Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?

@Laep said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@coldreactive exactly what I thought when I read the post too, I'd love for there to be gardening in our personal quarters too like we could in ffxi.

@RainGnyu said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@Laep said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@coldreactive exactly what I thought when I read the post too, I'd love for there to be gardening in our personal quarters too like we could in ffxi.

I like this idea!

In Final Fantasy XIV we also have a gardening mechanic that allows us to grow crystals from plants even. So I'm sure PSO2 can figure out a way to grow items like Boosters or otherwise.

@coldreactive I wouldn't mind a system where we could put our auxiliaries to farm stuff like RDR or exp up items through a gardening interface. That would make the auxiliaries useful, and give some incentive to level them up. As long as the stuff being farmed is not stats nor items to craft gear, it shouldn't be a problem.

Say, at lower level, you aux can farm up to a certain tier of item, like rdr as high as 100%. At higher levels, it should be able to get higher tiers of the item.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Say, at lower level, you aux can farm up to a certain tier of item, like rdr as high as 100%. At higher levels, it should be able to get higher tiers of the item.

Up to RDR 250%, then it starts doing EX versions. For EXP, it'd stop at 100%, then do EX versions.

Availability/etc. would be based on what can be obtained for free reliably. Higher tiers would take more hours. EXs taking the most, as they stack separate of the normal ones.

To make it easier for the developers, the gardening system at first could be a client order system from a specific NPC, and requires Seed items dropped or obtained through Ex-Cubes/Photon Spheres/Drops. The Client Orders would have an increased Client Order cost in comparison to normal client Orders. (IE: 1 gardening client order could cost 3 client orders instead.) This would be so that it could take 3 hours instead of 1 hour.

They could use this system until they can figure out a proper gardening system / balance between allowing your Aux do client orders + gardening.

Cool........great ideas! Love them all!

Being able to use your Auxlieries to farm (literally) items to use in cooking recipes actually would be a really cool feature to add, and a bit more involving than my suggestion of "Put bed in room, get 10% more XP".

@Blade-Syphon @RainGnyu @ZorokiHanuke I made an actual suggestion thread for Auxiliary Grinding for you all to look at: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/9043/auxiliary-gardening

@coldreactive said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@Blade-Syphon @RainGnyu @ZorokiHanuke I made an actual suggestion thread for Auxiliary Grinding for you all to look at: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/9043/auxiliary-gardening

@coldreactive said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Thing is Auxiliary already do that! My Auxiliary is level 65/54.

Auxiliaries already do certain client orders.

Auxiliaries already do certain client orders.

And this would add more.

I legitimately don't think it's a good idea to penalize people who don't want to decorate a room that was not supposed to be a pivotal part of the game's flow in the first place.

On top of that, you're forcing people to participate in the market to get the decorations and then the stats they want. As if you havn't had enough abuse from the affixing market, you want affixing 2 to rob ya'll of your hard earned money?

Really don't think this is a suitable idea for how the game is designed right now.

I haven't read the topic through, but, er, crafting? That's kind of a thing that you can do for enhancements and both needs your Personal Quarters to do it and benefits from furnishing it with certain furnishings.

@Miraglyth said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

I haven't read the topic through, but, er, crafting? That's kind of a thing that you can do for enhancements and both needs your Personal Quarters to do it and benefits from furnishing it with certain furnishings.

You can also read this suggestion: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/9043/auxiliary-gardening

Which spawned from an idea in this topic you're in now.

@Frathlir said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Why would you need a carrit dangled to enjoy an optional game tidbit?

Personally I am utterly ok with the room decorating not 'feeling mandatory for proper game progression.'

Well why do you think joining guilds/clans/alliances in most MMOs give buffs? Because otherwise most people would simply ignore them. Need some "encouragement" to "enjoy" it. Hah!

Of course, if someone ACTUALLY wants to join some community they don't need any encouragement, but it is what it is.

@Yggranya said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@Frathlir said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Why would you need a carrit dangled to enjoy an optional game tidbit?

Personally I am utterly ok with the room decorating not 'feeling mandatory for proper game progression.'

Well why do you think joining guilds/clans/alliances in most MMOs give buffs? Because otherwise most people would simply ignore them. Need some "encouragement" to "enjoy" it. Hah!

Of course, if someone ACTUALLY wants to join some community they don't need any encouragement, but it is what it is.

And people like me usually like to join smaller guilds/etc. Ones with less than 15 or so people online at once, if even. So there are people who enjoy the company of less people even if it means not having buffs from those guilds. Plus, I prefer to help people more intimately, and it hurts when I can't get in a chat message to do that.

I don't mind if people don't say things in a small guild, or almost immediately leave a 3-7 days later, that's their business. But having a discord for large guilds isn't "intimate" if there's still way too many people on it.

While we're at it, can we have all the lookbook sg for free? Seems like people don't like stuff being gated with cosmetic stuff. They don't want to use their room, and I don't want to like4like whore myself.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Erf.... sorry but no. I do not like this one. Let's just keep room decor as just that. We also have enough stat buffs as it is anyway.

Why because I suggested it?

You make these threads to bait folks into fighting with you dont you?