Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?

@MelforneStyler said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

@Milk

Yeah, there's some screenshots of JP people attempt to make one as well. They look pretty dope too.

c7861061-33c4-4ba7-abd8-6e589e4bf77e-image.png

ad81a6ea-b282-4b45-931d-1e78894a6163-image.png

I wonder when we're gonna get that beard, might look pretty good on my male alt.

Oh shit. Those look pretty cool.

@Jamesmor said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

@RainGnyu said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

Not for myself .........your personal opinion only matters to you! Your choice is to play or not play. I understand your personal perspective but you guys are advocating change base on your personal perspective.

man the irony of those words are priceless, you are talking about others personal opinion while shouting your own personal opinion, what people here are saying is not to change the game, they are asking to get the same that was released in Japan that clearly we are not getting.

To me you are talking about a different game! Never play JP nor do I care to. I am playing NA!

@Thedovahmon said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

@MelforneStyler said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

@Milk

Yeah, there's some screenshots of JP people attempt to make one as well. They look pretty dope too.

c7861061-33c4-4ba7-abd8-6e589e4bf77e-image.png

ad81a6ea-b282-4b45-931d-1e78894a6163-image.png

I wonder when we're gonna get that beard, might look pretty good on my male alt.

Oh shit. Those look pretty cool.

That pretty cool! Like the look!

Oh my god we need dwarves immediately!

@Milk said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

Oh my god we need dwarves immediately!

I agree 💯

@SeriPSO2 said in How many of you in the USA have Voted?:

@Milk Their previous threads have been the same too, trying to act as if the OP wasn't meant to be interpreted this way or that way. When it's straight forward and no real way to misinterpret the intended message and then try to emphasize their point by making excuses.

It's already obvious by now as evident from his countless posts in the past, the person in question is trying to create unnecessary drama and feigning ignorance. The same can be said for the commentary!

I don't know if it's Sega, Microsoft, or Lionbridge doing the content policing, but whatever the case, it has to stop. Furthermore, translation quality needs to improve. The work done so far is very poor quality overall, and the omission of huge swathes of content (like the item descriptions) is not acceptable.

I am a real player, not "someone banned who is making another free account". I have over a thousand hours in PSO2 Global already, and more than 15,000 hours in PSO2 JP. I have spent, and continue to spend a lot of money on this game. The content policies in place are making me very nervous for the future of PSO2 in the west, including NGS.

@OPPAI-INARI

It’s making me nervous too and I don’t think it’s going to stop in NGS.

This is definitely not short enough. pso20201027_190620_005.jpg It should tower over me even more.

@Weirdo

The cat should be taller than you. 😛

Oh boy here we go again.

Yes I do agree that the censorship needs to stop.

Also, Captive Records is OK but showing innerwear is not? That's some smoothbrain logic.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

in the case with the Smart Inner innerwear, there's no longer any valid reason for the omission of it, especially with the addition of "Seana Leathers [In]" which is literally Smart Inner with a tattoo.

I'm not here to debate or argue a case for every single thing that's been changed. Only that in this case, simply add the original item that was available from the start. No pitchforks, no sky-is-falling overreactions. Just simply replace what was removed. There's no reason not to now.

+1 to this.

I could relate it to other content removals - it is another silly inconsistency - but this simple point stands well enough by itself.

Why do they have to put in extra effort for unwanted changes?

@Miraglyth said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

in the case with the Smart Inner innerwear, there's no longer any valid reason for the omission of it, especially with the addition of "Seana Leathers [In]" which is literally Smart Inner with a tattoo.

I'm not here to debate or argue a case for every single thing that's been changed. Only that in this case, simply add the original item that was available from the start. No pitchforks, no sky-is-falling overreactions. Just simply replace what was removed. There's no reason not to now.

+1 to this. I could relate it to other content removals - in particular because it is another silly inconsistency - but this simple point stands well enough by itself.

Fwiw, this point isn't really relevant anymore. It was posted before the maint, when Seana Leathers innerwear was shown with the wrong icon on the announcement site (basically a smart innerwear+tattoo). What we got in the scratch is シーナの革鎧[In], which always looked as it does on Global.

I still want Smart Innerwear to get in, but the post's reasoning is kinda moot now, unless you point the revealingness of Smart Inner to something like Luna Prophecy instead of a direct analog like the original icon the site posted.

@OPPAI-INARI said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

I don't know if it's Sega, Microsoft, or Lionbridge doing the content policing, but whatever the case, it has to stop. Furthermore, translation quality needs to improve. The work done so far is very poor quality overall, and the omission of huge swathes of content (like the item descriptions) is not acceptable.

I am a real player, not "someone banned who is making another free account". I have over a thousand hours in PSO2 Global already, and more than 15,000 hours in PSO2 JP. I have spent, and continue to spend a lot of money on this game. The content policies in place are making me very nervous for the future of PSO2 in the west, including NGS.

Austrailia's going after anime and banning them, so can we blame them for trying to classify our PSO2 artwork as well?

(Although I doubt it's them, if Global team is getting stuff in batches from someone.)

I love seeing stuff from the JP server, dwarfs are underrated for cosplay thematic.