Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?

@Blade-Syphon I'm already pretty unhappy about all the large crafting furnishing taking up space in my room and looks like crap so they are all in a corner outside on the balcony of a side room. I have all the ones that gives higher greater success rate.

@HarmlessSyan

Why not set them up in a secondary room, or in the little closet of a free room they give you?

@Shirokami07 said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

What the fuck

Some gacha games actually have this kind of system too. Such as Azure Lane:

alt text

Though, specifically, this is based on the total number of furniture you own, not have placed. In addition, the EXP Bonus only affects ship girls you place in the dorm, not EXP from battles.

Some people like to compare PSO2 to some gacha games from time to time. But I think more so it's a comparison to older MMOs like Mabinogi, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XI, Angels Online, etc.

Erf.... sorry but no. I do not like this one. Let's just keep room decor as just that. We also have enough stat buffs as it is anyway.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Erf.... sorry but no. I do not like this one. Let's just keep room decor as just that. We also have enough stat buffs as it is anyway.

Why because I suggested it?

@Blade-Syphon said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@HarmlessSyan

Why not set them up in a secondary room, or in the little closet of a free room they give you?

You only get the craft bonus if your current layout have the furnishing and if you have a Builder (Cooldown reduction) up, you cant have the Maker (Greater Success Boost) in the same layout. My main layout have the Makers and my secondary layout have the Builders. The free room only allow 5 funishing cost which is not enough for all 4 tier4 builder/maker unless you buy the small SG version.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Absolutely agree no change is needed here and if changed will serve to make the players that can't keep up angry.

I find no reason why there needs an implementation like that. Why do you feel compelled to have to be rewarded for using the feature? What you’re suggesting is something that is unnecessary and also breeds insidious behavior as your suggestion is turning a feature that many are fine with, and turning it into a feature that caters to those who spend money and destroy the entire purpose of having said feature in the first place.

Is decorating your room for a hangout or using it for crafting not suffice for you for “character development”? Also, crafting does give you a reason to be actively involved in the feature to start with. There isn’t a need to add more incentive to a feature when said feature has enough incentive for the majority.

And trying to relate your suggestion to team tree is a misattribution because Team tree should be treated as a bonus and not something that is the sole purpose of doing. Yes, people like having tree but that’s not the entire point of joining a team in general.

@RainGnyu said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Of course it's not because of you. It's because I personally prefer the systems separated and not tangled together.

@SeriPSO2 said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

I find no reason why there needs an implementation like that. Why do you feel compelled to have to be rewarded for using the feature? What you’re suggesting is something that is unnecessary and also breeds insidious behavior as your suggestion is turning a feature that many are fine with, and turning it into a feature that caters to those who spend money and destroy the entire purpose of having said feature in the first place.

Is decorating your room for a hangout or using it for crafting not suffice for you for “character development”? Also, crafting does give you a reason to be actively involved in the feature to start with. There isn’t a need to add more incentive to a feature when said feature has enough incentive for the majority.

And trying to relate your suggestion to team tree is a misattribution because Team tree should be treated as a bonus and not something that is the sole purpose of doing. Yes, people like having tree but that’s not the entire point of joining a team in general.

I just thought it would be neat! Just a suggestion And I don’t see the difference between the buff tree used on the alliance ships.

@RainGnyu said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Of course it's not because of you. It's because I personally prefer the systems separated and not tangled together.

Sure does feel like it! I just don’t get why Some people Are against it. I am fine with the way things are now and still having fun decorating my room to the fullest.

@RainGnyu Remember that differing in thoughts does not mean a person is attacking you personally, nor attacking your idea because of a personal issue. Ideas exist, and people who differ from those ideas regardless of who posted them exist as well. Progress comes from mixing in ideas, asking for opinions, and trying to go for the benefit of the bigger mass of people. And that means that many ideas will be shot down along the way, regardless of how good they may look in the eyes of their proponents.

@coldreactive exactly what I thought when I read the post too, I'd love for there to be gardening in our personal quarters too like we could in ffxi.

@RainGnyu Remember that differing in thoughts does not mean a person is attacking you personally, nor attacking your idea because of a personal issue. Ideas exist, and people who differ from those ideas regardless of who posted them exist as well. Progress comes from mixing in ideas, asking for opinions, and trying to go for the benefit of the bigger mass of people. And that means that many ideas will be shot down along the way, regardless of how good they may look in the eyes of their proponents.

Fair enough! Diplomatic!

@Laep said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@coldreactive exactly what I thought when I read the post too, I'd love for there to be gardening in our personal quarters too like we could in ffxi.

I like this idea!