Join an Alliance campaign

Will you guys be joining an alliance for this? I’m a little bummed because I made my own so my loved ones and I can run it together but we’re a small bunch. No cute hair for me. 😞 At least I can get the other stuff, though.

For those of you not in an alliance, are the rewards worth it for you to join one?

To be honest I never wanted to join an alliance, I’ve had the same friend group for eight years across multiple games so the thought of joining a guild with new people wasn’t appealing to me. Someone really nice and chill invited me anyway to probably the most relaxed guild atmosphere I’ve ever seen but the urge to build my own was always there and I left. I do think alliances are a great way to connect with your community and receive help.

I’m curious what you think of the campaign, Arks.

is a ok campaign similar to others that had happened before and is also a good way to get Quna hair again and another Rappy suit because you can't never have enough Rappy suits

@Jamesmor

I wonder if that stuff can be traded? Quna hair is cute.

normally campaign rewards are tradable but they soon reach a absurd price even more hairstyles

Make some alt accounts, can be very useful especially for campaigns and also returner status if you are able to 2 box.

You get 2 items instead of 1 from those orange boxes back at the ship at the end of the daily recommended quests if you are in party with a returnee. The auto-follow on this game is pretty good as it incorporated jumps and stuff to get to the target (though you can still get stuck). Used to 2 box with my laptop/vita to farm team points but my laptop is now dead and vita support was dropped.

@Milk said in Join an Alliance campaign:

Will you guys be joining an alliance for this? I’m a little bummed because I made my own so my loved ones and I can run it together but we’re a small bunch. No cute hair for me. 😞 At least I can get the other stuff, though.

For those of you not in an alliance, are the rewards worth it for you to join one?

There are some alliances out there that are basically "For the campaigns and tree buffs". Kind of like a formal group of independents that have no expectation on each other to do regular trigger runs, compete for alliance trophies, decorate the Alliance Quarters or anything like that.

If you're not in an alliance, or if your existing alliance is either empty or quiet with little tree progress, it's definitely worth joining one of those just for the campaign rewards.

@HarmlessSyan said in Join an Alliance campaign:

Make some alt accounts, can be very useful especially for campaigns and also returner status

I do wish the GMs would clarify is this is permitted. The response to previous questions about multi-accounting have basically been "It's fine if it doesn't break ToS" but arguably using multiple accounts to get multiple one-per-account campaign rewards and to qualify for some rewards in the first place is exploitation and has impact to the economy.

I only really want to know to protect my alliance of independents from another NGS Celebration campaign that has a very specific and unfair dependency on a returnee.

Huh, never thought of that before! I’m too lazy.

Might see if I can just buy the hair, I don’t collect rappy suits.

I wonder for longstanding solo players if this is a good incentive for them to join an alliance. For me I don’t think it would be.

@Miraglyth

I was in a nice alliance like that. No fuss or obligation, it was a good one.

@Miraglyth

I was in a nice alliance like that. No fuss or obligation, it was a good one.

Yep, definitely. I've ended up claiming leadership of the one I'd joined back then, but all it really means is checking the AP at the start of campaigns like this so I can post to the quiet message board when we've gained the 10k needed to qualify for all the rewards.

@Miraglyth

Sounds peaceful! We make enough AP on mine to qualify but we don’t have twelve members and I don’t really want to expand. I’ll pay for the hair fair and square on the market, it’s the easiest solution. Right now we’re at level 5(I don’t know what the max is, new to this) and AP is easy to accumulate.

Sounds peaceful! We make enough AP on mine to qualify but we don’t have twelve members and I don’t really want to expand. I’ll pay for the hair fair and square on the market, it’s the easiest solution. Right now we’re at level 5(I don’t know what the max is, new to this) and AP is easy to accumulate.

