Endless whines will be the new hot topic..

@Amari-Kigu said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

@Tasty-Human-bits said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

Is thier significant rewards lockex behind it or just epeen stroking?

Significant rewards unfortunately

Technically true, but rewards are not locked behind progress or scores. The words you're posted so far are implying that you have to play endless and get really far in order to get good shit when this isnt true.

While class balance is slanted towards particular builds, that has nothing to do with the drops. I farmed endless for drops a lot, but I never even bothered with attempting a single lap and I still got tons of good drops from reaching a certain point (in a casual manner mind you) and leaving my desk to do something else and let the timer run out.

The high score aspect of endless is a community challenge oriented thing. The only objective rewards you get from reaching score milestones is titles and the rewards from titles, which is just a small chunk of SG (think around 200ish). Not only that, but regardless of your class choice, as long as you're in a party you can still make it far and rewards are also not based off of party comp, so 4 man and solo get the same rewards.

Of course, you're more likely to get more stuff the longer you play in a single run but that's by virtue of fighting more shit that has drops. So if you want to farm efficiently, then yeah it'll help to be able to run 1 lap to technically fight everything that drops what you want.

Deadass tho bro? It aint that deep. It's non essential content for anyone not aiming to live in end-game or engage in community driven score attacks. Sega has never held an endless oriented event and has always been treated as a side thing at best.

While the endless quest complaints will likely come, make sure that when you make threads like this that your a bastion of good discussion.

The endless quest titles have specific number of players - and yes it's only a 1 time SG title thing.

There's solo ones as well as duo and trio. There's a 4 man one where everyone is different class and free one where it can be anything.

First off, lets clear the air and be blunt. EP5 on the JP server didn't go over too well, in fact putting it mildly it was met with significant disdain and forced the developers to rush content to keep the playerbase happy, this is why you have a rehashed content aka enchanted forest, rehashed Luther and they wanted something else to keep the tryhards playing and paying and thus, Endless was born.

The problem is, Endless was rushed and had absolutely very limited testing done and as such, frankly speaking its 100% geared towards gunners and nothing else, if you're not a gunner then your kinder screwed to be honest...okay, some classes are 'okay' in Rondo but literally not remotely in the same league as a geared and experienced gunner.

Your not a gunner but still heavily geared? Doesn't matter, you're still in for a very rough time and just not going to be able to remotely compete, most people who played on the JP servers already know about Endless and have been gearing up their GU/FI which is the clearly king of endless quests, with ET/PH the only other which can compete with it, all other classes are either simply not viable or just average at best, this poor balancing really didn't help PSO2 case on the JP server, also Endless was another one of the biggest source of toxicity among the playerbase.

Strong suggestion for people wanting to do Rondo, do it only with your alliance and especially if your not a GU/FI. If your going to pug Rondo, expect to be geared checked and class checked if you get unfortunately paired with some tryhard players.

Stat breakdown for UH endless, this is for solo clears but shows significantly how unbalanced Endless is, and even today 2 years later...it hasn't changed "that" much, any none optimal classes need to be BIS geared to stand a chance. https://i.redd.it/13tyn7ugo3e11.jpg

You really went off the deep end bro.

-UH endless doesn't exist. It's been XH at most since release on both quests.

-Memories was play tested a lot besides the Naberius Ultimate Quest stage where multiple players have complained for years about the weakpoint order being trash. Players have just learned to complete it over time since sega stood by not changing it.

-Rondo was designed around a group, which sega admitted to on a livestream, and is just poorly designed for solo play. However, they did specify it's also designed around EP6 power creep and utilities (like SSAs, pp regen from Genon weapons, etc.), so don't expect that quest to be easy for a while. Give this one time to sink in, it's just a hard quest.

-The "GU IS OP" that you're showing in that image is super misleading. That was before Another S-roll Arts Mode was nerfed (which NA currently already has in its nerfed state) when people were playing Recollection on release 2 years ago in JP . Class balance has improved vastly since then, besides Fighter and arguably Summoner.

" also Endless was another one of the biggest source of toxicity among the playerbase." this is just a flat out lie or misinformation. nothing more to say to it...

@Amari-Kigu

Your not a gunner but still heavily geared? Doesn't matter, you're still in for a very rough time and just not going to be able to remotely compete, most people who played on the JP servers already know about Endless and have been gearing up their GU/FI which is the clearly king of endless quests, with ET/PH the only other which can compete with it, all other classes are either simply not viable or just average at best

funny quote by funny clown man

I tried Rondo a little (Bow Braver) the other day and thought it was pretty fun. TBH I was getting a little lazy since not much was challenging. I am looking forward to doing more of them.

@MiyenHalo said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

I tried Rondo a little (Bow Braver) the other day and thought it was pretty fun. TBH I was getting a little lazy since not much was challenging. I am looking forward to doing more of them.

🤔 😹 🙄 😬

@Agent-Falco said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

@Amari-Kigu

Your not a gunner but still heavily geared? Doesn't matter, you're still in for a very rough time and just not going to be able to remotely compete, most people who played on the JP servers already know about Endless and have been gearing up their GU/FI which is the clearly king of endless quests, with ET/PH the only other which can compete with it, all other classes are either simply not viable or just average at best

Check the stats for endless, they speak for themselves. Gu/Fi own Rondo so hard, no other classes really get close to competing. The whole idea about it is being efficient and doing big dmg hits quickly as possible, Gu/Fi are BEASTS when it comes to this and slapping down chain on a boss at the right time is the key, no other class can com close to this in Endless.

These arguments are literally the exact same on reddit several years ago, when people got defensive because they didn't want gunners to be nerfed, this isn't about any nerfs just stating some facts because I know people are going to whine, already seen people whining and complaining in lobbies about it.

