Idea to concentrate bots for annihilation.

Lock every block/channel from 4 to above to level 70+

If a bot wants to spam outside that, they'll have to level up!

Yes, it doesn't neutralize the issue, but controls it and adds a bigger timespan to create new bots for spamming!

Thoughts?

@Shirokami07 said in Idea to concentrate bots for annihilation.:

Lock every block/channel from 4 to above to level 70+

If a bot wants to spam outside that, they'll have to level up!

Yes, it doesn't neutralize the issue, but controls it and adds a bigger timespan to create new bots for spamming!

Thoughts?

I feel my story based requirement is a better solution than this and this will only serve to make the people below 70 angry. Not to mention the potential of an influx of new people post a new update.

Make it an one or another requirement.

The thing is, story can be skipped and abused a lot faster.

not really since they still have to fight the enemies which in itself takes a while with 1* gear. One thing I do agree on is maybe more requirements are needed.

@YagyuChan said in Idea to concentrate bots for annihilation.:

not really since they still have to fight the enemies which in itself takes a while with 1* gear. One thing I do agree on is maybe more requirements are needed.

With the exception of Phaleg (even in casual story mode) all of the casual story quests are balanced to level 30-35. In addition, the bots could just party with one another like in Final Fantasy XIV and use wall/teleport hacks to hover high enough above enemies to disallow them to attack them (and still be able to melee the enemies with said hacks.) These parties could flood expeditions and simply sit in them 24/7 between maints, since PSO2 doesn't kick you from the game unless a maint occurs.

Believe it or not GameGuard is practically useless, and you can still teleport/wall hack with it on. And even if you think that's low EXP, they could simply wall hack past the barrier in Tokyo Gold. Or even use packets to fake the game into thinking it took a bonus ticket, when it actually didn't.

This is why I hope people don't try and use TAS on PSO2's speedruns. Because they could find exploits like these.

If you're wondering why I keep referencing FFXIV's bots. I should mention, Final Fantasy XIV has bots that use DirectX injection to bypass programs that would normally flag their wallhacking/etc. as cheating/etc. This also, as a negative effect, makes it so the game actually isn't receiving inputs. This is why you might see bots attacking things even while in AFK status on FFXIV. The bots are actually bypassing the game altogether and hooking into DirectX itself to find 3D spatial elements.

@coldreactive said in Idea to concentrate bots for annihilation.:

@YagyuChan said in Idea to concentrate bots for annihilation.:

With the exception of Phaleg (even in casual story mode) all of the casual story quests are balanced to level 30-35. In addition, the bots could just party with one another like in Final Fantasy XIV and use wall/teleport hacks to hover high enough above enemies to disallow them to attack them (and still be able to melee the enemies with said hacks.) These parties could flood expeditions and simply sit in them 24/7 between maints, since PSO2 doesn't kick you from the game unless a maint occurs.

Believe it or not GameGuard is practically useless, and you can still teleport/wall hack with it on. And even if you think that's low EXP, they could simply wall hack past the barrier in Tokyo Gold. Or even use packets to fake the game into thinking it took a bonus ticket, when it actually didn't.

This is why I hope people don't try and use TAS on PSO2's speedruns. Because they could find exploits like these.

If you're wondering why I keep referencing FFXIV's bots. I should mention, Final Fantasy XIV has bots that use DirectX injection to bypass programs that would normally flag their wallhacking/etc. as cheating/etc. This also, as a negative effect, makes it so the game actually isn't receiving inputs. This is why you might see bots attacking things even while in AFK status on FFXIV. The bots are actually bypassing the game altogether and hooking into DirectX itself to find 3D spatial elements.

Easy for SEGA to detect they already do so in Japan.