I always take screenshots of AP gain because there've been one or two reports from other alliances in the past about not receiving all the rewards despite being convinced they qualified. I want to know for sure we've qualified before a campaign ends and also the ability to present proof if I need to raise a ticket over my alliance not getting rewards to investigate why and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Yeah my alliance is around 25, mostly from the initial PC influx in June. I'm not sure alliances are going through much expansion in general and mine doesn't really have a name that makes it clear we're for independent players, come to think of it. 12 people seems to be the requirement for every campaign so it'd be a good idea to have that many by some means for recurring benefit.

The last campaign I'm pretty sure the rewards were all tradable (the tiered stairs certainly were) but I'm not sure this will always be the case. The flower petals emote from the recent Buy Premium campaign was the first one to not be tradable for instance. It's always wise to go for the natural distribution for this reason, but saving a few million on the player shop prices is a nice secondary benefit.

I believe 5 is the highest alliance level, but that it only really affects what's available in the alliance expansion menu. I've never really paid any attention to that; all the AP goes into the tree for everyone to use!

To be honest I never wanted to join an alliance, I’ve had the same friend group for eight years across multiple games so the thought of joining a guild with new people wasn’t appealing to me. Someone really nice and chill invited me anyway to probably the most relaxed guild atmosphere I’ve ever seen but the urge to build my own was always there and I left. I do think alliances are a great way to connect with your community and receive help.

I’m curious what you think of the campaign, Arks.

In the same boat of being a small alliance so no rewards for me xD

@Miraglyth

I read about something like that, people weren’t getting a campaign reward emote(tea party I believe?) and having to dispute it in the past. I’ll be sure to take screenshots, thank you.

Twenty five is a good number, that’s my guild on ffxiv. I don’t like large guilds. It started with the founders which are my gamer family and over time grew from a friend-of-a-friend invites. I just don’t want to manage that in pso2, I’m notoriously lazy. 😛

I hope the hair can be traded, if not then it will just be something I go without. I couldn’t convince the full gang to give this game a shot thanks to the poor Steam reviews and I don’t know the legality of creating multiple accounts(and I’m too lazy!). It would have to be something huge and untradable to consider anything, but that is a good point. Things I want could be untradable down the road.

In ffxiv if you really had to you could bribe newbies to pad your numbers, you can’t do that here.

@YagyuChan

We get to watch everyone else get cute stuff then, haha the curse of avoiding crowds! I just don’t want a bigger alliance.

The requirements are so bad, you might want to consider expanding just enough to get the reward. If its your family alliance, you set the pace, you set the rules and that's basically it. Plenty of like minded people out there, you could even make a recruiting page saying you need #this many ppl, and if they want to temp join. Who knows you might want them around.

@Miraglyth

I read about something like that, people weren’t getting a campaign reward emote(tea party I believe?) and having to dispute it in the past. I’ll be sure to take screenshots, thank you.

Twenty five is a good number, that’s my guild on ffxiv. I don’t like large guilds. It started with the founders which are my gamer family and over time grew from a friend-of-a-friend invites. I just don’t want to manage that in pso2, I’m notoriously lazy. 😛

I hope the hair can be traded, if not then it will just be something I go without. I couldn’t convince the full gang to give this game a shot thanks to the poor Steam reviews and I don’t know the legality of creating multiple accounts(and I’m too lazy!). It would have to be something huge and untradable to consider anything, but that is a good point. Things I want could be untradable down the road.

In ffxiv if you really had to you could bribe newbies to pad your numbers, you can’t do that here.

@YagyuChan

We get to watch everyone else get cute stuff then, haha the curse of avoiding crowds! I just don’t want a bigger alliance.

I left a bigger alliance not too long ago since I wanted to go make my own alliance but I don't want a massive alliance. 🙂 @Milk

@ERICK001BC

I’m too shy. 😞 I can live without it, I’m just curious what other people think of the campaign. I don’t feel if I were a longstanding solo player that the rewards would be enough of a push to join one but if I were new or thinking about joining anyway it might be a nice bonus, just not the driving force behind the decision.

@YagyuChan

Yeah I left one with 100 members, really nice alliance, felt homey and welcoming but I like my tiny alliance more.