Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party

This will allow us to actually kick players from our party after the quest initiates / starts. This is mostly specific to...

• Buster Quests (Usually if you're the leader.)
  • Urgent Quests (Usually if you're the leader.)
  • Any Boss-Type Quest

When leaving a party even after the quest is finished (and even if you're the party leader) you are kicked from the quest entirely, regardless of if you picked up items or not.

And yes, you heard me. YOU CANNOT kick players from your party after a Buster Quest has started and you're mid-battle. So you can't eject pesky AFKers from your group.

@coldreactive I'll bring this up to the team. Thank you!

I would like this as well, but obviously not for single party areas and only in MPAs.

How about if someone does not move or attack for 3 minutes straight, they get auto kicked? so anyone literally afk would be rooted out.

Of course this would only not backfire if it required them to give NO inputs. otherwise someone who cant hit the enemy before others kill it gets hurt.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party:

Of course this would only not backfire if it required them to give NO inputs

Yeah, and in FFXIV, we've had people just AFK when they didn't want to do a duty/dungeon and type to their friends every now and again. Which counted as them making an input.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party:

How about if someone does not move or attack for 3 minutes straight, they get auto kicked? so anyone literally afk would be rooted out.

Of course this would only not backfire if it required them to give NO inputs. otherwise someone who cant hit the enemy before others kill it gets hurt.

Don't apply that to free-fields and such, 'cause if someone has to take a piss during a circuit run that'd kick them out instantly... Since people tend to not complete free field/ult quest maps.

@GM-Deynger Hey if you take suggestions, you should consider this. I guess i could make my own thread but whatever.

Anyway, could it be made so that basically every urgent quests max player count gets cut in half? 12 is way too much. Also, get some limit in the way that, if you are over 70 you can't join the lower than 70 mission, over 50 can't go to lower than 50 mission and so on? Should be some equipment limit too, which could be done with scaling, although scaling in a logical way seems to be too much to ask for game developers. Because it would be really great that i could actually participate in these damn thing for once. Getting just plain boring watching these people prove their "max deeps" every time one of them pops up. While it is funny to be called a leech when you don't even have a chance to participate and i simply don't see any reason to even bother trying, it isn't funny enough to replace actually playing the game.

Also, could i get some system that allows me to stop people from joining my group altogether? Because people sometimes join my group, without my consent, and i don't even know how or why. At least i can just kick them out.

@Yggranya said in Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party:

@GM-Deynger Hey if you take suggestions, you should consider this. I guess i could make my own thread but whatever.

Anyway, could it be made so that basically every urgent quests max player count gets cut in half? 12 is way too much. Also, get some limit in the way that, if you are over 70 you can't join the lower than 70 mission, over 50 can't go to lower than 50 mission and so on? Should be some equipment limit too, which could be done with scaling, although scaling in a logical way seems to be too much to ask for game developers. Because it would be really great that i could actually participate in these damn thing for once. Getting just plain boring watching these people prove their "max deeps" every time one of them pops up. While it is funny to be called a leech when you don't even have a chance to participate and i simply don't see any reason to even bother trying, it isn't funny enough to replace actually playing the game.

Also, could i get some system that allows me to stop people from joining my group altogether? Because people sometimes join my group, without my consent, and i don't even know how or why. At least i can just kick them out.

12 is what they're designed for and they all fill up to 12 just fine.

@Yggranya said in Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party:

Put these on:

alt text

This doesn't work in Buster Quests for good reason:

alt text

For those worried about people kicking others randomly, as per twitter. The developers can just copy/paste over the Ready check dialogue and make it into a voting dialogue system instead where players have to click on a Yes or No button to agree to kick a certain player. If the No and Yes votes tie, nothing will happen. If the No votes win, no one will be kicked.

The player who is being voted on does not get the dialogue and cannot vote.

@coldreactive said in Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party:

Put these on:

alt text

This doesn't work in Buster Quests for good reason:

alt text

does ticking both literally mean they have to both be in your alliance and a friend?

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Overhaul Party system so it doesn't kick you from a quest when leaving a party:

does ticking both literally mean they have to both be in your alliance and a friend?

That's what I've always assumed, but it could just allow both. I just use it as a pho-password system.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki If they are designed for 12 players, why does it only require 1-4 players to kill all enemies, including bosses? Anything over that is redundant. If they really were designed for 12 players, then that is some terrible designing considering how badly they failed.

@coldreactive I have those both on all the time. I started with "friends only" but when someone joined my party despite of that, i tried "alliance members only" which was equally useless. Now i have them both on and sometimes someone joins my party regardless.

When we consider the fact that there is the option to automatically decline party invites, why isn't there the same thing for someone joining my party? I even completed a single urgent mission in a party by accident, as i didn't notice someone joined my group out of nowhere. Was some stupid achievement for that too for some reason. Heh "achievement".

If something like this has neven happened to you, then i envy your luck.

I'm completely fine if there are other people on the same map, i just don't want them to invade my party.

@coldreactive the down side of joining a party is if the party maker leaves the quest your automatically booted too. Cant even pick up the loot.