Join an Alliance campaign

@Milk said in Join an Alliance campaign:

I’m too shy. 😞 I can live without it, I’m just curious what other people think of the campaign.

I believe keeping it to 12 players and 10,000 AP as they have done for all three Join An Alliance campaigns to date is already catering to small alliances.

They could easily have made the requirements increase over time - for instance, having this campaign require 20 players and 15,000 AP, then the one after it require 25 and 20,000 AP, and so on - but they are choosing not to.

12 players is perhaps still too large for a tight-knit group. My core group for instance is just 3. But there are no rules against forming an "alliance" of independents purely to meet the requirements of campaigns like this and this wasn't difficult to do back in June. I would be surprised if there weren't multiple such alliances on every ship with 15-50 players that could be easily joined.

@Miraglyth

Oh I think the requirements are fair, I’m just wondering what the strictly solo players think about it, like is this enough to make them want to join?

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a bunch of alliances recruiting for this purpose.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a bunch of alliances recruiting for this purpose.

It's almost as if it's a campaign about joining alliances. 😏

@Miraglyth

Haha no I mean just recruiting temps for rewards, not a regular recruitment for members

It made me think about leaving my solo alliance behind to join one, but I ended up deciding against it.

Me and people don't tend to mix well. I would join one solely for the rewards and then leave it again afterwards, deleting the progress of my solo one in the process. Feels kinda meh, since it's quite a drag to level it solo due to the weekly point limit.

Thankfully, I'm not interested in the hair, so passing on it isn't a terrible loss.

@Zoe

Yeah I feel you. I have crippling anxiety irl so I don’t mix well with people either, even if “strangers are just friends you haven’t met” as the saying goes I just stick to my family.

Good to see another perspective, I was really curious about that. Leveling your solo alliance is hard work with the weekly restrictions, can’t blame you one bit.

The funny thing is if you guys share a ship you could still set up a no-interaction alliance to benefit from faster tree growth progress. Limited to 4,500 AP a week you're probably only just getting Attack to level 8 now. If any of you do it'd definitely be worth mentioning your tree progress to see if they're similar and considering using the merge process.

@Zoe

Yeah I feel you. I have crippling anxiety irl so I don’t mix well with people either, even if “strangers are just friends you haven’t met” as the saying goes I just stick to my family.

Good to see another perspective, I was really curious about that. Leveling your solo alliance is hard work with the weekly restrictions, can’t blame you one bit.

Yeah those weekly restrictions make it tough but holding out till a certain change releases for PSO2 Global. As for me and other alliances I left since I could never speak up when I disagree with how they are running things since I am about as shy as Monica in game xD. I prefer being in control and making my own decisions. 😊

@Milk How many people are in your alliance? If it's small enough, you could merge into another, bigger alliance. I had a few small alliances of about 5 or so people merge into mine before. If you're interested in something like that, let me know.

I don't think it's going to go past 1mil anyways. At least not once people are rewarded it. But depending on what ship your on, your more then welcome to jump on my alliance (ship 1) get the item and jump back. I won't mind and no one else from my alliance would either, plenty of room if you want to bring your husband over so you can link the hair to all characters. But again I do think 12 is rather reasonable, cause for 10,ooo pts is only 3 people getting their max ap standing.

@Blue-Froman

Aww that’s really kind of you! I’d prefer not to merge but I gratefully appreciate the offer. 😄

@ERICK001BC

You guys are seriously nice, we’re not from ship 1 but that was a really kind offer.

Weekly alliance points cap will be updated in the future to 50k

@HarmlessSyan said in Join an Alliance campaign:

It is what I am waiting for tbh.

@HarmlessSyan said in Join an Alliance campaign:

Wait, like 50k AP per person?!

Yikes. Here I'd prided myself on capping out the 4,500 AP every week since I could start playing. 50,000 per week would be an upgrade for alliances but I'm not going to want to maximise that! 😓

Not sure I'd regularly cap 50k out either. Depends on the Alliance orders, I guess - I haven't really cared about those so far, because I cap the 4500 passively, so there's no point in extras.

Just having excess points not going to waste will be neat boon, though. Looking forward to it!