I decided to put my newfound use of techs and strategies on my Techter alt Saeko Meina to the test by registering her as a Friend Avatar and then taking her out on yet another alt to see how her Artificial Intelligence performs. The first thing I need to explain is that I'm using one weapon set, and one sub-palette. This limits what the AI can effectively call upon to make it so it utilizes specific things over others. The below is what I have set. You might notice custom techs... this will be pointed out on after, in my observations.
The Nabarta shown is also a custom version that lets you guard with it. I should also point out there is no use of any other techs/PAs/etc. anywhere as you can see above. I want you to take a look at the video link below to see how she acts, and more importantly, what techs she uses.
Some observations on my part:
- She uses Megiverse more than resta. Opting to use Resta more so when out of combat than in combat.
- She uses Foie and Barta despite them not being assigned.
- She uses Ramegid as if it was Zero Ramegid in some cases, but it's cast as normal Ramegid.
- She uses Nabarta while backing away as if protecting herself more so. This is indicative of the AI maybe thinking that their Nabarta is Zero Nabarta, but it is cast as normal Nabarta.
- She uses Heavy Hammer for some attacks. (Usually not charging it.)
- She will use Resta after the initial Deband, due to Deband having the passive skill to increase HP.
- She will use Ilzan when enemies line up in specific arrangements.
- She doesn't like to melee attack. Thus I can't tell if Wand Lovers has been activated by her. (Since it wouldn't cause Elemental Burst if she attacks immediately unless Wand Lovers was active.)
For this suggestion
I would like to see Friend Avatars (and Partner Card NPCs) be able to use zero techs if a player has put one on the weapon and/or sub-palette. If this is impossible, then please consider making Zero techs into their own tech disc (that can only be crafted) separate from their original techs.
In addition, if Force, Ranger, and Gunner aren't set as subclass, the AI should consider melee attacking more as Techter. If the techter main AI has a Harmonizer equipped however, it should default to summoner/support AI instead.