Why are y'all surprised you got banned?

@RainGnyu This isn't a why me thread.

@RainGnyu They won't be able to reveal any methods because Sega will not disclose them. That's pretty much company rules they have for their dev team. If they spill the beans, said employee risks getting even fired, and Sega would be forced to spend resources to change tactics and systems just to keep their security methods a secret. That's if it's a big enough case. As for the 'why me" threads, if they come from intentionally guilty people posing as innocents, let the rest of the forum laugh at them for being both cheaters and horrible actors.

@FANtasyStarOnline In the usual ban waves, the devs will respond to cases where the banned user appeals, and leave those who don't speak up banned. In the case of a massive ban wave due to some error on either an automated system or whatever else, the devs may actively try to fix said error, and this could result in the unbanning of some accounts without the players having to do anything. Now, from what I see here, this isn't a massive derp issue, and the banned accounts were targeted for a reason. The appeal process can still happen, regardless, because that's started by the players, and they have the right to be heard, at least. After all, devs are also human and can make mistakes.

I'm not suggesting that anybody be told the absolute specifics of their ban but as an example: to be told that an account was banned for suspected account sharing/ harassment/ participating in RMT/ Gameplay reasons/ using a VPN so on and so forth does not do much, if anything of note to empower the bots/RMT spammers but it does allow those impacted by the bans to think about whether or not they did do as claimed, have real grounds to appeal etc. It's the minimum I'd expect were something to happen with my account at least. The problem lies in the fact that responses seen so far all appear to be "You violated the ToS. No appeal for you." and then stonewalling on the part of the support staff.

The first option in the Support system is to request information about your account by the way:

alt text

@Shine Yeah. I agree it's vexing and not the response people may want. I'm also not trying to defend the dev team, but rather, let people know the possible scenarios they may be seeing if they happen to be banned.

And, I wanted to note, that my responses may not reflect what Sega exactly does, since I don't work for them. Rather, they are a collection of knowledge gathered while seeing similar things in other games and places and from speaking to people claiming to have actual experience in the matter. All with a good amount of logical thinking on it.

@coldreactive Yeah, I've had to use the support form for issues relating to this months gamepass rewards. I'm merely echoing the responses that other forum-users hit by 816 have received upon attempting to use the support form to find out additional info regarding their ban.

While I'm not going to say anyone in particular is innocent I would perfer a robust appeals system that errors on the side of the player when accused of indiscretion.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

@RainGnyu They won't be able to reveal any methods because Sega will not disclose them. That's pretty much company rules they have for their dev team. If they spill the beans, said employee risks getting even fired, and Sega would be forced to spend resources to change tactics and systems just to keep their security methods a secret. That's if it's a big enough case. As for the 'why me" threads, if they come from intentionally guilty people posing as innocents, let the rest of the forum laugh at them for being both cheaters and horrible actors.

@FANtasyStarOnline In the usual ban waves, the devs will respond to cases where the banned user appeals, and leave those who don't speak up banned. In the case of a massive ban wave due to some error on either an automated system or whatever else, the devs may actively try to fix said error, and this could result in the unbanning of some accounts without the players having to do anything. Now, from what I see here, this isn't a massive derp issue, and the banned accounts were targeted for a reason. The appeal process can still happen, regardless, because that's started by the players, and they have the right to be heard, at least. After all, devs are also human and can make mistakes.

You not understanding what I am saying!

Those who exploit knows the method! What is stopping them from revealing and spreading the influence subjective virus 🦠? Yes Sega knows but those who exploit also knows and know we are listening and talking about the what if because the OP Exposed their infections because they don’t want to die alone.

Come on people (GMs) think!

@RainGnyu I'll risk it and say I'm pretty sure that after the investigation and the ban wave, whatever method used was patched off and made useless. So whatever anybody says about it will not work, and will get them banned as well just for saying it.

@RainGnyu said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

You not understanding what I am saying!

Those who exploit knows the method! What is stopping them from revealing and spreading the influence subjective virus 🦠? Yes Sega knows but those who exploit also knows and know we are listening and talking about the what if because the OP Exposed their infections because they don’t want to die alone.

Come on people (GMs) think!

Im confused what did I expose? I'm here to call the people that got banned dumb...

Also as a statement to anyone who uses the excuse of "I put money in this game, i shouldn't be perma banned etc"

You knew things were a ban worthy offense. If you put money in a game, break the rules, and lose your money... it's your own fault. no sympathy

I mean at the exchange rates bots advertised for meseta a job at Tacobell could net you 100million meseta or more sn hour in my area. Kinda suspect.

@Tasty-Human-bits but can i 8 slot augment my chalupa tho?

@SuperND420 ofc you can sir that will be 50 dollars.

upslotting to an 8-slot chalupa only offers you a 40% chance of eating it without gastro intestinal distress.