I would love to see an updated statistics for solo runs and I'm willing to bet that Gunners are still waay ahead in clears even to this day. The reason why this content is a mess is because its pretty overtuned and unfortunately with poor class balancing equals poorly balanced content, Sega and the developers have always had problems with balancing.

13tyn7ugo3e11.jpg

@Amari-Kigu I THINK I know what you want to say, but the way you say it, perhaps others may be misinterpreting it. I suppose the core of your post is that the content is heavily biased towards a certain class combination, and the devs in charge of balancing it should balance it. But while saying "people will whine" may be true, this also triggers another sub sector of the forum posting player base, which would have reacted differently if the whine part wasn't mentioned.

Did I get it? Or how far am I from it?

@Amari-Kigu

Check the stats for endless, they speak for themselves. Gu/Fi own Rondo so hard, no other classes really get close to competing. The whole idea about it is being efficient and doing big dmg hits quickly as possible, Gu/Fi are BEASTS when it comes to this and slapping down chain on a boss at the right time is the key, no other class can com close to this in Endless.

These arguments are literally the exact same on reddit several years ago, when people got defensive because they didn't want gunners to be nerfed, this isn't about any nerfs just stating some facts because I know people are going to whine, already seen people whining and complaining in lobbies about it.

I would love to see an updated statistics for solo runs and I'm willing to bet that Gunners are still waay ahead in clears even to this day. The reason why this content is a mess is because its pretty overtuned and unfortunately with poor class balancing equals poorly balanced content, Sega and the developers have always had problems with balancing.

13tyn7ugo3e11.jpg

How can you say you're a JP vet when you're so heavily misinformed? The graph you're showing is from 2018 when Recollection released on -JP-. Since then SRoll has been nerfed by 25% (and the nerfed version is what's currently on NA), and 2 years of buffs have been applied to other classes. Come on.......

For the record, Luster holds the highest solo score on both quests now. Gunner isn't even close to the highest score in either endless quest anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

@Milranduil said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

@Amari-Kigu

13tyn7ugo3e11.jpg

How can you say you're a JP vet when you're so heavily misinformed? The graph you're showing is from 2018 when Recollection released on -JP-. Since then SRoll has been nerfed by 25% (and the nerfed version is what's currently on NA), and 2 years of buffs have been applied to other classes. Come on.......

For the record, Luster holds the highest solo score on both quests now. Gunner isn't even close to the highest score in either endless quest anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

and of course i cannot delete my own double post after trying to edit

Lets not forget that Glint, a Hunter main, listed as a 0% rate of 1 lap clearing in that graph on Memories, currently has a solo score of 55m on NA on that exact same quest, lol

Turns out a lot of balance changes have happened in 2 months, and some classes also have better utility and weapons at the moment than others do because of the amount of changes that have happened and whats been available. Realistically I believe that every class should be able to 1 lap right now, bar maybe techer and summoner. I'll try summoner later but it's REALLY lacking good utility, 14* pets like Redran, Lightstream, phantom sub, etcetera. Summoner is a class that gets slaughtered in this quest because of stage order buffs never applying to the pet, and the stage orders being generally harder to complete.

A valid complaint would be that a lot of classes are screwed over (and this DOES include hunter even) by the lack of a PP battery. We only have S2 Spirited Response (called Luminous Grace) and they skipped TDVR entirely in EP4, didn't replace the orbit OTs with NT versions in TD4, and so we don't have proper PP batteries on most classes, leading to PP management struggles. Also, S2 Luminous Grace is ludicrously rare from Trick or Treat right now.

This is one of those threads where the OP tries to misinform people.

Rondo doesn't have drops that are super valuable. The only reason the Persona drops would even be valued is because we got Rondo early. All of those drops will be in the game when we get persona.

Rondo isn't worth doing atm because NA really lacks the gear to do so. PP is already a hell of a struggle.

@NIC said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

Rondo doesn't have drops that are super valuable. The only reason the Persona drops would even be valued is because we got Rondo early. All of those drops will be in the game when we get persona.

Rondo isn't worth doing atm because NA really lacks the gear to do so. PP is already a hell of a struggle.

Rondo does have drops that are super valuable actually. S1 Augment Will is currently the best S1 and ideal for certain ways of affixing (if you want Phrase Weak or something, the Lightstream/Trailblazer S1 will not beat it). It also can drop Elder Reverie, S2 Precision Will 2, Timeflow Grace, and more.

What's misleading is the idea that you need to be a god gamer to get this stuff -- you don't. You only need to actually get past the first interval for most of that stuff to have a drop chance.

That said, soloing it right now? Fat no. It was released end of EP5, and was balanced for mid-ep6. They straight up said you won't be comfortable until mid-ep6.

Memories is better balance for current state, and there's a lot of learning to be done. But the lack of PP batteries is definitely a gigantic issue.

@Theuberclips said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

@NIC said in Endless whines will be the new hot topic..:

Rondo does have drops that are super valuable actually. S1 Augment Will is currently the best S1 and ideal for certain ways of affixing (if you want Phrase Weak or something, the Lightstream/Trailblazer S1 will not beat it). It also can drop Elder Reverie, S2 Precision Will 2, Timeflow Grace, and more.

What's misleading is the idea that you need to be a god gamer to get this stuff -- you don't. You only need to actually get past the first interval for most of that stuff to have a drop chance.

That said, soloing it right now? Fat no. It was released end of EP5, and was balanced for mid-ep6. They straight up said you won't be comfortable until mid-ep6.

Memories is better balance for current state, and there's a lot of learning to be done. But the lack of PP batteries is definitely a gigantic issue.

If these drops are super valued, I apologize. I was more so referring to the persona drops, and should have clarified better in my post.

The reddit post the OP linked talked about the persona drops like they were some seriously rare drops that we weren't going to see or something.