a Mag Ticket and Storage expansion for 20% off (I don't have a specific example to hand). Rarely in the past we have had too, like a single AC Scratch Ticket at half price. These are actual sales!

It feels like the "sales" we normally get should instead be called AC Shop Bonuses as they more closely relate to the Buy Premium campaigns than discounts. And in doing so, when we get actual sales those could be called sales and it would be easier to promote them as the word wouldn't have been used for dozens of non-sale promotions.

Importantly, I'm not saying we should get actual sales yet. It took JP a few years to start discounting some of the core purchases. As soon as we do the first, many players will change their expectations and hold out on buying more of the discounted items until their next discount so in some ways it's a permanent devaluation on items which are probably still selling enough for that to be premature.

@Milk said in Change The Prices of Certain AC Items That Don't Make Sense:

I agree with most of this. There’s just certain things in this game I outright refuse to buy or buy sparingly.

It’s kind of inexcusable that Premium doesn’t get Extended or Material storage already, it really comes off as stingy when so many F2P games give this with their Premium option.

Not to mention some storage you buy is monthly, you don’t get to keep it. Why would I pay that when I can buy twelve characters and store my stuff forever? The only storage I’ve ever paid for is inventory, as I get to keep it. I’ve bought it for most of my alts now and I see it as a better value than extended storage.

I think the AC scratch prices are fine, $2 to play is reasonable and on par with many game’s prices. They also sweeten the deal with those bonus tickets if you have rotten luck and you can get some neat exclusive items. My only complaint is why isn’t there any generosity when it comes to their customers buying AC in bulk? They really can’t throw their customers a bone when they buy $100 at a time? It just looks kind of cheap. An extra 300AC for spending $100 is just laughable. Would $3 really entice you to spend $100 in any other store?

SG is absurdly overpriced. I’ve bought SG exactly one time for an outfit. I don’t plan to buy any again.

I think the mag prices are fine, same with character creation and name change.

The majority of my purchases have been AC scratch and I’ve maxed out all characters I can make.

I've never had any problem with my storage ever while being a premium member, y'all might be hoarding too much. I do need the material storage but that's gotten in-game and it's very easy to get the amount of SG you need with all the events that go on and will continue to go on.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

I’ve got twelve characters and a lot of gear & fashion for all of them. I don’t have room for materials, luckily I don’t craft so I don’t need most of them. Right now I’m working on unlocking alliance storage since it’s just my guild family and we’ve shared storage before. The storage would be fine for 2-3 characters but of course I do everything the hard way for the sake of recreating my D&D cast.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

I’ve got twelve characters and a lot of gear & fashion for all of them. I don’t have room for materials, luckily I don’t craft so I don’t need most of them. Right now I’m working on unlocking alliance storage since it’s just my guild family and we’ve shared storage before. The storage would be fine for 2-3 characters but of course I do everything the hard way for the sake of recreating my D&D cast.

If you've paid for extra characters then... you should have no problem paying for the extra storage to go along with it. That's kind of... a specific problem. Most players only have 3 characters max and the storage is absolutely no issue with just 3 characters in any capacity, I rarely even fill the character storages

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

Sure, and I do, the inventory slots that I permanently keep. I’m not paying monthly for storage, even if it’s just SG. I have happily paid for extra storage slots in games, a one time purchase. This is just something I will never get behind but no one is twisting my arm, that’s why I simply pay for what I do think is a good value. I realize my circumstances are abnormal but so is charging monthly for storage.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

Sure, and I do, the inventory slots that I permanently keep. I’m not paying monthly for storage, even if it’s just SG. I have happily paid for extra storage slots in games, a one time purchase. This is just something I will never get behind but no one is twisting my arm, that’s why I simply pay for what I do think is a good value. I realize my circumstances are abnormal but so is charging monthly for storage.

the extended storage is across all your chars, no point not to pay for material storage. 720sg per 3 months and forgeddabout it, aka, literally less than a week's worth of SG. Currency earned exclusively in-game (SG isn't meant to be paid for unless you're a whale).

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

Yeah I’ve only paid for SG for the gothic maid set since all the colors were too much to save in time. I guess every three months isn’t terrible, maybe after I get all my Fallen Heroes junk, need to get the bonus ticket.