Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?

@Scerms77

Yeah I see where you’re coming from. I’m frustrated because a good chunk of the flat shoe options are school uniforms. I don’t like that look. Right now I’ve got it covered up with a jacket and accessory skirt because I just want to stay 5’0-5’2 without dressing like a child. It’s one of my D&D characters, it doesn’t look right when she’s taller. If I could make her even two inches shorter, I could wear the vast majority of outfits.

I'm surprised nobody brought up how the Hariette Battlewear basewear has also been censored by adding the top part of the corresponding innerwear to it until now with me being the one pointing it out.

@CalvinaCoulange Oh, that was pointed out in a different topic.

Was it? I missed it entirely.

No wonder I missed it.

I am assuming that any "new" cosmetic additions to the western client were pre planned long ago. So the team may not be actively censoring stuff, other than the word changes, but simply adding the outfits they had already on queue. It's probably just that (again, as an assumption) those outfits were already edited way before the Global game even released. That's one of the ways I can see the issue with the outfits.

As for word changing? COULD be build based. What's a build? For those who may not know, some games update in what's called a "build", which is simply a 'packaged' more updated version of the game, given by the dev to the publisher to deploy on their region. I'm trying to say this in the simplest words so everyone can see my point. Those builds could have been created months before release, and maybe the older builds didn't have so many edits, while newer builds included the word changing.

Again, this is simply me assuming.

I don’t apologize for anything. Y’all whining and crying is annoying. Nobody playing the actual game.. and I’ve played it legit since day one, beta included.. has ever mentioned any of this. Nobody really gives a damn. Only people that sit here or in the fashion lobby doing nothing care about any of this. You keep creating a new topic to share the same viewpoints that people stopped caring about in the last 10 topics. This is another topic begging for attention topic by a banned user with a new name rehashing the same complaints as before. No matter how many new topics you make. No matter how many names you make. No matter how sweaty your fingers get rushing to make a new name.. it’s all irrelevant. Nothing will change. Nobody will listen. Sega doesn’t care. Microsoft doesn’t care. People actually playing the game don’t care. The two alliances I’ve been in since day 1 don’t care. The people in the lobby never mention this, ever.

Only the people in this forum do. If you want to complain about censorship go outside and be a leader in your community. Because nobody in this community legitimately cares. And I’ll let y’all debate this comment while I go to sleep I’m sure I’ve given you an hours worth of meaningful debate to cry about all night and all morning. Let’s see if you can manage to get this topic to 10 pages before it’s gone too.

And rather or not you can handle it, you just heart another edition, of the Truth.

@Cult

I wasn’t aware you personally knew every single person who plays this game to make a statement like that.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

I'm surprised nobody brought up how the Hariette Battlewear basewear has also been censored by adding the top part of the corresponding innerwear to it until now with me being the one pointing it out.

Oh they censored another Harriet layering wear set too?

What was the new set that's been changed that got shown in the ARKS hour preview?

@Cult I play Global and I do care. Are you saying that because I care that I am "nobody?"

@Cult Yes, and your comment was so much more productive. Just screaming about people complaining about things. Guess why we keep making new threads on censorship, because they keep adding new fuel to the fire. People are allowed to complain about things they dislike about any media. No matter how nicely you try to say it, you're basically just telling people to shut up and consume media without thinking about it. You also can't really say people that care about these changes don't matter, especially in regards to the changes they are now also doing about cosmetics, when people buying and selling cosmetics is probably the thing the PSO2 team makes the most money on. They're basically looking a gift horse in the mouth at this point.

Until they decide to actually listen to people's complaints we will keep complaining. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean everyone else can't.

I admittedly wasn’t around the forums for the major censorship thread but I would’ve complained too. Yes there are things I don’t personally care about but it affects players other than myself, that’s a reason to demand change. Plus, you let one thing slide by and it just starts happening more frequently. You don’t accomplish anything by keeping silent about it.

@Cult said in Can we Stop With Pointless Censorship?:

Nobody really gives a damn. Only people that sit here or in the fashion lobby doing nothing care about any of this.

In F2P games, the majority of their income typically comes from whales. The only way to really whale in this game is by buying AC scratches, which are almost solely dedicated to fashion (well, and SG for SG scratches if you really wanna, which are also dedicated to fashion).

If nobody cared about fashion like you claim they don't, the PSO2 economy wouldn't work and SEGA would probably make only a fraction of what they're currently making off it. It doesn't mean people don't care about something just because you don't hear them yelling about it publicly in the in-game lobbies, where it would have even less chance of reaching SEGA's ears than on this forum.