What is the most you ever made on an upsale?

So I have a monomate inspired by when I started up on my personal shop for the max amount of meseta. I hope one day someone with a lot of meseta decides to buy it and take me out of my poverty. Until then I will have to do with my 7-8 aufix weapons bringing in the currency. I know it's never going to happen, and I am aware that the reason I saw people doing this was because they where exploring the meseta or buying meseta (Here I thought there was just something special about the monomate.). Anyways, the most I ever made was about 10mil over asking price on an outwear that was no longer available in game. It was such a shock coming in and seeing someone buy it. I mean I am still dirt poor but that got me through some tough times. Just recently I made about 700k profit on a camo that sells for 300k reg. I am also wondering if those averages on the top players market for items that are 1000 meseta selling for an average of 85mil are because someone made a fantastic upsale? Have you been that lucky, what was your profit and what was the item?

I got Panis Wings B for 5m and resold for 25m once. I don’t typically resale. People generally will buy an item when the market is flooded and hold onto them until you can’t get them anymore, be it a week or sit on it for months. It’s just a matter of patience(which I don’t usually have). Like on my ship right now I got the Float emote for my husband for 3.2m. You know consumables like that are going to skyrocket once the scratch is over.

Do your dailies on all your alts to rack up a stack of spending money and keep an eye out on hot ticket items. Check the shops every few hours because the prices fluctuate a lot, I’m talking Pole Dance was going for 60m, I bought one for 21m to gift a friend, then the market jumped to 40m.

Always have the meseta on hand for a good deal like that, you could triple your investment in a month or less.

I suppose the closest I've come to deliberate resale was buying new AC scratch outfits for 200k to 300k to get their SG, and holding onto them for a few weeks and selling them without SG for sometimes over 400k. Even then the purpose of that exercise is to get the SG, and for many of these outfits I've simply sold them back at the price I first bought them for, but that has been some profit.

I have technically resold a couple of other items for way more (tens of millions) but those were unique circumstances in which I bought them just in case I needed to use them before it turned out I didn't. Profit was never the intention there.

Best resale I got on NA was buying some SG socks and selling them for 100mil. On JP best resell I got was buying a miqo'te tail for 50mil and reselling for 500mil

@Milk said in What is the most you ever made on an upsale?:

I got Panis Wings B for 5m and resold for 25m once. I don’t typically resale. People generally will buy an item when the market is flooded and hold onto them until you can’t get them anymore, be it a week or sit on it for months. It’s just a matter of patience(which I don’t usually have). Like on my ship right now I got the Float emote for my husband for 3.2m. You know consumables like that are going to skyrocket once the scratch is over.

Do your dailies on all your alts to rack up a stack of spending money and keep an eye out on hot ticket items. Check the shops every few hours because the prices fluctuate a lot, I’m talking Pole Dance was going for 60m, I bought one for 21m to gift a friend, then the market jumped to 40m.

Always have the meseta on hand for a good deal like that, you could triple your investment in a month or less.

That's usually what I do. Problem was I have such a back log of old items you can't get anymore but either the rich have them or the poor can't afford them. But I did make a few 10 mils on some classic items a month before these throwback scratches dropped, so that was nice.

@ERICK001BC

There’s always new players who become rich, it’s worth a shot. Anything blatantly edgy, sexy or weeb-y in any way will eventually sell to the right buyer. You could probably sell in a day if you merely doubled your investment rather than sit for months with 5x asking price like some people made the mistake of doing. A lot of those items came back in the revival scratch.

@Milk said in What is the most you ever made on an upsale?:

@ERICK001BC

There’s always new players who become rich, it’s worth a shot. Anything blatantly edgy, sexy or weeb-y in any way will eventually sell to the right buyer. You could probably sell in a day if you merely doubled your investment rather than sit for months with 5x asking price like some people made the mistake of doing. A lot of those items came back in the revival scratch.

Yeah, I sold my SAO Black coat rather high. Less amount of skin and more lewd tend to get me higher so I try and buy whenever possible.

60mil. Nice.

I got a Lv.17 disc called "Million Storm". I set the price to 1 million just for fun, because I had empty space for my shop. 2 days later, someone really bought it.

@Cakewalk said in What is the most you ever made on an upsale?:

I got a Lv.17 disc called "Million Storm". I set the price to 1 million just for fun, because I had empty space for my shop. 2 days later, someone really bought it.

I love that. Funny thing, that millionaires camo for tails, I have done the same with with similar results.