Auxiliary Gardening

This thread is mainly to separate this suggestion from another suggestion so it can be properly discussed and proposed as its own content. I am of course talking about the Auxiliary Gardening suggestion that I and at least one other person fleshed out in the "Why doesn't decorating your room give you a buff in game?"

For this suggestion, I want to make it clear to the developer team that this would not allow players to get items normally obtained only through AC purchases, such as the +450% Rare Drop Rate Booster. Instead, this offers an alternative to farming Ex-Cubes and Photon Drops that takes real world time to "grow" items like boosters and other materials. For the purpose of adding it sooner than later, I propose using the already implemented Auxiliary search system that utilizes specific client orders that said Auxiliaries can take on.

Client Order Method

So, for this reason, we will need a special NPC (Maybe Frosty in Franca's Cafe) that can give us Client Orders to obtain the items you want to "grow." These client orders will have your Auxiliary go out on a search and gather "Seed" items to trade into the Client Order NPC for the items you want. Each client order will actually only need 1 of these seeds, and will only give EXP and Meseta directly. However, the NPC in question will actually have a "Seed Shop" that you can use these seeds to exchange into special items.

Each client order will take up 2 or 3 slots in the client order search window depending on what type of seed you get.

Actual Gardening Method

The alternate method, and by far the most community-friendly of the two, will instead duplicate the current crafting system's "Assembly Line" dialogue and allow players to use that to transform various materials into boosters via "Gardening Plots" instead of an "Assembly Line." Unlike Crafting however, you should have an Auxiliary set to maintain the gardens. Based on the Auxiliary stats/level, the garden will perform better (more yield), faster growth, higher tier minimum, or faster cooldown.

You can place a special "Garden" Auxiliary Terminal that allows you to set an Auxiliary as your garden's caretaker. (Only one per persoal quarters. But any character on the account can set their auxiliary to it.) Auxiliaries that take care of gardens will gain EXP based on the items produced, but cannot be sent on Client Orders. Auxiliaries will ask for any of the "items needed" below from storage and/or inventory. The more items provided, the higher the tier that can be produced (but not necessarily will.) Any items unused due to not producing a higher tier/etc. will be returned to the player character after gardening is completed. (This has diminishing returns.)

Unlike other Auxiliary terminals, all characters can speak with the Auxiliary in the gardening terminal.

Potential Gardening Items

Item Name Maximum Tier / Amount Items Needed § Cooldown
Item Drop Rate Booster +250% / 1-3 Desynth Materials (Weapons/Armor) 3 Hours
EXP Booster +75% / 1-3 Enemy Kill Drops (IE: Red Meat) 2 Hours
Meseta Booster +125% / 1-5 Meseta Crystals 2 Hours
Triboost +75% / 1-3 Desynth Materials + Enemy Kill Drops + Meseta Crystals 3 Hours
PA Technique Fragment 1-5 Any Technique Disc Lv.1-10 1 Hour
PA Melee Fragment 1-5 Any Melee Disc Lv.1-10 1 Hour
PA Ranged Fragment 1-5 Any Ranged Disc Lv.1-10 1 Hour

§ "Items Needed" is only if the Garden Plot / Crafting Line method is used from "Actual Gardening Method."

Seems fleshed out enough. So long as it's something only the aux can do, to make them actually relevant. Now, I'm on the fence about introducing client orders into it because that's one of the reasons I hear others say as to why they don't level up their auxiliaries. As those client orders either take up space on the client order menu, or not wanting that, people will then have to run to Franca to pick the orders, give them to the auxiliary, and then drop them to not take up the space, rinse and repeat.

So if we can make a gardening system that can be set up by players from within the room, not needing to run anywhere else nor clutter their client order queue, I feel this would be a more friendly way to have more people dedicating some time to it. And as side activities, they should be easy to do.

Way too powerful - killing alot of monetization if that is your goal. It be fine if the list is limited to the same excube/photon sphere exchanges as an alternate way - but the current things you listed has gone way beyond that.

Triboosts shouldn't be going over 50%, there are 125% ones are being sold in game for SG. EX RDR+50% is also SG treasure shop item for 40 SG.

