Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?

My room should give me a in game buff depend on how I decorated it. Our rooms should have more of a significant roll in our character development! This buff should also have hidden combos with design options not revealing until it is incorporated. But this buff are also applied to visitors and increase your personal buff by traffic flow room visits.

Kind of like the Alliance/guild hall has the buff tree. Their needs to be a reason for actively being involved.

Why would you need a carrit dangled to enjoy an optional game tidbit?

Personally I am utterly ok with the room decorating not 'feeling mandatory for proper game progression.'

@Frathlir said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

Why would you need a carrit dangled to enjoy an optional game tidbit?

Personally I am utterly ok with the room decorating not 'feeling mandatory for proper game progression.'

I was thinking it would be something fun to mix and match furniture to improve buffs. Like a mine-game Of sorts.

@RainGnyu said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

My room should give me a in game buff depend on how I decorated it.

Hello fellow Final Fantasy XI player.

While it would be nice, I'm sure they don't want to do it due to free players maybe becoming upset over not being able to do it.

@coldreactive said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@RainGnyu said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

My room should give me a in game buff depend on how I decorated it.

Hello fellow Final Fantasy XI player.

While it would be nice, I'm sure they don't want to do it due to free players maybe becoming upset over not being able to do it.

What does being F2P have anything to do with being able to utilize your personal quarters?

You are aware that all it costs are EX-Cubes to get access to one of the "premium" rooms, right? A single UQ has enough EX-Cube fodder to pay for well over a month of personal quarter use. Hell, I've got 90 extra tickets sitting in my storage because I didn't realize there was a cap to how much time you can have banked when I dumped a year's worth of cubes.

@Blade-Syphon said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

What does being F2P have anything to do with being able to utilize your personal quarters?

You have 5 furniture points in a mini-room. Your Auxiliary furniture item takes 1 of those points. (Your three characters share the same room as well. Meaning 3 of those points will go toward auxiliaries alone.)

Yes, I know you can get personal quarters tickets from FUN Scratch, but it's one of the rarest pulls:

alt text

And yes I know you can get one from the Ex-Cube shop too:

alt text

The way I see it though is... the fact that premium users don't need to spend Ex-Cubes. When you COULD be using those Ex-Cubes on other more expensive, useful items like PA Fragments, more extreme passes for class ring materials, etc.

Or trading your Ex-Cubes for 10+star units to get photon spheres for even more things, like the +75% EXP Booster:

alt text

or even buying those food devices to sell on the market, because some people are lazy.

It's a F2P game that penalizes players and capitalizes on peoples' poor spending habits. In the end, the players are the ones who suffer.

@coldreactive

I'm not premium, and I have over 1700 EX-cubes.

There is literally no reason why a free player cant have a personal room. It takes all of 100 Ex-Cubes to get a year's worth of personal room time. That's not even a week's worth of casual play.

@Blade-Syphon said in Why doesn’t decorating your room give you a buff in game?:

@coldreactive

I'm not premium, and I have over 1700 EX-cubes.

There is literally no reason why a free player cant have a personal room. It takes all of 100 Ex-Cubes to get a year's worth of personal room time. That's not even a week's worth of casual play.

I've been chastised for being bad at boss UQs (especially Fellwyrm), so I don't do them anymore. But Main Buster Quests would also give a hefty amount of 10-star weapons too, I guess.

@coldreactive Not to sound rude, but then that's on you if you're not doing UQ's because you had a bad experience.

A group can easily carry a handful of dead weight players easily in the non 4-man UQ's on EX, especially the older ones. I mean, the mining base just popped up now. Two runs of those is enough to get 30 days worth of personal quarter time from the drops.

Again - there is zero reason why a free player can't have access to a personal quarter. The game almost literally rains them upon you in a glorious shower of loot every time an UQ boss falls down and goes boom. Of all the reasons why they wouldn't add buffs to Personal Rooms (which they most certainly should), being F2P is not one of them.

because you had a bad experience.

I meant on the forums here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/8559/fellwyrm-is-terribly-designed/43?page=3 (Read my reply following this one.)

@coldreactive

You mean the topic where you were actively attacking people for giving you advice on how to get better at the game?

No one was "Chastising" you, they were giving you valid criticism to help you get better at both the Felwyrm, and your Class, at which point you constantly kept attacking everyone for trying to help you.

Probably not the best example to use for being "chastised" for not being good at UQs. Either way, my point still stands - Using Lilipa for an example, I did two runs before running out of inventory on my alt. Of those runs, I got 9 drops that I can convert into Ex-Cubes, that's 27-days of personal space time, for doing an UQ where I Spent most of the time running around buffing people until the last wave, where I hit him until he fell over went boom.

Remind me again how that's somehow difficult for a player that's completely free to play to not be able to get a personal room?

Let's get back on topic.

NO, I don't want room buffs to dictate how I decorate my room. I want to decorate my room however I want it to. As mentioned earlier things like FFXI's moghancements for moghome forced you to have certain furnishing in your room and exclude you from putting up other furnishings - example if I wanted my Moghancement: Boneworking buff I have to have the boneworker guild item and no other item that is stronger in element than it.

It kills personal creativity as the top players are going to go for similar room goods to get the best buff available.

@HarmlessSyan

I don't think it'd have to go as far as XI's moghancements (Which were both game changers, especially the XP loss reduction one), and were heavily restrictive.

But having something like getting 10% more XP for having a Bed or something wouldn't really be that much of a big deal. Simple furnishing buffs like that which aren't cumulative, don't restrict creativity, and aren't so big that you'd feel as though you were missing out without having them wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to be added to the game.

What the fuck