Mission Pass 9 is a bit of a disappointment

I know Casts have been screaming for some love for a while and this pass screams pro-casts for sure, for most though its quite limited and really the Founder’s Amphitrite is really one the most useful for me personally. So really it heavily depends, some of the items are nice but way too much cast, but hey, if your a cast then this is the pass for you.

For those wondering what "Bed 2" is, it's on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmuXbPhPuJw

17「ベッド2」 - /la bed2 - 00:28

I mean, cosmetics in general are kinda hit or miss.

Personally, I haven't really been interested in anything in the last two mission passes and neither does anything in this one appeal to me. So I'm just trying to be happy for those who get "just" the thing they needed for their look and bide my time until something for me rolls around (or rather, rolls around again).

And there's a bright side, too: It leaves more Star Gems for other things!

Just take a look at that CAST lankyboi.

Also, if you told me there was an item called "hair drill extensions" I can't say I would have assumed it was some weird spiral pompadour like it apparently is, vs being ojousama drills.

@Akonyl said in Mission Pass 9 is a bit of a disappointment:

ojousama

Ooooohohohohohoho

You don't have to have drill hair to be one.

Maybe those hair drill extensions, being accessories, can be rotated and positioned to create a gothic "drill tails" hair style, which I haven't seen in this game yet. Though I would prefer the actual hair style. It's the one thing I'm missing for one of my characters.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Mission Pass 9 is a bit of a disappointment:

Maybe those hair drill extensions, being accessories, can be rotated and positioned to create a gothic "drill tails" hair style, which I haven't seen in this game yet. Though I would prefer the actual hair style. It's the one thing I'm missing for one of my characters.

That's kind of what I'm hoping, but if that's the case that's a real misleading icon. Like, why not show the drills on the sides of the head then? But looking at the various hair extensions that exist on JP, it doesn't look like there's any that matches this, so it's hopefully just a visual error on the icon.

@Akonyl I actually don't think the icon is misleading. I assume that's the default 0,0,0 position of the accessory. What we will discover is how much it can be edited when we can obtain it. Though I'm not too fond of having to use 2 slots for the look I'd want.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Mission Pass 9 is a bit of a disappointment:

Im 100% sure there was a gothic twin drill hairstyle on the JP server, so good chance we'll see it soon.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-magical-dark-fantasy-ac-scratch/

I’m happy because I switched my main to a CAST, they have such cool body pieces. I feel like the game is severely lacking in battle ready looking armor for female characters in general, usually if I get cool looking armored legs then I get some stupid boob and bellybutton cutout outfit attached to it. CASTS have more freedom with choosing their legs.

However they really don’t have a lot of options yet. I own everything that is possible to buy, if you weren’t around for old mission pass seasons then that’s half your wardrobe missing. So bring on the CAST stuff!

Oddly enough my favorite thing is the Canary outfit, guess my fleshie alt can have it.

Refacile has the most potential for my main, it’s a really sleek design that would pair well with a lot of options, especially legs that have skirt attached. Can’t wait to get my hands on that.

Quna Stage looks like it can replace a few items in my quarters, and more CAST options to play with.

That tier 30 head reminds me of a pet in Elsword, so the temptation to complete nags at me.

It would be interesting if someone could try to pull off a cosplay of Eve.

Canary Scrap looks interesting, but Sleek Mariner feels as if it's more of a newbie equipment redesign.

The Robin Cap looks pretty cool. Hopefully there's a recolor someday.

I can finally complete my Zekt cosplay, that alone makes this my favorite scratch. alt text

@Akonyl said in Mission Pass 9 is a bit of a disappointment:

That's kind of what I'm hoping, but if that's the case that's a real misleading icon. Like, why not show the drills on the sides of the head then? But looking at the various hair extensions that exist on JP, it doesn't look like there's any that matches this, so it's hopefully just a visual error on the icon.

It was originally a "secret phrase" item on the JP server, and it is very much a massive spinning swirl of hair that extends all the way to the back of the head. It has good rotation, but the XYZ movement doesn't really allow for it to be made into ojuo curls.

pso20201026_225927_000.png

Amazing.

I don’t think I’d get much use out of the jojo-esque hair accessory but I’m intrigued. I want to see what people do with it.