EX boosters are extremely rare because how powerful they are and does not belong here. The SG scratch that cost 80 SG per pull only gives EX EXP+75, EX RDR+75%, EX Triboost 50% and you are offering better than it. Outside of campaigns, getting EX boosters has always been costing you AC or SG stuff trade ins - at a ridiculously bad amount.

Seems pretty short-sighted greed as you just want free stuff - even things that are meant for monetization.

@HarmlessSyan I made these based on title rewards as well. 250% Rare drop rate is a booster you can get from the Ex-Cube shop.

I have no problem if its from excube or photon sphere shop - but EX boosters and those high % triboosts are way too strong. Even the EXP booster you listed is stronger than the ones from the exchange shop.

Titles are a 1 time thing, it is not something you can farm over and over.

@HarmlessSyan said in Auxiliary Gardening:

from the exchange shop.

I'm also taking fresh finds into consideration too. Most of these I've seen close to the amounts on there as well. The one I'm not too sure on is the EXP EX Booster. I've seen a fair few 50%s.

@coldreactive and fresh find is monetization for the most part - another way to get you to spend SG . Is why they let you BUY SG, for monetization

@HarmlessSyan Regardless, some people have pointed out we were already supposed to have Level-Up quests. (Which have a permanent +100% EXP Boost active, and it stacks with PSO2/EXP Days for a total of 200-400%) Though I did say in response to that we don't have it because of our rapid-fire content... it still stands. In addition, I said Potential items. I'm sure SEGA's PR and Marketing would be able to find the right balance for these anyway.

I never really said I was good at balancing, I just wanted to give the concept of it with some semblance of what one could expect. I honestly don't mind if NONE of the boosters get in, as long as I can get a way to get rid of these pesky 1-10 level discs that keep dropping even in Super Hard or higher.

@coldreactive said in Auxiliary Gardening:

This thread is mainly to separate this suggestion from another suggestion so it can be properly discussed and proposed as its own content. I am of course talking about the Auxiliary Gardening suggestion that I and at least one other person fleshed out in the "Why doesn't decorating your room give you a buff in game?"

For this suggestion, I want to make it clear to the developer team that this would not allow players to get items normally obtained only through AC purchases, such as the +450% Rare Drop Rate Booster. Instead, this offers an alternative to farming Ex-Cubes and Photon Drops that takes real world time to "grow" items like boosters and other materials. For the purpose of adding it sooner than later, I propose using the already implemented Auxiliary search system that utilizes specific client orders that said Auxiliaries can take on.

Client Order Method

So, for this reason, we will need a special NPC (Maybe Frosty in Franca's Cafe) that can give us Client Orders to obtain the items you want to "grow." These client orders will have your Auxiliary go out on a search and gather "Seed" items to trade into the Client Order NPC for the items you want. Each client order will actually only need 1 of these seeds, and will only give EXP and Meseta directly. However, the NPC in question will actually have a "Seed Shop" that you can use these seeds to exchange into special items.

Each client order will take up 2 or 3 slots in the client order search window depending on what type of seed you get.

Actual Gardening Method

The alternate method, and by far the most community-friendly of the two, will instead duplicate the current crafting system's "Assembly Line" dialogue and allow players to use that to transform various materials into boosters via "Gardening Plots" instead of an "Assembly Line." Unlike Crafting however, you should have an Auxiliary set to maintain the gardens. Based on the Auxiliary stats/level, the garden will perform better (more yield), faster growth, higher tier minimum, or faster cooldown.

You can place a special "Garden" Auxiliary Terminal that allows you to set an Auxiliary as your garden's caretaker. (Only one per persoal quarters. But any character on the account can set their auxiliary to it.) Auxiliaries that take care of gardens will gain EXP based on the items produced, but cannot be sent on Client Orders. Auxiliaries will ask for any of the "items needed" below from storage and/or inventory. The more items provided, the higher the tier that can be produced (but not necessarily will.) Any items unused due to not producing a higher tier/etc. will be returned to the player character after gardening is completed. (This has diminishing returns.)

