My first PSO2 video

Yo, I was kinda amazed by the combat system and the youtube community of PSO2, so I decided to make my own PSO2 montage video as I took inspiration, for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gntlQGR9PFw

Please anyone? 😞

For starters, it would be nice to know your PA configurations for your weapon and sub-palette. In addition, I don't know how you managed to dodge the damage at about 2:33 when it clearly showed the Quartz Dragon in your hitbox (as it moved you. You didn't kill it yet either.)

I'm also not a big fan of Rap / Hip-Hop, RnB or a fair few other types of music. So I'm not really into the bit starting at 3:55-3:58 or so.

You also guarded at around 2:54 without pressing a guard button, since guard isn't assigned to your weapon palette or your sub-palette. Yes, I know you can set Weapon action to a keybind, but I'm wondering what you have it set to. I have mine set to V because I don't need auto-run.

@coldreactive At 2:33 I was using Katana Combat (A braver active ability in the sub-palette), which gives you invincibility frames for a set of time.

My Guard key is set to left Shift, which is the default setting button.

@Charus said in My first PSO2 video:

@coldreactive At 2:33 I was using Katana Combat (A braver active ability in the sub-palette), which gives you invincibility frames for a set of time.

My Guard key is set to left Shift, which is the default setting button.

The default setting button for all users for weapon action is Middle mouse on M+KB on weapon palette 1. You also seem to have weapon palette set to toggle in some scenes, rather than button hold. (Which is also not the default.)

By default, Shift is the button hold key for switching weapon palette. (Weapon Palette =/= Sub-palette. Weapon Palette is the thing in the middle.) Mean time, I decided to just set it to F, and change Weapon Palette Switching (between weapons) to B and G instead. Since I only have 3 sub-palettes, and never switch between them, I don't really need two dedicated keys for switching.

I still need shift for quickly switching between weapon palettes 1 and 2 for a specific weapon.

@coldreactive The 3 button weapon setting (Which is not the default one), give the player an option to put 6 PA (Including default attack and weapon action) on one single weapon palette. I toggle between the PA with the key C which is what I set in the settings.

@Charus said in My first PSO2 video:

@coldreactive The 3 button weapon setting (Which is not the default one), give the player an option to put 6 PA (Including default attack and weapon action) on one single weapon palette. I toggle between the PA with the key C which is what I set in the settings.

The game actually asks you what type of weapon setting you want first if you don't skip the tutorial. (It's also supposed to ask you again if you skip the tutorial and this is your first character. But this sometimes doesn't happen for whatever reason.) So technically no weapon palette type is the default :V

Most people I've seen use the 3 button layout with SHIFT switching weapon sets between 1 and 2 rather than using weapon action as a hotkey. PSO2 also likes to eat keyboard inputs sometimes, from my own experience at least. (Regardless of system and keyboard. Since I've played PSo2 on 4 different computers.)

And if you're using jet boots, hitting the weapon action twice quickly will cause problems, since you can weapon action during a weapon action, which will cancel the previous weapon action for certain weapon actions. This can be inevitable sometimes if PSO2 eats inputs.

@coldreactive Yeah, I got that choice when I created my first character. I was firstly used the 2 button standard weapon palette setting (The game called it 'standard' or 'simplified' setting, so I probably got it mixed up as default), but it was very inflexible and limiting, so after watching a few gameplay videos on youtube I switched to the 3 button setting as it was much more flexible and comfortable to use to pull combos.

As for the SHIFT button used for Weapon action, I took it from watching PigeonLyfe's keybinding PSO2 video...

Welcome, Charus! Let's talk about your video, please don't take anything personally, it's just someone else's view about how the video feels. I've been a bit away from the forums but I'm returning again.

I like very much you took time to make nice cuts and put it all together, I know this takes some time to get well done. I don't know how you did that, but your video has a slightly slower feeling, and this combined with your high resolution makes it great to watch. I personally prefer when you take longer to build the action. See, you beat the bosses so fast that we can't figure their movements (but ok, this isn't a tutorial anyway). I'd say something about background music you selected, it kinds of ruins the mood (for me at least), especially at some time when it seems to have 2 music playing at the same time. If you can figure out, there's a way to make these boss fights feel crazy with no music at all.

I hope you keep making more and with more surprises. Cheer up!

@Armada-San Glad you enjoued it!

The in-game music is always turned off in-game settings, so I dont know where it is overlapping. I love putting music because it makes the montage more stimulating when you put cool/fast-paced music mixed with the in-game combat, it makes the video montage combat look more stimulating, like an action/thriller movie.

My main inspiration was this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3J_XGQhEw

The bossed we're being taken out very fast because my weapon deals lots of damage even in Super-hard difficulty, so bosses die really quickly, and thats with the fact that my weapon is affixed very poorly (I am using 13* rarity katana, obtained from Pina equipment officer).

Ok, I understand your concept (I've seen your inspiration video), and we do indeed think a lot different! If you look at the other video threads there, you might find a thread I used to post a few things (I don't want to post it here to not pullute your thread). If you find it and wish to check, I'd recommend you see the Fang Banshee video. That was pretty hard!