50 minutes of patching? WTF?

It takes me less time than that to download a whole new expansion for FF14... and I know this patch is nowhere near the size of that. I don't have 300+ mbps download and upload speed for nothing.

Patching the game took me less then a minute. It' ain't Sega.

It aint me. so it's sega. unless the game was uninstalled randomly again by this patch...

This would be why you use the tweaker

@NIC I tried that, it broke my entire install and it took almost 2 days to be able to play again. no thanks.

Then you most likely installed it wrong.

@NIC If following all the instructions on the official tweaker page 100% to the letter is wrong, than sure.

@ZeeHero9271 said in 50 minutes of patching? WTF?:

@NIC If following all the instructions on the official tweaker page 100% to the letter is wrong, than sure.

I mean, you can believe what ya wish - I'm just pointing out the obvious. I get the tweaker isn't the easiest thing to install, and it has some odd things that you have to do to use it, but you can't just go around and blame everyone else whenever something goes wrong for you.

I didn't install it wrong, it broke my game, not touching it again. I might see if I can use the steam version instead at some point in the future but not sure if that is possible.

Steam Version apparently also has the "deletes itself" problem, just an FYI

download speed is affected by how many connections are happening at the same time not only by the user but also from the server so if you are downloading at the same moment tons of people are doing it too the speed goes down

@Jamesmor said in 50 minutes of patching? WTF?:

download speed is affected by how many connections are happening at the same time not only by the user but also from the server so if you are downloading at the same moment tons of people are doing it too the speed goes down

It also doesn't help that if you don't have the tweaker every single file is checked that you've already downloaded.

My own patching just took like 3 minutes for the Steam version. Guess people get different experiences for this or that reason.

Took me like 4 minutes.

Took me literally a second with the tweaker.

Yeah, gonna go with it's something on the TC's side.