Unlike other Auxiliary terminals, all characters can speak with the Auxiliary in the gardening terminal.

Potential Gardening Items

Item Name Maximum Tier / Amount Items Needed § Cooldown
Item Drop Rate Booster +250% / 1-5 Desynth Materials (Weapons/Armor) 3 Hours
Item Drop Rate EX Booster +100% / 1-3 Rare Desynth Materials (Weapons/Armor) 3 Hours
EXP Booster +100% / 1-5 Enemy Kill Drops (IE: Red Meat) 2 Hours
EXP EX Booster +75% / 1-3 Rare Enemy Kill Drops 2 Hours
Meseta Booster +150% / 1-10 Meseta Crystals 2 Hours
Triboost +100% / 1-5 Desynth Materials + Enemy Kill Drops + Meseta Crystals 3 Hours
Triboost EX +75% / 1-3 Rare Desynth Materials + Rare Enemy Kill Drops + Meseta Crystals 3 Hours
PA Technique Fragment 1-5 Any Technique Disc Lv.1-10 1 Hour
PA Melee Fragment 1-5 Any Melee Disc Lv.1-10 1 Hour
PA Ranged Fragment 1-5 Any Ranged Disc Lv.1-10 1 Hour

§ "Items Needed" is only if the Garden Plot / Crafting Line method is used from "Actual Gardening Method."

I giving this 💯! Solid!

Though I did say in response to that we don't have it because of our rapid-fire content... it still stands. In addition, I said Potential items. I'm sure SEGA's PR and Marketing would be able to find the right balance for these anyway.

I want to clarify that it’s not because of rapid-fire content, it is that the devs want players to experience the game as what a playe r should go through so they can learn/experience the game in a similar way the JP player used to. Adding the FQ4 not only will make people not learn the game and suffer when they get to higher difficulty, on top of being undergeared because they wereleveling too fast.

FQ4 also known as leveling quests were introduced in JP for existing players leveling extra characters or returning players as the player population on JP have the majority at 50+ (SH and higher). It was a catch-up/speed quest players could do to get to relevant content. It works in JP because the current status of JP in terms of player level ratio, focus of content, item accessibility/quantity are aged well enough.

EN is still very young in terms of player population and level desparity/ratio. There’s still a significant amount of players at lower difficulty and have limited insight of the game. Adding FQ4 for people to quickly level not only ruins the experience for new players but also makes matters worst as it will affect other existing high level players when it comes to clearing content. Not tomention, having players level tok quick early makes a majority of past contents obsolete. There needs to have a steady growth and balance for players to experience, and not just things being rushed when the game hasn’t even started aging. Yes, PSO2 is old but the community is not.

But back on topic, I am in the same agreement with HarmlessSyan here, EX boosters were made to be a lucrative consumable that was intended for monetization. Just because they were accessible either from an event or title doesn’t justify it. Any item accessible through normal means would be fine, but everything else that requires monetization either AC or SC should not be considered which are a majority of the boosters on that list.

@SeriPSO2 said in Auxiliary Gardening:

But back on topic, I am in the same agreement with HarmlessSyan here, EX boosters were made to be a lucrative consumable that was intended for monetization. Just because they were accessible either from an event or title doesn’t justify it. Any item accessible through normal means would be fine, but everything else that requires monetization either AC or SC should not be considered which are a majority of the boosters on that list.

I'll just remove them and tweak the values of the other ones then so people don't get any ideas like this again.

I like the idea, though I would also like it if it were accessible from the menu, and if crafting and Auxiliary COs for all characters were also made available from the menu, and didn't require accepting the COs to be able to send them out.

I'll just remove them and tweak the values of the other ones then so people don't get any ideas like this again.

I'd say leave the original post as it is, even if you change opinions later. That way readers can see how ideas change and mutate due to feedback from others.

You could also add edits with the new/updated idea, with the names of the posters who proposed them.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Auxiliary Gardening:

You could also add edits with the new/updated idea, with the names of the posters who proposed them.

I wish this forum had font color.

Where do you learn about this forum's formatting options anyway? I've only learned of a few of them from other people's posts.