Tracking Personal Music Discs

I'm quite the collector and I also enjoy a number of the songs within this game, so I've been going through and trying to buy and register a number of discs that I come across, and I see so many that are usually up in the player shops. Problem is, I've registered so many that my list is getting quite large, and as far as I'm aware, there's no way to actually "track" which ones are already registered to oneself without having to cross reference the jukebox. So I've been trying to make a personal list to compare which ones I have and have not.

Well considering how what lists I've come across so far seems to be out of date or missing information (I dunno how I've come across at least one NA song that doesn't appear to be in any of the JA lists I've found, maybe said list is outdated) I feel it's getting tougher to find out which ones I don't have so I don't accidentally waste meseta on buying something I already have registered.

I don't know if there's an easy way to do this, but what I'm thinking is maybe have it set up kinda like it is for the cosmetics that one can learn (where it says Unsued, Bound by another character), to show that it's registered to one's jukebox. That's the only thought that comes to mind, unless someone has a better idea.

The problem is, this doesn't work cross-ship. (Since it's personal quarters or storage-based) So they can't exactly make a "Used" or "Unused" text bit at the bottom. Plus, it's likely that to disallow lag or extended loading times, the registered list of disks won't load until it's called by the jukebox. Having it available at all times or on-demand may cause lag.

Not excatly an easy way, but making a checklist with all of the music disks list shouls help.

I have done this with several other games with a bunch of collection items, I just look up a complete list and make a text file for it.

@DWR-Metalman said in Tracking Personal Music Discs:

what lists I've come across so far seems to be out of date or missing information

As its de-facto main updater I'm a little behind on the Global Arks-Visiphone listing. Sorry about that! It's missing discs from the last one or two FUN updates. I hope to catch it up soon.

@LazerRay said in Tracking Personal Music Discs:

I have done this with several other games with a bunch of collection items, I just look up a complete list and make a text file for it.

It's kind of what I've been doing, but since some sites don't match up from what I can see (This site says this but this other one doesn't have it listed) I've been doing it a bit differently. While not exactly nice and easy, it does get the job done. Just thought maybe there could be a way to make it a lot easier for oneself

@Miraglyth said in Tracking Personal Music Discs:

what lists I've come across so far seems to be out of date or missing information

As its de-facto main updater I'm a little behind on the Global Arks-Visiphone listing. Sorry about that! It's missing discs from the last one or two FUN updates. I hope to catch it up soon.

While I'm not trying to point fingers, that site is one I was referencing, but as it can be hard to update it with how frequent the game is updating, I'm not pointing blame to it. Matter of fact I appreciate what has been done so far with it (among other things within it).

I agree, they should be greyed out like emotes are.

While I'm not trying to point fingers, that site is one I was referencing.

If there are any omissions beyond the last couple of FUN scratch rotations I'm unaware of them and would appreciate you letting me know what it's missing so I can get those added too. 👍

Edit: I've updated that wiki page now, it should contain all the discs that have ever been obtainable on Global. If there are any missing please let me know so I can investigate!

Back to the topic though, I do support improving the indication in player shops to match other registered item types such as emotes. Its complexity isn't just from music disc registration differing by ship though: Alliance Quarters also have a totally independent set of music disc registration too!

Maybe it would be simplest to ignore Alliance Quarters registration and upgrade Personal Quarters registration to be cross-ship. That would enable the personal shop highlight to replicate the registration check that is made for emotes which should be much easier (provided music disc registration could be easily separated from ship-specific Personal Quarters data).