Notice: There is an Alliance falsely repotting people for fun, getting them banned, and bragging about it

Pretty much what it says in the title, the groups name is Blobblush or something like that the team leader is Aza they frequent b1 and do this regularly as their is an exploit in pso2 report system, you get banned with no prior investigation and they do this for fun, be careful everyone

Lemme guess, you gave them a reason to falsely report you, you got suspended/chat banned and now you're taking it up on the forums? There's 2 sides to every story.

@Kofi9867 Me? Lol I’m good, this is just called being considerate and pointing out a problem

What ship is that? I’m assuming a different one than mine because no one’s been talking about it in lobby.

I'm curious as to how someone would become aware of this kind of activity without being affected by it. If they were openly talking about in the cafe or something while others were around, you'd surely be better off using the report function to report them directly.

This might also fall under naming and shaming, though it's a grey area when the name itself is vague and uncertain.

Or is this retaliation for people calling out those who are leaching?

This reminds me of that one thread where this one crazy man was rambling on about a alliance for harassing his son or some malarky like that. Are you actually able to provide evidence of this or is this some rumor made to flame the alliance in question?

@TypeAvalon So you did something, won't say and now you're bitter because they reported you for it. Good Riddance I guess.

It would not be the first time something like this has happened. In Champions Online, they had an auto ban function where if there was enough people reporting you,it would ban you till a gm had time to look. The ones doing it were using it to retaliate against getting reported for either toxic behavior or because them making copyright characters.

@DarkstalkerX99 well this doesn't happen here, for what is being noticed people are not banned right away for reports and are only banned after the team responsible did look into what the player has done so probably if a Alliance is doing that it will backfire and they gonna be the ones with a punishment for doing false reports

The Alliance Instinct did this in the past, there's screenshots of them whispering harrasing and menacing players with massive alliance-wide reportings.

It doesn’t surprise me, there’s always been nasty guilds in videogames.

@DarkstalkerX99 said in Notice: There is an Alliance falsely repotting people for fun, getting them banned, and bragging about it:

It would not be the first time something like this has happened. In Champions Online, they had an auto ban function where if there was enough people reporting you,it would ban you till a gm had time to look. The ones doing it were using it to retaliate against getting reported for either toxic behavior or because them making copyright characters.

While it seems really unlikely. And I guess depending on the game and how quick and negative an impact a player action could be might necessitate such an enforcement method. But that is scary for sure. If only because of other on these forums that espouse same/similar actions towards people that won't e.g. join a party beacon or something. But there are enough of those kinds of thinking people that it could be leveraged to trigger such an enforcement type.

@Jamesmor said in Notice: There is an Alliance falsely repotting people for fun, getting them banned, and bragging about it:

@DarkstalkerX99 well this doesn't happen here, for what is being noticed people are not banned right away for reports and are only banned after the team responsible did look into what the player has done so probably if a Alliance is doing that it will backfire and they gonna be the ones with a punishment for doing false reports

Again, while the idea I would hope is unlikely. It would be nice for that 100% from a GM to say there is not an auto-ban threshold report count.

Not many things worse than a bully. In whatever form and/or quantity they take.

o/ =^.^=

There has been incidents on ship02 of this nature, pretty sure the GMs dealt with that problem but we all know it could happen again.

I saw this thread title and can say that Sega dodged a big bullet by not giving FUN points for reporting. That would have made this thread title all too literal, and the chaos on the lobbies would be the stuff of legends...

I'll shut up now...