Stuttering for Windows Store users, potentially found the problem.

Because the apps are being essentially stored as XVDs, kinder similar to virtual discs I guess? Windows isn't playing nice, and seems to generate a whole host of potential problems, I kept seeing 'disk has been surprised removed' errors in my event viewer and I got curious and looked into it, then I found this guys blog who explains it in more detail.

https://illuminati.services/2019/12/18/disk-has-been-surprise-removed-what-is-xvd-in-device-manager-anyway/

Tweaker does indeed fix the problem but its more of a bandaid fix than anything, I've noticed very little problems using the steam client. This could also explain why people had a lot of issues earlier in the year, and some 'lost' disk space when they didn't uninstall properly.

@Amari-Kigu said in Stuttering for Windows Store users, potentially found the problem.:

kinder similar to virtual discs I guess? Windows isn't playing nice, and seems to generate a whole host of potential problems

If this was the case, then ISO reading emulators for PSOne/PS2/etc. would also have serious stuttering issues. But they don't. The problem lies squarely with Windows Store/etc. not the way the files are being stored. My guess is that Microsoft wanted to put a hasty solution to encrypting programs' folders like Steam does (but on steam it only happens for pre-loading, not general use) when they decided to make their own DRM.

@coldreactive MS store always had encrypting but it was never good same can be said from their DRM that is in all their games and end up being cracked in the same day the game is released so in not impressive that is affecting how certain games work after all Microsoft is well known for breaking something when they fix or add something