Te/Fi help needed

I need a definitive how-to guide. Tried to switch to it from Te/Hu and I want to bash my head into a post. I've been playing Te/Hu so long that anything outside of "WAND SMASH" is difficult for me.

I just don't need the survivability of Hunter anymore. Maybe if I could keep it and drop automate and (maybe) Iron Will and eke out damage from somewhere else in the tree, I'd go that route, but...

So anyway. I need a Te/Fi guide. In depth. Not Cathy's. That's not in-depth. I need the hows and whys and whats. The gameplay breakdown. The in depth explanations of Fighter skills and why they should be taken.

If you happen to know where something like this is, I'd appreciate it.

Regards, Furious

@Furious said in Te/Fi help needed:

So anyway. I need a Te/Fi guide. In depth. Not Cathy's. That's not in-depth.

You should consider reading other class combos in that guide for extra things to do. This is how I found out about Zero Ramegid (Passive zero-range DoT that damages enemies you hug) and Zero Nabarta (Tech-user block.)

Once Phantom comes out within 2 months, you won't be using fighter anymore anyway.

Bro just deal damage and kill.

Get the feel of it through combat. No guide is going to help you being the best of yourself, you need to find the strongest way YOU can play.

Yes there are DPS calculators and "optimal" calculated patterns, but in the end if you can't execute those perfectly then it's the same as nada. You'll be a lot better by finding your own style and executing it better and better.

@Shirokami07 said in Te/Fi help needed:

Bro just deal damage and kill.

Have you played Techter? It's not exactly a DPS class.

Wand bonks still do competitive damage numbers on Te/Fi as far as I understood. The difference is now you can cast. Try to mix up your stuff with two spell rotations like Grants --> Illgrants if you aren't in a position to get in there and get more PP. Otherwise read whether the loss of DPS from using Grants is worth the reliability it gives you over using Illgrants.

It's not going to do absurd amounts of damage any way you run it. Te/Fi exchanges the Hu survivability with the ability to cast techs without a significant loss of DPS. Hell, someone may come along and correct me and tell me tech DPS is superior to wand bonks, but I know mob collecting and whacking is still the go-to for mobbing. Also your sub-pallete gets even more crowded as you can/should add the compound techniques. At least Zandion. No reason not to cast Zandion.

Maybe I'll just leave the Te/Fi as my go to when solo boss UQs pop up and stick with Te/Hu.

I wonder if I can maybe drop automate / Iron Will and just do flat stats instead for a bit more damage.

@Furious said in Te/Fi help needed:

Maybe I'll just leave the Te/Fi as my go to when solo boss UQs pop up and stick with Te/Hu.

I wonder if I can maybe drop automate / Iron Will and just do flat stats instead for a bit more damage.

Both of these will be replaced, as I said with Te/Ph and Te/Et respectively. Though in regards to Te/Et, instead of auto-mate, you'll be using Damage Balance/Reduction trait and Etoile self-heals. Since even if you use Resta on yourself, it will do 1 healing with damage balance/reduction on. (Etoile heals (non-resta, actual etoile healing skills from etoile's scion skills) from other players also do only 1 healing.)