Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?

@ZorokiHanuke there's another detail there that you need to consider in PSO2 the aggro skills just raise the aggro you generate momentarely and not like in other games that have the tank role that have skills that will raise your aggro in a huge quantity right away so even if you want to be a tank in PSO2 is not possible to keep the aggro over yourself all the time something that is pretty important when you are a tanker.

@RainGnyu said in Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?:

Isn’t their a class that sets trap?

There is a class that sets their traps, its called ranger. But i dont know what their trap has to do with tanking, since there are only some CC skills that might regenerate some PP ,If skilled accordingly. 😄🍺

I could be wrong tho, but would love to learn more about this.

If I had better gear, more PP, and was better at dodging- Bou/Tech would be more tanky. (More beef, but not for solo DPS intake.)

It's got great movement, the buffs make AoE skills handy in unison with Megiverse.

Will have to see how Bou/Etoile goes, but from what I've seen it's got a counter skill.

Kinda longish bout of replies so Hang On.

@Shirokami07 said in Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?:

Also, "tanking" or better said switching aggro makes it harder for everyone to actually track an incoming attack.

You'll be getting people killed more easily than actually helping them survive.

Yeah. I've noted that as well. Mostly for field bosses that can break patterns when switching enemies. And in the case of fast movers like what we are finding on Bewitch forest, we can miss a few strong, slow to build bursts when the boss decides some other dude deserves his attention...

@Jamesmor said in Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?:

there's another detail there that you need to consider in PSO2 the aggro skills just raise the aggro you generate momentarely and not like in other games that have the tank role that have skills that will raise your aggro in a huge quantity right away so even if you want to be a tank in PSO2 is not possible to keep the aggro over yourself all the time something that is pretty important when you are a tanker.

That then makes the build even less ideal, as it would mean, as previously stated, even more target changes by bosses.

@Scerms77 I tried traps, but they were slow to set up, and enemies needed to be pretty much on top of them to be of use. maybe someone out there has better use for them. But when I play ranger I'll stick to weak bullet.

@MasterDarkwingz I wouldn't say "tanky" but being harder to kill or survival. As the term "tank" may also imply holding agrro and all those things this game doesn't have but some people pretend it does. And OP isn't the first to ask, I believe. Then again, Bo is pretty alright with it's kit because all the evasion that can pull us out of ridiculously tight situations. Though on my end, I picked Hu as sub, which makes me able to take an extra hit or two. Though I may be changing later, if any of the scion subs can convince me.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?:

As Shirokami and to some extent I try to say, this game is not a holy trinity game. Bosses, the actual meat of the content, are not held nor guided by tanks. Sure, you could grab their attention for the whole fight, but most of their attack kit will still reach all or most of the group fighting it.

In holy trinity MMOs, a tank is used to make the boss use many of it's attacks on the tank or the area the tank is at, while leaving his flank free for the dps to attack without the risk of being hit themselves. Some attacks are AOE in those games, to wake up the DPS and healers. But for the most part, it's the tank's job to keep getting the hits. This doesn't quite happen here in PSO2. So for the most part, any damage a "tank" will block/evade/absorb, the rest of the players will also need to deal with it.

So in the end, you can make a tanky build, but only to benefit yourself. If you are still onto it, make it in a way that doesn't sacrifice damage, or you will be less useful to a party because of sub par performance.

Ok wasn’t sure. Thank you!

Do you think 🤔 the new game NG will be like that?

@RainGnyu Hard to tell. But I'm more biased into thinking NG will be more like current PSO2. It's a formula that hasn't changed much since the original Dreamcast game (only added upon), and I think it doesn't need much changing now. just more balancing and fleshing out, to make it a truly unique combat experience.

By now, this game offers better action combat than Tera, a game that's advertised as the best at that. So really I don't want much of this changed. Much less to conform to a holy trinity, which usually makes fights less mobile, repetitive and boring.

