An idea for stopping spam Meseta bots for NGS

So we all suffer from those annoying $$$ for Meseta messages from bots. Without any proper measures being taken, this problem is only going to continue to exist in NGS. Because NGS will allow for cross play with PSO 2, characters made in PSO 2 will easily still be around. However players, and characters for NGS will have to create their accounts. Why not make a longer and harder authentication process or some sort of account link? Maybe setup a PSO account that can be linked vi Gamertag, steam, pc that way it incorporates all platforms. This way people can't just create new emails or fake accounts, which would also be a lot harder to create, similar to how facebook does it.

If creating a new account for example requires more verification, passwords, etc, then this will halt some of the many many bots. On that note, consider that one person does make a valid account and makes multiple characters that they use for bot spamming. If these characters get blacklisted and reported and banned, then there should be suspicion that the account is a breach account and can be handled before it get's too bad.

Again this won't stop the vast amount of bots that already exist, and this also wont stop the market from suffering because of it, but it might spark some sort of counter measure before it gets to infect NGS as well.

the problem is not PSO2 account creation but Steam and Microsoft account creation that are pretty simple to do so they need to redo the process of making those accounts to stop the bots

I like this idea. I already link my Steam account anyway, it wouldn’t be intrusive.

The only way to stop bots that I've ever seen actually work is making something require paying to play like bought expansions.

Any areas that require the player to purchase an expansion in FF14 are always bot free.

@ZeeHero9271 said in An idea for stopping spam Meseta bots for NGS:

Any areas that require the player to purchase an expansion in FF14 are always bot free.

Not true. 1000s of Bots existed before free trial. Even when free trial occured, most bots leveled to 50, which at the time, only allowed up to level 35 maximum in the free trial. This was later raised to 60 in the current free trial rather recently.

Also, the free trial doesn't allow whispers/tells/shout/yell. And a fair few advertising bots still use whisper/tell.

@ZeeHero9271

Unfortunately that alienates the players who can’t pay that, the game doesn’t have a big enough playerbase to do it. I agree with you, though. I never saw bots in idle friendly areas in higher lvl maps.

@Milk They could Lock chat until level 10. Make the quest very text dialogue going from one person client to another to finally unlock the ability. Plenty of games do this so you can't post on the main chat open until you complete the basic introduction, even as simple as the 1st quest. If they can't post at level 1 they will have to play a bit to get to level 10 and complete the client orders.

@ERICK001BC You can literally level to 21 in the first five minutes of the game, just sitting in the lobby doing all the starter quests. It would make more sense to do what SEGA used to do in Japan, according to Vets of the game, and force players to create a SEGA ID that has your home number, and address, and whatever else they used to ask of you, as supposedly there were fewer bots on the JP version.

I have resolved this in another thread but people keep declining my solution which is a story requirement since it would force bot makers to re-do their bots to complete that part of the story or force them to manually do it. Episode 1 completion requirement is a long term fix.

@YagyuChan

I like your idea the best. The personal information thing in jp would get a lot of pushback in the states, people are too paranoid even if they have to enter their personal information for a lot of other sites.

Story is painless but it’s long, it would be a great deterrent.

@Milk said in An idea for stopping spam Meseta bots for NGS:

@YagyuChan

I like your idea the best. The personal information thing in jp would get a lot of pushback in the states, people are too paranoid even if they have to enter their personal information for a lot of other sites.

Story is painless but it’s long, it would be a great deterrent.

@Milk

Thank you 🙂 I feel it is better than previous solutions such as account linking or premium only blocks since the makers already steal accounts and cards from their victims which would nullify them completely and this way it means SEGA doesn't have to ban so many bot accounts for RMT.

It can be as simple as forcing people to play until they've completed the subclass trial (which requires defeating specific mobs with RNG spawning) to unlock non-party chat.

@_Flux_ said in An idea for stopping spam Meseta bots for NGS:

It can be as simple as forcing people to play until they've completed the subclass trial (which requires defeating specific mobs with RNG spawning) to unlock non-party chat.

easy to circumvent if just a subclass trial since I can finish that in like 5 minutes or less on a new character tbh.

@YagyuChan said in An idea for stopping spam Meseta bots for NGS:

@_Flux_ said in An idea for stopping spam Meseta bots for NGS:

easy to circumvent if just a subclass trial since I can finish that in like 5 minutes or less on a new character tbh.

Especially with Level-Up quests coming soon.

why not have it where you try to repeat same thing over again an system doesnt send it or just censors it.

or if you spam the same thing over a certain period of time game boots ya out for awhile.