The hardest thing to evaluate is if I am effective. I can’t tell if I am helping or crunching off others. Nobody has said anything (I don’t pay attention to chat) as I go through the motions.

I believe I have done all the calculations and have copied others spec but still can’t see solid results other than nobody has to revive me and I take little to no damage even when I solo ultimate runs.

Take Fing long time to kill boss this reason I was thinking tank build is a thing.

@RainGnyu Hard to tell. But I'm more biased into thinking NG will be more like current PSO2. It's a formula that hasn't changed much since the original Dreamcast game (only added upon), and I think it doesn't need much changing now. just more balancing and fleshing out, to make it a truly unique combat experience.

By now, this game offers better action combat than Tera, a game that's advertised as the best at that. So really I don't want much of this changed. Much less to conform to a holy trinity, which usually makes fights less mobile, repetitive and boring.

But isn’t trinity base games revolves around guild base corporation? Pso2 has released the alliance/guild aspect of the game which leads me to believe we going in that direction.

there's gameplay footage of New Genesis combat and is like PSO2 combat so don't expect rolls just a different formula of the combat we have now

@RainGnyu Alliances and the trinity system don't need to be together. They do two different things. Alliances/guilds just bring people of usually similar goals together, while the trinity is a combat system.

Kinda longish bout of replies so Hang On.

@Shirokami07 said in Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?:

Also, "tanking" or better said switching aggro makes it harder for everyone to actually track an incoming attack.

You'll be getting people killed more easily than actually helping them survive.

Yeah. I've noted that as well. Mostly for field bosses that can break patterns when switching enemies. And in the case of fast movers like what we are finding on Bewitch forest, we can miss a few strong, slow to build bursts when the boss decides some other dude deserves his attention...

@Jamesmor said in Isn’t there a Tank class or build in this game?:

there's another detail there that you need to consider in PSO2 the aggro skills just raise the aggro you generate momentarely and not like in other games that have the tank role that have skills that will raise your aggro in a huge quantity right away so even if you want to be a tank in PSO2 is not possible to keep the aggro over yourself all the time something that is pretty important when you are a tanker.

That then makes the build even less ideal, as it would mean, as previously stated, even more target changes by bosses.

@Scerms77 I tried traps, but they were slow to set up, and enemies needed to be pretty much on top of them to be of use. maybe someone out there has better use for them. But when I play ranger I'll stick to weak bullet.

@MasterDarkwingz I wouldn't say "tanky" but being harder to kill or survival. As the term "tank" may also imply holding agrro and all those things this game doesn't have but some people pretend it does. And OP isn't the first to ask, I believe. Then again, Bo is pretty alright with it's kit because all the evasion that can pull us out of ridiculously tight situations. Though on my end, I picked Hu as sub, which makes me able to take an extra hit or two. Though I may be changing later, if any of the scion subs can convince me.

I dont use traps either. Its somehow suggested to do so, to regenerate PP. But as you said, its too clunky to use, at least for me.

The hardest thing to evaluate is if I am effective. I can’t tell if I am helping or crunching off others. Nobody has said anything (I don’t pay attention to chat) as I go through the motions.

I believe I have done all the calculations and have copied others spec but still can’t see solid results other than nobody has to revive me and I take little to no damage even when I solo ultimate runs.

Take Fing long time to kill boss this reason I was thinking tank build is a thing.

The best questions you can make to yourself to know if you're being effective is the following:

"Am I dealing the maximum damage and DPS possible?"

"Is my damage good enough for this content?"

If the answers to any of them is no, well, you need to improve your player hand skills or your gear.

For an instance, have in mind that enchanted forest/bewitched woods bosses die below 1 minute and 30 seconds in a decent MPA on the final difficulty available.

But isn’t trinity base games revolves around guild base corporation? Pso2 has released the alliance/guild aspect of the game which leads me to believe we going in that direction.

No, we're not going to that direction, ever.

Guild/alliance is just a chat channel.